Baby Dust Buddies - TTC and Pregnancy after a Loss User Group
Belly Buddies - April 13
About This Group:

Our TTC and Pregnancy after a Loss Group is a Public Group for women to share their conception journeys after a miscarriage. From starting over after a loss; surviving the two week wait; dealing with a BFN; celebrating the coveted BFP and making it through nine months of worry. Baby dust is sprinkled joyfully and liberally all around.

Founded by bam1014 on September 25, 2009
475 members

Belly Buddies - April 13

I'm going to try my best to keep this all in order....I apologize in advance :)

First off I would like to ask all of you to keep the ladies who had recent losses in your thoughts and prayers.
Eirlis
songinmind/Janelle
GinaGi

Done Buns!

mapes/Melissa - Adam  6/14/09
Dani - Colter  7/19/09
kc1021 - Olivia Kate  7/23/09
Tiger63/Stacey - Lillian Kathleen  8/6/09
pat4rod/Patty - 9lb boy  8/17/09
ashmcc - Kamryn  8/17/09
CacyMichelle - Addison Grace  8/24/09
munter - Lincoln Brian  9/6/09
Avik/Anna - Jamin Scott  9/16/09
Latrice - Trinity Allyssa  9/18/09
nickswife/Gigi - Abby Nickole  10/14/09
kgokgo/Niki - Isabelle  10/18/09
BPO629/Brandy - Allison Jean  10/24/09
melo1224 - ????  11/10/09
cari227 - Allyssa Marie  11/14/09
hazeleyes/Amanda - Ali  11/25/09
popcorn/Julie - ????  11/29/09
mikaleen/Aileen - Emma Claire  12/1/09
ladyM84/Lisa - Evan Zack  12/3/09
Elisha123 - Brianna  12/10/09
youme123/Leigh - ????
mialvan/Maria - June  1/16/10
GMB/Gina -  baby boy  3/15/10
tinkerbell101/Deb - Our newest member...Daniel Ethan  3/30/10 " welcome to the world!"

Awaiting The Arrival!!!

msteri - 36wks 3days - girl - 5/8/10
ericaB28 - 34wks - ??? - 5/23/10
princessa745/Rossie - 28wks 4days - boy - 7/2/10
lilinz - 27wks 4days - boy - 7/9/10
steph9803 - 26wks 5days - boy - 7/15/10
natalie910 - 26wks 1day - boy - 7/19/10
steph_B - 24wks 3days - girl - 7/31/10
heatherLF16 - 24wks - ??? - 8/3/10
peterjl/Mary -m 23wks 5days - girl -8/5/10
TCgirl - 21wks 3days - girl - 8/21/10
teddiH - 18wks 6days - ??? - 9/8/10
rachaellou06 - 15wks 3days - ??? - 10/2/10
cocacolapanda/Amy - 14wks 6days - ??? - 10/6/10
szw2008/Sam - 14wks 1 day - ??? - 10/11/10
Dmarie/Dana - 13wks 1day - ??? - 10/18/10
nunu/Vanessa - 12wks 4days - ??? - 10/22/10
nikkij6577 - 12wks - ??? - 10/26/10
missmyangel/Theresa - 11wks 3days - ??? - 10/30/10
pips - 11wks 1day - ??? - 11/1/10
annalc - 10wks 4days - ??? - 11/5/10
babyhope8/Ana - 7wks 3days - ??? - 11/27/10

Welcome to the other side!!!!

trying_x_3 - 6wks 5days - ??? - 12/2/10
angelbabyM/Gina - 5wks 5days - ??? - 12/9/10
lori0615 - 5wks 1day - ??? - 12/13/10
youngmum20 - BFP!!!!!!!!

Hope to be adding more names to the next list!
GREAT job Lori! I just popped over for a sec and saw a new list. Hope all of the preggos are doing good...and sending TRUCKLOADS of SSBD to Lori, Bridgette, and the rest of you ttc :D
Sorry for the losses...my heart goes out to you...
The list is perfect, Lori. Thanks!  

My condolences to the recent losses.
So sorry to see there were recent losses :(  My heart goes out to you ladies.

Good job on the list Lori!!  You are such a sweet heart for taking this over for me :)  But if your name ends up on this side I get to put it there, okay?  And vice versa!!

Teri - you're next!  Are you all ready to go?
This list is huge!!!  I can't wait to get myself back on this side...thankfully we have some answers now & can move forward.  Great job Lori!

Sorry to hear about the recent losses.  I know all to well how that feels, my prayers are with you.
Awesome job Lori!!! Hope everyone is doing well...I have nothing new to report just waiting for Thursday to come so I can go to my first ultrasound!

Sorry to hear about the recent losses

Thanks for the new list! Great job! Sending lots of SSBD to everyone TTC!
I'm very sorry for everyone who experienced losses recently. It breaks my heart to see the list get shorter :/ I'm praying for you to stay strong and get a BFP again with a keeper this time!
Congrats to all the new BFP's! Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months!

Does my due date change if I measure ahead? I know for sure the baby is just growing fast, because I ovulated on day 14, and baby was only measuring one day ahead at my last u/s, and is now measuring four days ahead.
MIssmyAngel- Most of the time they aren't really going to change your dates much especially if you know when you O'd. The measurements can change by days just by have a different u/s tech or machine. All 3 of my previous were BIG babies and they never changed the dates. This time my new dr. said after my u/s that he was moving me up 6 days, (which he said he rarely does) because with my idea of when I conceived and all of the measurements..it was pretty consistent. I guarantee you the next u/s I have I will be measuring WAY ahead compared to then though.
My thoughts and prayers go out to Eirlis, GinaGi and Janelle. I am so sorry for your losses.

Lori-- Thank you for such a fantastic job! It can't be easy to keep track of all that!

MissmyAngel-- They'll usually only change dates if you're a week or more off. Don't worry, they'd tell you if they were changing things.. :o)

Can't believe I'm 2nd from the top now...holy cr@p! Hopefully the little bean will stay in a while longer...or maybe my first due date was more accurate? (wishful thinking) So, 39 days to go..I have a Dr's appt. on Friday, hopefully I can get off bed rest soon!

Hope you're all doing well!
Erica :o)
Thanks for the list Lori, I never thought I would get to see my name on this list.

Did any of you ladies have a pain on the lower right or left side of your abdomen? I am 5w2d now but on Sun I started getting pain on my lower right side of my abdomen. I went to er cause i was afraid of tubular pregnancy and they said they did not see anything like that, nothing in the tube but nothing in the uterus either, U/S tech said it's too early to see anything in the uterus since my hcg was 469 on Sunday.

Any thoughts on this pain would be helpful.
YAY Erica!! I hadn't been down in a while and was looking for my name way down on the list...and it was 5th! I still can't believe how far I've come. I hope you get released and get to enjoy the last few weeks.
Thanks Lori!  Everything looks great!

My thoughts go out to those who have had losses recently.

It's so nice to see my name moving up on the list!  Time seems to be going very quickly lately.  I signed up for birth class and a breast feeding class in May and have my shower that my mother and mother in law are throwing for me June 5th!  For those of you who already have children what was the most useful thing for you?  I'm working on my registry and trying to make sure I'm not forgetting something important.

Erica- I hope you get released from bed rest soon!
Lori0615 - I get the pains and I'm pretty sure they are cysts that form on the overies at the beginning of pregnancy.  These produce the progesterone and other hormones.  Most women do not feel them and they usually form right around ovulation.  I am one of the lucky ones that actually feels mine, lol!!  It gets worse when I have a full bladder!!!  I hope this answers your question!!  If you want you can google ovarian cysts in early pregnancy and it will explain everything.  

