Autoimmune Thyroid Disorders Suck! User Group
weight loss
About This Group:

Let's face it; living with thyroid disorders (autoimmune or not) can completely suck! And nobody knows this or truly understands it unless they go through it. This group was created for those who experience the numerous trying symptoms that the thyroid/immune system can throw at us, so we can empathize with one another, and/or share a few tips and tricks to cope.

Founded by Lori575 on October 2, 2009
146 members

weight loss

Just wondering how common it was to be underweight, and have hypothyroidism?
1 Comment
Yes, Annabelle.  I have never been good about taking my medications.  Began this year with horrible gall bladder and intestinal issues, recurrent oral and vaginal yeast infections.  Lost 20lbs because couldn't eat anything with GB.  Finally got it taken out in May.  Felt great for a month then a lot of symptoms came back.  One was not gaining back the 20lbs I lost despite not exercising because I was so fatigued.  Started showing signs of anemia, had hair loss and oily hair (could wash it and by the time it was dry, looked oily again), periods every two weeks.  Skin rash (found out from antibiotics) overgrowth of yeast in ears and mouth, you name it.  Started with a new doctor and started taking my meds as i'm meant to.  Periods decreased, IBS improved, hair thickened up and went back to normal and my appetite came back and am not losing weight.  HT can make someone sick to their stomach (at least it does me) and that might make you eat less or not at all which can result in weight loss.  I had struggled for years to lose weight and then found myself suddenly alarmed with how much I was losing or not gaining I guess.  It takes time to get on track with meds and your thyroid can change over time.  Take care of yourself.
Risa615 commented on photo
redheadaussie Number 3 of 4 yesterday. ON... Comment
Risa615 commented on veronica0808's status
Oct 17