Lori - Thanks for the New list!!  It is so weird seeing my name on this one.  You will be here soon, I can feel it!!
1angelbabyM- thanks, they could not really see my right ovary to see if there was a cyst. But oh boy it sure aches.
Lori - Thanks for the new list!! Nice to see my name on it!!

Lori0615 - I had that on my right side, freaked out thinking etopic...and then it started on my left side too!! It happened at about 5 weeks, hasn't really happened much since!! I hope it's just a normal part of pregnancy!

My heart goes out to all the losses especially my friend songinmind, my heart just about dropped out of my chest and tears filled my eyes when I heard the news.

Hope everyone is doing good today!!
Sweet new list! I can't wait to see that sucker get longer and longer and watch people slowly move up and off!

I had an amazing dream last night. I proceeded with my home water birth and things went smoothly and calmly and I had a beautiful baby boy who took to breastfeeding like a champ. It was a really good dream. I wonder if that's a sign it's a boy and that my decision to do the home water birth is the perfect decision for me? Last night's dream was a good omen if you ask me!

Time's a tickin' along! I can't believe how fast it goes!
Bridgette - I am very ready to meet my little girl. I get to see her every week until she comes. The ultrasounds are great, but I really want her on the outside with me lol. I'll be 37 weeks on Saturday so any day after that would be great.
Lori: Thanks for the list!  The Dr. actually put me due 10/17 but the tracker won't let me change the date for some reason.

Lori06: in early pregnancy I would have pains on either side of my abdomen when I moved quickly or stretched...I think it was just things movng around and stretching...it hasn't really happened in awhile and I did ask about it..they made it sound like it was normal.  

I'm sorry for all of the recent losses :(

LORI and BRIDGETTE:  SSBD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Erica: can't believe you are getting to the top of the list either!!!  Seems like time is flying!

OB appointment tomorrow...praying everything is still okay!! :)
Lori06-I had the pains around that stage too..It started with my right, then moved to my left, and then bounced back and fourth. Sounds like enough of us have had it to safely conclude its normal.:)

trying-I know what you mean. One day we were assuring songinmind that everythinng was ok, because she was worried about her morning sickness fading, next thing I know, she is no longer on this list. :/ I feel so terrible, because the same thing happened with my m/s at that stage and everything turned out ok. Wishing the best for all three, and Queenspade as well, that they are able to get back on this list soon, and have keepers this time.

Msteri and Erica-grats for being at the top of the list! Not too far to go now!

Bridgette and Lori-Sending you two big bags of SSBD-Sorry but I had to borrow a dump truck to dump it on your front lawns though-it was too heavy ;p

Steph and Erica-thank you for the advice. I haven't seen my doc yet. My last u/s showed I was right on target with my dates, (just a day ahead) and now baby is jumping ahead. I guess it must just mean the baby is gonna be a bean pole like me and my Dad lol. It was the same tech and the same machine that did both u/s's.
Morning ladies!!! Glad to see everyone is doing good.

Lori- I have been having the same pains (just like Dana) hear and there when I move too fast or I do a sudden move I get that pain too

I finally have my fist ultrasound today hope everything is well!
Thanks Lori! If you'd ever like me to do the list just holler.  Things have settled down a bit now.  Idon't get here as often b/c I don't want to fall behind on FB!

I'm sorry to see there have been some losses.

I can't believe how many ladies are on this side now, and it seems like last month Erica was going crazy with her blue dye tests!

Hope all the bumps are doing well!
Hello ladies, how is everyone today? Hope all is good!! I'm great, I think I threw up water this morning, not sure that first time...it was clear and didn't burn like bile...I then drank some water and threw that back up twice lol!! My m/s only seems to happen about everyother day in the early morning or late afternoon and only last for a few minutes (in the mornings)...Does m/s follow a pattern? I sometimes feel a little quezy during the day, but as long as I eat a little something I'm fine. Also, someday's I can't eat my cereal and others I can (I could this morning) is that still considered food adversion? And does anyone know why I sometimes can and sometimes can't eat certain things (crackers sometimes make my stomach turn)? Thanks!! Hope everyone has a great day!!
Hi everyone! Thank you all so much for sharing the baby dust with me and Bridgette. Glad to see your all doing well.

Aileen- anytime you want to start back on the list just let me know. I'm gonna take over for Bridgette on the c/b thread for a bit.
trying_x_3 - I've been throwing up watter for a long time, my midwife told me to not drink with meals, and try to sip not drink too fast.  I've also found that using a straw, and drinking things like Tea have helped me keep the liquids down.  I'm 15 weeks and just bairly starting to keep watter down!  I drink more at night because I can't drink much during the day, but in turn that's made me have to pee a lot at night!  Morning sickness does not really follow a pattern for me, When you start to get closer to 12 weeks (or past) you might start to have more good days than bad.  Food aversions are more of things that you can't eat, they smell or taste bad.  Cravings are when you want/need something.  I have found only a few things make me feel good, and often times I'll want something to eat, take a bite and it makes me SO sick.  From my experience being able to eat something one min and not the next won't go away for most of the pregnancy.

I'm so sorry to hear about the losses!  I pray that the three of you have a quick recovery and are back on this list soon!

babyhope8 - I can't wait to hear about your ultrasound!!!  I'm sad I need to wait till May 24th, but I guess it's good because it means that everything is good!

Wow, there's a lot of ladies who are between 21 and 28 weeks!  It really does look like they always come in bunches!  

Well, nothing new for me, I THINK I felt the baby last night, and again today, but it's weird.  It felt stronger than I figured it would.  When I went to stand up last night (a few different times) I felt something moving/wiggling on my right side right where my uteras is.  Has anyone felt any somewhat strong movements (or knew they felt the baby) at 15 weeks?  I felt stuff again today, when I went from standing to sitting I felt something in the middle of where my uturas is, much lighter this time.
Cocacolapanda - Thanks, it was bright and early this morning so I didn't really have anything in my stomach, I think that's why I threw it up! I just wasn't sure on how I can eat cereal some mornings and I'm fine whereas other mornings I start dyheaving just thinking about it lol!!

I hope that was your baby moving!! And I hope you get to feel it as much as you want!!!

One week till my doc. appt - DH asked if they are going to do another ultrasound and I told him they were and if they didn't want to we are def. pushing for one, they're already doing a bad job of reasuring me as it is. Hurry up time!! Were any of you anxious about the first appt. after a m/c? Was it one of those things that continue for every appt? I am worried about it b/c with the 1st m/c I had the 1st ultrasound hb96, started spotting came in for 2nd ultrasound at 9 weeks hb75, at 10 weeks ultrasound no hb. Guess that's why I scared, wish they would see me sooner :-(
Trying- I was very nervous for my first few apts. this pregnancy.  My first appointment I cried in the car before I went in.  It gets better each apt I go to.  Even now at 25 weeks I was a little nervous for my apt, even though I can feel Ashlynn moving around all the time.  I think it's just thinking about how something could go wrong at any point.  I know that it's not very likley at this point.  I'm sure everything will be great with your little bean, and that each apt will get easier.  I would push for another U/S then you won't  have to worry for awhile.
Steph_b - Thanks for the reasurance, I figured I was normal with this worry lol!! I will be praying that all continues to go well with your pg!! Thank you for the vote of confidence when it comes to my little bean!! I will def. push for a u/s!! Thank you!!!
trying_x_3 - That is totally normal!  I actually was so worried about it that before I got pregnant I had some meet and greets with different dr's and midwifes and found one that I knew would help me.  She's good at helping the baby as that is her job, and she understood my concerns and knows that putting my fears to rest is the best for the baby.  She did ultrasounds until we heard the heartbeat and it made a world of a difference (for that day).  But the rest of the days I was still worried sick till we actually heard the heartbeat.  Turn on the tears if you need to ;).  And as Steph said, each apt does get better!  If you get an ultrasound at this one apt (at what looks like 8 weeks) then your next will be about 12 so you have a good chance to hear the heartbeat!  (I think between 9 and 14 weeks they say you can hear it, I heard mine at 13 week apt).
Thank you Cocacolapanda - I will def. turn on the tears if needed, plus if you look at my profile pic, you'll see DH - he's about 275 in that pic and is now about 340, 6'1 and has a really big mouth lol!! I wondered if they were going to make me wait until week 12 to come back in....First m/c was at 10 weeks so I wonder if I could talk them into an extra ultrasound? I'm going to ask for one anyway!! THANK YOU so much!!

I threw up yellow bile today, twice!! Kinda glad for m/s because it at least reminds me I'm pg!!
Thanks ladies, I'm glad to hear others experianced what i am feeling. I did not feel this with my last pregnancy that i lost at 3months, and I don't remember having it with my son but that was many years ago.
Hello girls!! Popping in to say hi and see how everyone is doing!! 29wks today and feeling pretty good. Just the heartburn/acid reflux can be pretty uncomfortable at times but other than that Jeyden and i are doing great.
Rossie- Glad to hear everything is going well.  Wow 29 weeks already!  I've been getting hit with heartburn lately too.  I love the name, very cute.
Hello ladies stopping by to see how everyone is doing !!

Amy- thank you.....my ultrasound was great, May 24th will be h b4 you know it.... but I know it seems forever.

We were able to see my little jelly bean's heart beat it was great!...the nurse said I measure about 7.3 weeks about two days smaller but she said it's normal....now I just have to register on 4/26 and schedule an appt with my gyno which I am guessing it's going to be pertty soon (I hope) he has to do another ultrasound to schedule my cervical cerclage he stated from May 11-20 so we'll see how that goes.

Rossie- It is nice to hear from you...I am glad everything is going well...wow 29 weeks time really does fly!
Hey ladies:  

Amy: I don't think it's add to feel the baby at 15 weeks.  I am almost 14 and I still swear I've felt little twiches here and there that I am pretty sure are the baby.

My appointment on Thurs. was a little scary for me because the Dr. couldn't get the hb on the doppler and I had to get an ultrasound...thankfully everything is okay but I was a nervous wreck.  The baby was bouncing around like crazy...the u/s tech said tha'ts probably why they had a hard time finding it.  It's amazing how much they grow in a short amount of time...the baby looked bigger and different than just 10 days ago when I had my last u/s!  

Rossie..wow 29 weeks!!  I am sorry about heartburn...:(  I already have enough of it...I can't imagine how I'll be in a few months!!  

Hello ladies.

My name is Amanda and I have been a member to this site for about 4 months now.  I recently got a BFP and couldn't be happier to be joining this group.  I do have some concerns.  My BFP came at 11DPO which seems to early to me.  THe first time I was pregnant (ended in miscarriage at 17 weeks) I didnt get a BFP until about 4 days after my period was due.  Am I just being a nervous wreck?  I have cramping in my abdomen and lower back but no BB pain.  I guess I should just get used to being nervous...I have a feeling it will be that way the entire pregnancy.  Guess I am just looking for some reassurance that this is really happening.  Is having an early BFP a sign of chemical pregnancy?
Hi, Amanda.  Congrats on your BFP!  I got my BFP at 10DPO and it definitely was not a chemical pregnancy. I am 37 weeks today. The nervousness will go away eventually but it is hard for all of us to be completely comfortable after a loss. I hope you have a sticky bean and a happy and healthy 9 months.
need-answers- YAY, GRATS! Dont worry, my BFP was at 12 dpo. Have you taken any subsequent tests? Thats what I did to reassure myself that everything was going good, and HCG was doubling. I officially made it to 12 weeks today, and know this ones a keeper this time. Saw the lil one the other day bouncing around everywhere :) Wishing you a happy 9 months :)

Amy-I'm betting at your stage, you really did feel the lil one moving around! I've read that some people can feel the lil one as early as 12-13 weeks. I was sitting down reading this morning, when I felt almost a vibrating sensation exactly where my uterus is for about 5 seconds or so. I didnt have any gas or anything. I looked up and said to DH "That couldn't have been the baby already" and he said he was suprised I haven't felt him/her already with how active the baby is. I dunno..It is way early, the baby is measuring 12w 4d..So trying not to get excited..
Hi Girls! Stopping in to see how everyone is doing.

Rossie- nice to hear from you. We miss you around here. Love the name!

Dana- so happy to hear that all is well and you just have a very active little one. Your gonna have your hands full but you'll enjoy every minute of it.

Amanda- Hi and a big congratulations!!!! Just post your info and we'll get you on the next list.

msteri- tic-toc-tic-toc :)

Theresa- some people do feel strange feelings early on so it wouldn't surprise me.
Lori - lol! The countdown has really begun because I have started losing my mucus plug...yikes!  I have a desk job so I decided to stop working a week before my due date, so I have two weeks left of work if she stays in until then. I've been having Braxton Hicks contractions everyday for almost the entire past week. I had very few prior to that. Seems like my body's preparing for her arrival so I'd better get my mind ready lol.  Hope all of the other bellies at doing well!
Are*. My mind isn't quite there yet lol.  
Hi ladies!! Hope all is well! :o) I've been doing a little more the past couple of days, since I was let off full bed rest, been getting a few more contractions than before, so I'm still taking it easy.  So. I have a dilemma. We've had our boys name picked out since we were dating, but I'm not sure what to do about a girls name. We have one, Elizabeth Rea (Rea being my mothers maiden name), but I'm not IN LOVE with it..Any suggestions? We really can't decide, and I want to be prepared. I feel like, since I think it's a boy, it will most definitely be a girl, lol! Now I'm starting to think we should've paid the money to find out the sex..would've made life SO much easier! LOL!
Thanks girls for the warm welcome.  I have been a testing machine this weekend (4 more tests) All BFP.  The ones today look a little darker than Friday so I am starting to feel a little better about things.  I went to church this morning and said my prayers there and will continue to do so throughout this pregnancy.  I will be sure to sit down and read all of these posts to get myself familiar with all of you.  Wishing you a wonderful week....hope it is warm where you are....40 degrees here today....burrr!
msteri-thats great baby is gonna be here soo soon! Thats really good that your going to continue working right to the end! I am probobally going to take my maternity leave at about 36 weeks.

Erica-So glad to hear you were let off bed rest :) Have your baby showers been rescheduled?

need_answers- Its really cold here today as well. I guess I shouldn't complain, this is more like normal April weather; we have been getting pretty spoiled lately with such nice weather.
Amanda - Yay!!  Congrats to you!!  I went through the same scared feeling too...and still am, LOL!!  I think it's normal to be worried.  I did call my OB and had my beta's monitored from the day I got my BFP 4w1d up until last week and eventhough they were rising normally with a giant jump last Monday, I was still a nervous wreck until I got the call with the results each time!  I finally get to go on Wednesday to see my little bean for the first time at 6w6d!  I will pray for you and that your little bean is a sticky one!!  
Thanks everyone, I'm pretty sure what I'm feeling is the baby, If I touch the area I feel it in it disappears.  Other than that I'm SO excited 5 weeks and I'll have my 3D/4D ultrasound to find out the gender!!!!  I was SO amazed that the hospital/clinic only has 3D/4D for the 20 week ultrasound, I'm glad because I really wanted one and was a little worried to pay the hefty fee to get one elsewhere.

msteri - That's so exciting!  

EricaB28 - So glad your off bedrest!  I like the girls name you have picked out.  I decided that I wanted our first girl to have my middle name, and our first boy to have my husbands middle name.  I think it's neat your doing your mom's maiden name, it's neat to pass that down even if it is a middle name!  And I swore I was having a boy, even a few weeks after I found out.  Then at the 20 week ultrasound my dr said he couldn't be 100% sure but thought it was a girl.  A few weeks after that I went back to thinking it was a boy, and we had a boy!  Sometimes that "feeling" is right!

need_answers_from_someone - Ouch 40 degrees!  It got a little cold last night, but it's been in the 60's around where I am.  I'm glad you kept getting the BFP's sometimes it just doesn't seem real!
I got 4 BFP this weekend and the ones from yesterday were darker than the ones from Friday.  SHould I now go get a digital or should I just come to terms with the fact that I am indeed pregnant.  I am such a basket case!
Good morning ladies...least I hope so lol!!!!

mysteri - hope you get to hold your little one soon!!

EricaB28 - How does it feel to get up and move around? Hope you're enjoying being able to move again!!

Need Answers - yup, been scared outa my mind since I found out!! It hasn't went away yet and from what I hear it doesn't CONGRATS!!!!!

Well, thought the morning sickness was gone as I haven't had any since Friday, but yesterday I was gagging a few times, once with salad and then I smelled supper and wasn't okay for a while lol!! This morning I was gagging again and then dry-heaved alittle, so I guess that counts!! My boobs are still sore to the touch, so I am finding reasurance everyday in the symptoms I have!! Hope everyone is doing well and I will be praying for everyone...Can't wait for Thursdays ultrasound appt, pray it goes good for me!!!
So, the baby showers will happen after the baby is born..we're just going to play it by ear, as we aren't 100% positive of when the baby will come. Our time right now is occupied with finishing the nursery (as I can't lift things, DH has to do it all, sucker!!) and we also have a couple of birthday parties to plan. DD will be turning 4 May 4th, and DH's birthday is on the 12th. As I have my own cake business, I can't go out and buy a cake (which I would really like to do right now..) so, have to get baking..not yet though, thank God! Moving around is feeling good, but I am having more contractions. When I was resting all day, I was having a lot more braxton hicks contractions than anything else, but now they're painful down below and into my back.  :o(

Amanda-- LOL! You're PREGNANT!!!!! I wouldn't bother with the digi, unless you just want to see the word :o) Next step...Dr's office! Congrats! I hope you have a very uneventful 9 months ahead of you :o)
Welcome Amanda- I think we all do the same thing and test a million and two times before we really believe it's possible. I know I did even after my doctor confirmed it twice haha.

If we're all going on intuition on the babies sex, I don't trust mine. I just KNEW my son was a girl and well.... he wasn't. And this time I just KNOW it's a boy so we'll see when October gets here! Haha I don't trust myself, but who knows... my husband is one of 3 boys and no sisters so I don't know if I'm doomed to only have boys or if I'll someday get to buy pink!

I'm so happy to all these new BFP's. BTW if anyone is into midwifery and a more holistic approach to childbirth I have a GREAT book to read.... or if you just love to read about pregnancy and childbirth. It's called Ina May's Guide to Childbirth by Ina May Gaskin. It's officially my favorite book. It starts out with amazing stories of women giving birth naturally without pain meds. It's very spiritual.
need_answers_from_someone - yeah I wouldn't waste my money on it after taking 4 positive tests!  

trying_x_3 - I'll be 16 weeks on Wednesday and some things still set off my morning sickness.  At about 15 weeks I could finally brush my teeth with out getting sick!  YEAH!  lol.  I hope your ultrasound goes great on Thursday!

EricaB28 - I'm glad you'll have the showers after the baby, I hope you enjoy them even more with having to wait!  Sounds like you have a busy month, try not to over do it!

szw2008 - I will defiantly look into that book!  I'm seeing a midwife and working on trying to find ways for a more natural child birth.  I hate the idea of an epidural and with my first I had the IV meds, well they just made me loopy so I'm not really sure I want to do that again.  I kinda want to enjoy it a little more not forget parts of it.
Congratulations Anna (babyhope8) yay that is wonderful news. Happy and healthy pregnancy ahead.

Dana wow 15wks already , so exciting do you want to know what your having or keep it a surprise.

Thanks Steph... Do you know what your having? Any names picked.

Thanks Lori, i've missed you girls sooo much.
Wow, I have been out of the loop for a while. I have caught up with what is goin on from about half way down the page, lol. So much activity for one little group ;) Congrats on the new BFPs! I hope everyone else is doing well.

As for me, I had a HUGE scare yesterday and I thought that I was having a miscarriage for sure. I had alot of bleeding yesterday afternoon. It was similar to when I had my miscarriage. I lost my mind for a while, but for some reason I held out hope that everything was ok. I was waiting for the severe cramping to come, but only had mild cramping, which gave me some hope. Then, by early evening the bleeding seemed to let up and by that night I only had some brown spotting. I went to the doc today and the baby is doing great. We had an ultrasound and got to see and hear the heartbeat (148 bpm), and saw the baby moving around like crazy. The doc even switched it to 4D for a minute, which was AWESOME. It turns out that part of the placenta detached, which caused the bleeding. My doc wasn't concerned about it and just told me to take it easy for a couple of days. Thank the LORD!
Oh yeah, and the baby is measuring about 4 days ahead, just like last time. It was supposed to measure at 11 weeks 3 days, but measured at 12 weeks instead. Looks like the due date will be closer to Nov 1st, but of course the doc isn't changing it.
Amy- Ina May Gaskin is my hero. She literally brought midwifery back after doctors so rudely took over what nature intended women do. (Sorry I'm touchy on the subject). She is actually speaking at a midwifery conference Friday and I'm going to attend... I couldn't be more excited. I love her book and outlook on childbirth. Many women go for epidurals and all the monitoring because they are taught that this is just how it works. I actually found out that my induction at 8 weeks early was so that the doctors could shuffle me through. There was one doctor who said I needed to be discharged and let go because inducing at 32 weeks is pointless without cause.... no one listened to him. Then when I didn't progress they proceeded to break my water and when I still doing progress past 3 centimeters, they freaked out and did an emergency c-section. I requested my medical records from my son's birth and found out that they lied when they said it was due to fetal distress.... it was actually because of time constraints. I don't know how that is legal. Then after researching I found out that the repeated use of cytotec they used is VERY dangerous. Inducing labor in itself is dangerous. UGH. I could go on.

I suggest each pregnant woman look into her birthing options thoroughly. A good book for women to read is "The Think Woman's Guide to a Better Birth" by Henci Goer. That has a lot of information that is good to know when choosing the right birthing plan for yourself.
cocacolapanda - So sorry about the m/s lol!! So far I can brush my teeth just fine, it's usually afterward that it gets sticky, like one day I just looked in the sink after brushing my teeth and threw up!!! Other than that, bread in the morning or food or thinking of food makes me sick, but luckly by the time I get to work I'm usually okay!!!!

annalc - SO HAPPY your baby is okay!! I'll be praying that LO stays healthy!!!!!

M/s seems to have backed off now, have some nausea at times, boobs way less sore, but I hear that's fine!! Cramping on and off some and had the weirdest flutter/tingly/numb feeling in my tummy last night!! Probably baby growing or my uterus stretching!! It was interesting anyways!! Hope everyone continues to do well!!! And as always, I'll keep praying!!!!!
szw2008 - wow, 8 weeks early!?!  I would have said no way and found a new dr.  Did you sue or anything since they lied?  I'm a strong believer in Midwifes, but I'm also a strong believer in delivering at a hospital so I was really excited to find out that Certified Nursing Midwifes deliver at the hospital!  When I told her about my labor she basically said that she was sorry that they "tourtered" me.  With my first pregnancy I was given a binder with all kinds of information about what they do during pregnancy, what you can opt out of and why something is good or bad.  My dr gave me the information told me to read it and ask him questions, with what I read and asked I refuse to have an epidural.  There are a lot of "good" dr's out there, but I agree that many of them do things because of time (and other) constraints.
Hi Girls! Checking in on all my pregnant friends! Glad to see everyone is moving along nicely :)

annalc- glad to hear that all is well with your little one. Make sure you follow Dr.'s orders and take it easy

Sam- that's crazy!!! Was your son ok at birth?

Yes, I agree. Plus it is hard to get a new doctor in Canada. You can't just fire yours, or you end up without a doctor :/ My DH's doctor took me as a patient about a year and a half ago, after my old doctor ignored me for over a year when I had been really sick.
My new doctor was good, until I got pregnant. He ignored me when I kept trying to tell him there was something not right with my pregnancy, then when I m/c, he told me he knew all along. This time around, he is being really negative, telling me "Don't celebrate because something might go wrong" when everything is going good!

szw2008-Wow, I would have been really angry! I really want to have a natural birth if possible as well, so that when the baby comes, the drugs don't interfere with our bonding. I really believe the first few minutes are very important.

annalc-My little one measured 4 days ahead as well! Grats on getting past the 12 week milestone, and glad everything turned out ok after your little scare.

Amanda-I tested a second time after BFP because the first time was very light, then a third time on the day I got my blood work done, just so I could relax about it since I had to wait all weekend for the results.

Erica-glad you are having your baby showers after all, even if they are a bit belated.
Hi all!  Glad to see everyone is doing well, welcome to the ladies with new BFP!

Erica-  It's great that you will be able to enjoy your showers after your little one gets here.

Sam- HAve fun at your confrence on Friday.  I will have to look into that book.  I'm so happy to have a midwife.

Rossie- I love your new pic.  the bump is looking good!  I'm having a girl and her name is Ashlynn Reese.

As for me, I have my glucose test in the morning (how fun!).  I'm getting excited for the 3rd trimester.  
Good afternoon, all.

I know you all told me to save my money and not buy a digital test, but I just couldn't help myself.....I needed to see the PREGNANT...which I did of course. :)

It is so nice to read about all of your symptoms and the trials of pregnancy.  Makes me feel better about the journey I am about to enter.  My first miscarriage was at 17 weeks so it is hard not to think about that sometimes.  I have grieved and April was my best month ever.  So it is only fitting that I would become pregnant now.  My mother told me once I could find it in my heart to move on good things will happen.  She was so right.  DH and I decided not to tell her until Mother's Day....hope I can keep my mouth shut that long.

Is it normal to have cramping at this time (4 weeks)?  It seems to come and go during the day and if I drink more water it seems to get better as well.  Nothing piercing just a steady ache.  My BB are only sore on the sides...is that normal?

Doctors appt. on May 7th to confirm....shoot...I have 5 tests that have already done that....what's the point of the appt.?

I hope all of your little ones are growing.  Sorry so paranoid....I will hopefully calm down in about 36 weeks!
Need some answers: Cramping is normal as long as it's like menstrual cramps and not more severe than that.  I even had some back pain like I normal did before I got my period.  That's why I was almost convinced I wasn't pg.  Yes, drink lots of water..it helps!  
I was very frustrated with what happened with my son. He was only 4 pounds, but otherwise pretty good. Had to have a feeding tube and I couldn't breastfeed naturally. I actually had a lot of trouble with bonding with him over it. I couldn't take him home or do much with him for 3 weeks. I spent those 3 weeks alone in a Ronal McDonald house an hour from any of my family. It was really hard. I didn't sue or anything and I didn't know enough back then to try to stop what was happening.

I don't believe in hospital births. Not after what I've read anyways. Most women struggle with difficult labor pains and aren't allowed to get up, walk around, and move. Nor are they allowed to birth on their backs. An interested story to that.... women birthing on their backs started hundreds of years ago because a King wanted to watch his queen give birth  and couldn't see anything with her kneeling or standing so it began. After that it was considered low class to birth in any other position. I find it very sad how much of the hospital version of birthing is a man's idea... MEN CAN'T HAVE BABIES! So who gave them the power to decide?!

For the record... only about 1% of births require a c-section. The rest of women can handle birthing naturally without pain meds, but society has us all brainwashed into thinking it's AWFUL.... Not that it's not supposed to hurt, but we are women... we can handle a whole hell of a lot more than we are given credit for. BUT you have to believe you can because half the challenge is mental.

Sorry I'll stop preaching. I just think every women should be well educated on both medical and holistic birthing practices before it's too late to change her mind. (=
MissmyAngel - You are so right, the first few min are the most amazing.  When they put my son on my chest while cleaning him up, etc it was the happiest moment of my life, at  that moment I felt no pain just pure joy.  And I can't believe you cant get a different Dr in Canada!  That's horrible!  I'm on my third pregnancy and I've had 3 different types of dr's (Family dr, OB, now Midwife).  I kept changing because I didn't really like the ones I had and/or they delivered at the wrong hospital.  When I went with my last (the midwife) I actually went around and set up meet and greets to see if I even liked the dr!.

need_answers_from_someone - I'm glad you saw those words!  At 4 weeks it's totally normal to have cramping.  I had slight cramping on and off from about 4 weeks till about 10 and I haven't noticed much since week 10.  As long as there's no bleeding with it, you should be just fine!  I know the first apt always seems a bit pointless, they take your history, etc and do a lot of other tests that you can't do at home.

szw2008 - I breastfeed my son who was born 2 weeks late and I never really bonded with him.  I felt more of a bond when they put him on my chest to clean him up, other than that it kinda went away when I breastfeed.  I even had to resort to pumping exclusively for a while as he refused to nurse when I went back to work.  And it is hard when you aren't fully informed, but I"m glad you know more this time around.  As for the hospital births, it totally depends on the dr and hospital.  The place I had my son at I walked around (with an IV in), could go in a hot tub, etc.  They had amazing birthing rooms and we basically could do what we wanted for the most part.  During the birthing class at the hospital they informed us of other ways to sit/lay/etc for pushing and giving birth.  I planed on squatting and my dr was just fine with it (I didn't because when they broke my watter all h3LL broke loose).  At the hospital I'm going to this time has the same exact things, and my midwife will be there with me the entire time I'm at the hospital and help me keep my mind off the pain by taking me out for walks, etc.  And she will also take the time to explain everything (unless it's life threating).  She's also working with me to try and help me have a natural labor with no pain meds this time.  Some hospitals are starting to re-think the whole birthing thing and allow women to do things differently/how they want.  I'm not saying you should start agreeing with hospital births, but a change is happening and I've seen it first hand.  I know first hand that there are many more than two hospitals in my area that are like the one I delivered at and the one I will deliver at.

I'm SO excited, Thursday I've got a Just Between Friends type of sale thing at the local fair grounds that I'm going to get some nice maternity clothing (like 60 or 70% off) and a few baby/toddler things :).  I've been having a hard time finding maternity clothing that isn't like $40 for a pair of pants or $25-$30 for a shirt!  All the places I got cheep stuff at last time have stopped selling it :(  And I can't wear all the same stuff because most of it isn't dressy enough for my job :(
Good morning, hope everyone is doing good today!!

My doc. called and informed me I will be having an ultrasound and I am actually going to be going in earlier!! I am taking all day tomorrow off!! My boobs haven't been sore since last night and I noticed they are still as big, but they feel different, like when they were sore they felt hard and now they feel softer, is this common? I threw up 4 times this morning so I haven't lost all my symptoms or anything, just concerned about my boobies feeling different!! I am so happy, today I have officially missed my second period (I had a 27 day cycle)!! Pray for me and baby E!! I'll keep praying for you guys!!
trying-Its totally normal to lose some of the boob soreness! Mine don't really hurt at all unless I squeeze them (or DH does to be funny ;p) I actually considered it a good sign, because during my last p/g my boobs got extremely sore towards the end, and started leaking colostrum real bad! I wonder if maybe it was my body's way of getting ready to "birth". (My baby had stopped growing about 3 1/2 weeks before the m/c started)

cocacolapanda-Yes, I know it *****, thats the disadvantage of having free healthcare. Luckily I was seeing a fertility specialist beforehand to diagnose the reason I was so sick all the time, and to why I wasn't getting pregnant. I am going to be starting prenatal care with her at 16 weeks, instead of at 28-32 weeks. She is really great. So I only have to go to my regular doc for one more prenatal appointment :)

szw2008-I seriously can't believe they would do that to you and your son! That is so crazy that they could even think it was practical to birth him that early, knowing the medical risks. They should be trying to STOP labor if it happens that early. I have looked a lot into natural births, particularly water births, but there arent any facilitys around here that will do that. I could rent a pool, but there isnt the room for one, plus I live too far from the hospital if by chance something was to go wrong and I required medical attention. I am happy with my OB though, as she is a fertility specialist. A friend of mine recently gave birth. She had a c-section with her first child. She went to my OB for the birth, and she made sure she had a natural birth, when all the other OB's insisted on another c-section.

need_answers-I still have cramping from time to time, and I'm past the 12 week mark. Water does help. Its nothing to worry about as long as its not accompanied with bleeding or severe. A few times I did have some severe cramping, but it was from constipation or gas, so if the severe cramping is relieved by the passing of gas or bowel movement, then its ok too.
trying_x_3 - Your boobs will change several times through out the pregnancy.  They'll get bigger, fuller, bigger, fuller.  It also varys with each person and pregnancy.  with my first it went a lot like you explained but this time they were sore, and just the past week or two started to get full.  My boobs get sore on and off, but ever since about 10 weeks the nipples have been SUPER SENSITIVE.
Some areas have better VBAC and midwifery rates... around here... we got nothing. You have to hire a midwife and insurance won't cover it. The midwives we do have can't do VBAC's and most of them still use all the medical drugs and induction.. which is the part I don't agree with. Around here you are glued to your back with monitors on everything. It's sucky, but we do have midwife's around... Mine unfortunately is about an hour and a half away, but DH and I are preparing well should she not make it in time. She also helps us be prepared and brings the birthing tub out weeks before hand. I'm excited to have things go naturally. I trust my body and God's plan. This time I will see my son and hold him immediately. I didn't get to see him after I had him. Then the next day once I was feeling less drugged I was allowed to look at him but not touch him. Three days after he was born I was allowed to hold him, but not too long because they didn't want him to get too cold. It was tragic and I won't let that happen again. Now I just pray that I don't go into labor too early haha.... I'd rather be 3 weeks overdue then 8 weeks early!
Glad to hear everyone is doing well!  I've made it to 24 weeks- what a good feeling.  We finally decided to start buying some stuff for the baby, but I can't help to be slightly paranoid yet.  My thyroid is low,so I started taking thyroid now.  Still doing progesterone shots 2x weekly- my husband gets to learn so I don't have to run to the office as much.  Feeling the baby move more- such a good feeling.  As of now, will have planned c-section either July 30 or Aug 5.  It seems so far away, but I know it will come fast.  

Bridgette and Lori- all my prayers are with you for your BFP's to come soon!
szw2008 - It just amazes me to hear stories like that.  I wish you had all the things available to you that I do, and I hope that you have a safe labor!

peterjl - I'm glad things are going so good!  Feeling the baby move really is such an amazing feeling!
Hi Ladies!  I have good news today,  I passed my glucose test!  I was really nervous about it for some reason.  I think because I really didn't want to have to drink that yucky stuff again for the 3 hour test.  I think I will make brownies tonight to celebrate :)

Sam- I hope that you are able to go through with your home birth.  I will be delivering in a hospital with a midwive, but it sounds very different from the hospital where you were at.  My birthing suite will have a large birthing tub, and lots my midwife is very open to alternative birthing methods.  I'm planning on using the tub, and not giving birth laying down on the bed hooked up to all kinds of meds.  Let us know how the confrence goes on friday!
Hey everyone!!  I had my 1st u/s yesterday and everything went perfectly!!  The sac measured correctly and so did my little flickering blob, LOL!!  I do have a question for all of you ladies that are on progesterone supplements.  My doctor wants to take me off at 12-13 weeks and I'm currently taking 200mg of prometrium  a night...I guess my main concern is, what if my plecenta doesn't make enough progesterone?  Should I see if they will keep me on it longer or trust my doctor, who is really good, and do what he says?  I'm only 7weeks today, so I have a little time; however, I'm so scared that something will go wrong when I'm not taking it.  Please let me know what your thoughts are on this.  My most recent progesterone number was right about 35 (while taking the supplemants).  
I have a rather embarrassing question for those of you in the second trimester plus...
Did any of you experience diarrhea around the 12 week mark? I'm soo sorry I know this is TMI but I'm kind of concerned about it, its been happening all week since hitting the 12 week mark, and I can't get in to see my doc until next week. Plus, the way he has been acting, I will be suprised if he even answers my question or uses the doppler.
MissmyAngel: I don't have full on diarrhea, but my extremely hard #2's are not significantly softer... wow that sounds really nasty! haha but just saying.

SONO TODAY! TEAM BLUE!.... I was sitting there thinking... I'm gonna turn around before she looks at the PARTS... and decide later if I want to look at the pictures.... well as soon as she put the thing on there we got a full on shot. There was no mistaking it being a boy. He apparently wanted me to know!
1angelbabyM:  I have been on progesterone shots since I was 5 weeks pregnant.  I lost my last baby at 16 weeks after a sig. drop, so they have been extra cautious with me.  I am now 25 weeks- still doing the shots.  Every time they try to wean me or switch me to capsules, my level falls.  I was having progesterone checks every 2 wks and now have switched to monthly.  I will keep doing the shots until 36 wks.  My level was 18-26  at 7 wks on supplements.  If your concerned, talk with your doc.  
Hi ladies! Just checking in to see how everyone is doing.

Sam- CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!

Mary- thank you so much for you your prayers and continued support. ((HUGS))
Congrats on the little boy Sam!!!
Thanks ladies! I couldn't make it all the way to October... except now my problem is the name. Henry doesn't fit this little guy. As soon as I saw him I knew that wasn't his name... now I have to figure out what his name is!
Isn't it funny how a name doesn't fit some babies.  Our little girl was a kendall till we saw her, and now she's Ashlynn.  
Steph_b - Awesome!  I'm defiantly NOT looking foreword to it this time, with my first it made me so sick too!

1angelbabyM - Awesome news about the ultrasound!  

MissmyAngel - Some women are constipated, and others get diarrhea.  It could be that some food (or foods) your eating are helping you be more "loose".  With my son I would have spells of it here and there but not as much this time, I'm so constipated I'm taking stuff for it (UGH).  

Sam - Congrats on the boy!!!  I'm sorry you didn't get the surprise you wanted but you can go out and buy boy stuff now if you want!

I'm getting more and more excited for my sono, about 4 1/2 weeks, I hope the time speeds up a bit, I can't wait to find out!  I'm still thinking it's a boy, but not as strongly as I felt with my first so we'll see.
Good morning all your pregnant beauties!

Sam- You still got your surprise...you just got it a little early!!!  Congrats!

Quick question...I know I am only a little over 4 weeks but I am starting to get concerned that I don't have many symptoms.  I had cramping from last Friday (when I took my first test) until Wednesday (when my period was due).  Yesterday and today I have not had much cramping, just in the evening I get a little achy.  I dont have back pain anymore, headaches only in the afternoon (I attribute that to the 22 little 3rd graders that keep me on my toes), and my breast arent tender.  Is it just too early to feel these things...or is this a bad sign.  My temp is still up and I pee every 3 hours which is difficult as a teacher.  Are there some of you out there that didnt really have many symptoms?  Is it just too early?  Am I just completely insane?
Hello ladies how is everyone this morning?
SAM - congrats!!

Well, Ultrasound went GREAT yesterday!! Bbay E's hb is 166bpm!! Doc. said that was good!! Also we are measuring spot on to LMP!! I am 8 weeks today! I went ahead and announced it at work because my boss put in his resignition and he'll be leaving right before I announce it. A friend of mine is like the only HR person here and she said I might want to go ahead and get it astablished in the hospital before they throw someone new in here. So I announced it to the office and everyone was asking why didn't I tell them sooner....they know about the miscarriages and I feel like if something happens now and I have to take a few days off then they'll know what's going on. Do you guys think that was stupid to tell?
need_answers_from_someone - I think it is just too early, many women don't feel pregnant till 6 weeks or later.  Try to relax (I know it's hard) and enjoy not feeling pregnant yet!

trying_x_3 - Not at all!  If you'r comfortable with everyone knowing then it's all good.  Personally I waited till I was showing to tell work because I just wasn't ready (And there were other things going on that made it so I SHOULDN'T tell before then).  I waited till my 9 week apt to tell family (as that's when we saw the heartbeat).  If I felt comfortable telling work I would probably have told them then as well.  I do have to say after actually hearing the heartbeat (at 13 weeks) It has made me feel a million times better (because when I miscarried at 11 weeks we couldn't hear the heartbeat, then a few days later brown on the panty's).  Making it past the point I didn't get to has made me more comfortable with letting everyone in the world know!  lol.
Trying_x_3- I told my  boss and my 2 co-workers that I share an office with right away.  I felt like I needed a support group should something go wrong.  When I had my m/c I had JUST started working there and they didn't know I was pregnant and I had to take a few days off, so I had to tell them what was going on.  they proved to be great support.  (one woman has suffered a few losses, and it was nice to have someone to talk to.  She even came to a dr. apt that I was going to have to go to alone.)  I think as long as your comfotable than you did the right thing by telling!

Needs Answers-  I didn't have ANY symptoms till nearly 9 weeks, and then I was hugging the toilet a few times a day.  I don't think you have anything to worry about- your time will come...
Cocacolapanda and Steph_b - Thanks, I am comfortable with everyone knowing!! I look at it this way, I actually WORK in a hospital, so if I need medical attention I can just walk upstairs to the ER and see what's going on (which is not something I could do before I told everyone as I work in the business office and since we all handle insurance stuff, someone would know)!! Again, thank you guys so much for reasuring me!! I'll keep on praying for all of you!!
trying-I told my work right awa y at 6 weeks for the same reasons. I had just started working there when I started bleeding and had to tell them because I had to go in for an emergency u/s, then had to have a few days off after the d&c. So this time I told them right away at 6 weeks when my results from the blood test came back, so that in an emergency, they would already know. They have been pretty supportive in helping me out and making sure I don't lift heavy things, but I'm going to be screwed when its time to take maternity leave, as they hired someone else right after I told them, and I'm hardly getting any hours :/ I'm sure that would have happened anyways no matter when I told them ;p

need_answers-I didn't get morning sickness until I was 6 weeks along, then only had it for a week. I didn't even have to urinate more frequently. Weird, because its supposed to get better in the second trimester because the uterus pops out from behind the pubic bone. Though when I had my u/s my uterus was actually beside my bladder and the tech said it was big, so I guess thats why. Honestly I still don't feel pregnant, and most likely wont until I start getting kicked regularly lol. I'm sure thats a good thing,  I don't think about it as much so less getting stressed out!

trying-Woot! Glad everything looked good at the u/s!

Sam-Grats on the early suprise!

Amy-I was wondering if it is the change in my diet too. I was reading that yogurt and bananas should help, so going to try that. I was eating both those every day, but haven't in a couple of weeks.
Steph - That's amazing you have such a great support group at work.  I'm in IT, so everyone in my area of the building are guys.

trying_x_3 - That's great you work in a hospital!  Isn't it nice to finally tell more people?  I felt a huge brick off my solders when I finally told people.

Theresa - for bananas make sure there not green, green banana's actually make you loose, more ripe banana's help make you constipated.  I learned that with my son who would eat just banana's if we gave him the option.
Amy-Thanks for the tip! I actually like to eat banana's when they are partially green, so I most likely would have been wondering why they weren't helping! LOL!
Missmyangel - sorry about your job - one of the main reasons I told is because I've been there for 3 months now and my boss announced he was quitting and his last day is going to be May 19th!! I felt like I should really have my pregnancy established b4 someone new came in because my next appt is May 19th - thats close to my 12 week mark and I just didn't want to wait and then spring it on my new boss right after he/she starts there.

Cocacolapanda - Yes it's very nice, plus everyone is so supportive and were telling me that I could go up to the ultrasound tech and have her do an ultrasound for me if I wanted!! I felt the same way, the girls in my office are close, if one of us takes off the rest of us usually know why and I hated having to lie and say I was going to the dentist...especially when they would ask how I liked my new dentist or how my eye exam went!! They thought it was funny after they knew what was going on though!!

Ate some strawberries last night, an hour later I felt not so good and they just came back up so quick - 5 minutes later I was fine - I asked my doc. if this was morning sickness as it just usually lasts 5-10 minutes, she said it was but I don't feel like it is.
Hello Ladies I have a lot of catching up to do.

Gina & trying- glad your u/s were great =)

Sam- Congrats on your little boy!!!

Well the nightmare I had yesterday became reality when I woke up I not blood on my pj's it was dried so I new it happen while I was sleeping...we went to the ER since I had some pink when I wiped.....after several hrs many test and u/s they told us everything was fine baby right on target 9w3d perfect hb we were so happy thank God spotting stop completely they took me off work and I am waiting for my OB to call me for a follow up appt this week I mean I needed to see him this week anyways to schedule my cerclage....I am just glad my little jelly bean is doing great they really didn't know why it happen but my baby was fine.

babyhope8 - so glad everything is okay with your jelly bean!! I will be praying for you!!
Hi, ladies

Hope all is well with everyone. I had my 38 week appt today and I'm 2 cm dilated and the doc doesn't think I'll make it to my due date (May 8). He wants to see me again on Thursday to do another check.  I  had my shower yesterday and it was beautiful.  I will post pics as soon as I get a chance. Take care.
hi Ladies!

Babyhopes-I'm glad your little one is measuring right on target!  Make sure you take it easy.

Teri-How exciting, you will be meeting your little girl so soon!!!  Glad to hear your shower went well.  (I can't wait until mine )
babyhope8 - I'm so sorry about the scar, but that is such great news!  Take it easy.

Teri - I'm so excited for you!  I'm glad your shower went well, with my son once I had my showers I was ready for our new little baby!

I've got Yoga tonight, then tomorrow's my next dr's apt!  Less than 4 weeks till my gender ultrasound too!  I just need to Make may go fast!
Babybope - I'm so glad your little bean is okay, I would have freaked!!  I'm praying everything stays good for you follow up appt.

msteri - That is great news!!  Hopefully she will be here soon!!  

Just 10 more days and I get to see my little bean again!!  Praying everything is still wonderful!

Good luck and prayers to all of you mommies to be!!
trying- Thanks, I don't think he did that to be mean, I think he thought he was doing me a favor by hiring someone else to take some of the load off me. I wish he had asked me first. I'm having a tough time trying to juggle bills atm.
It sounds like morning sickness to me. Some peole are just lucky that way. I had all day sickness for about a week, then it settled down to "just while I'm eating" sickness, then nothing at all.

Babyhope-I'm so glad to hear everything turned out ok :)

Angelbaby-Good luck at your appt :)

Msteri- Any day now you'll be announcing that she has come! How exciting :)

So, I got to hear the HB for the very first time yesterday, and my integrated prenatal screening test came back normal! They changed my due date to the 26th of October as well.
Missmyangel - isn't hearing the hb amazing? Glad your test came back normal...btw m/s seems to have switched to throwing up in the mornings, nausea all day, and then throwing up at night, not so lucky now lol!!!
trying- No, thats not very lucky at all! I didn't throw up once. I guess I'm just lucky then lol. Though I did have a bit of a freak out when I was at your stage, because morning sickness left so early. Guess the trade off is knowing everything is going good with your  bubs :)
Missmyangel - You are lucky lol!! Yeah, the one day I didn't have it at all (suday) I freaked out and was actually wanting it to come back...it's crazy but reasuring lol!! Glad you didn't throw up though...you lucky lucky witch lol!!!

So far supper has stayed down lol!! Don't know if it will last though!!
MissmyAngel - Congrats on hearing the heartbeat!!  That is such an amazing thing isn't it?

trying_x_3 - Hang in there, look for things that help decrease it.  For some it's nibbling all day (that made it worse for me), other's specific foods calm the stomach/morning sickness.  I've always thrown up more in the morning and a few times in the evening (I'm better now that I know what to avoid and what to eat).  I hope you don't have to deal with it for too long!  It stinks!  (I've still got mine at 17 weeks, but it's gotten a little more mild most days).  Hubby always checks with me before making supper and he know's what to avoid (although that does seem to change daily/weekly, lol).

I'm SO excited for my dr's apt, but a little worried.  I'm just scared we won't hear the heartbeat again, but I know we will.  I've had the most vivid dreams about this apt, where we hear two heartbeats even though I know I'm not having twins.
Cocacolapanda - Yup, I threw up last night - a total of 8 times yesterday. I started with nausea and dryheaving around about week 6-7 now here I am almost 9 weeks and throwing up everyday!! Lucky me though, I only threw up once a little bit this morning!! Hope it doesn't last too long either lol!! When is your doc. appt? I will def. pray all is well with your LO!!
It's in about 5 hours, I set it up so it's at least towards the end of my work day so I take off the least amount of time possible (And it's on the way home too!).  Since we heard the heartbeat at the last apt, I'm not THAT worried, but it's still a bit worrisome.  I'm lucky, I only throw up about 1-2 times a week tops.  
cocacoalpanda - hope time flies by for you... your appt is going to go great!! Yeah, lucky you lol!!
My apt went well!  The heartbeat was 163 this time, I wasn't feeling much movements so I'm thinking my little one was just resting or something (the other two times we got the heartbeat it was 180).  Not too much else happened, I rejected all tests other than what they look for on the ultrasound (I don't do so well with them taking blood out of me, and don't really wanna be poked with a needle).  Next apt we'll be able to go over the ultrasound results, I'm getting SO excited for my ultrasound!!  Only 3 weeks and 4 days!
Hi Ladies-
I hope everyone is doing well

Cocaco- Glad your apt. went well!

I need a little help-  Does anyone have any advice for heartburn?  The last few nights I can't even lay all the way flat because it feels like my throat is on fire.  I'm been eating tums but they don't seem to help when the heartburn is bad.
Good Morning ladies I am glad to see everyone is doing well....thank you all for the comments and prayers everything is going well now thank God.

Cocacolapanda- glad everything went well and you were able to hear an awesome hb

Steph_b - I have been drinking milk just plain milk that seems to help me with heartburn....my manager who is also pregnant tried milk for heartburn and it also help her.... whenever you are having heartburn if you want to try drinking a small glass of milk and see if it helps you...hope it does =)
babyhopes-  Thanks for the tip. I will try that next time :)
Steph_b - I take some tums about 30 min before I go to bed and that's helped me a lot.    With my first pregnancy the milk (as babyhopes mentioned) worked great, but this time milk makes me sick :(
Hi ladies!

Chloe was born today, 4/30/10 at 4:30 am, weighing 6 lbs 5 oz. Will post birth story info later.

Take care, ladies!
Congrats Teri!!  I can't wait to hear the details and see pictures!
Oh congrats on the birth! I can't wait to see some pictures!
Morning Girls!
First off, Congratulations Teri!!!! I can't wait to meet Chloe! Hope everything went smoothly! ((HUGS))
Second, as some of you know, I finally got my BFP! I'm being very cautious this time. I go for b/w on Monday so i'm not adding a ticker or my name to the list just yet. I'm praying that this time I get my little miracle baby. If you would all please add my name to your prayer list I would really appreciate it. Thanks to all of you.      xoxo   Lori
Lori - That is awesome.  I am shifting all my prayers to you today.  I play this is your sticky bean....the BFP is the first step....Congrats!   Sticky Bean...Sticky Bean    XXOO Amanda
Thank you so much Amanda! xoxo
Congrats to Teri and Lori!! YAY!!!!!!  I'm praying that it's a sticky bean Lori :o) Teri, I can't wait to see pics of your baby girl!!

So, I guess that puts me at the top of the list now! I'm feeling the pressure :oP I'm offically full term today, 37 weeks!! YAY!!! The doc said yesterday that I'll probably go another 2 weeks, but seriously, who knows. I'm 2cm dilated and 50% effaced. Baby's head is down and low but not engaged as of yesterday. Had a trip to EL&D on Wednesday..totally thought it was time, just to have the contractions die down by yesterday morning. Still having some, but nothing at all consistent. Hope you're all doing well!!
Lori its all yours and Kristen's fault...I can't stay away knowing you both got BFP's. I have been logging to to make sure all is well for both of you every day. I worry =) My husband says I would bubble wrap everyone if I could.

Well I did the March of Dimes, Walk for Babies today. It felt good to donate and know that I could be helping someone have what I know we all want so very dearly. They had signs that said "We are walking for ________" My friend Gretchen said "I was going to get one that said Tausha's Angels but I didn't want to make you cry." Just her telling me that almost brought me to tears but I turned from her to her little man in the stroller and started playing with him. Life has been better the last couple of weeks....we celebrated Dh's B-day april 23rd in VA I surprised him with a comedy show. Life has been busy busy which is good for me. The more my mind is occupied the better. I am praying you all are doing great and there are many more BFP's soon. SSBD
That was supposed to say tickets to a comedy show...lol I am not funny enough to give him one myself. =)
Tausha, it's sooooo nice to see you around, I sure do miss your sense of humor =)
So anyone mind if I come on over and join you guys?  :)
WOOOHOOOO Bridgette!!!!!!!! We FINALLY did it!!!!! xoxox
Bridgette.... Your name has needed to be on this list for a long time coming!!  Welcome to the "Other Side"!!!!   I am so at a loss for words...I will follow Lori's lead... WOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!!!!
Bridgette - I read your post of the BFP and am truly overjoyed for you and your DH.  I have only been a member since January but I hope you know the kind of inspiration I get from this site and to see that yours as well as many other's prayers have been answered.  I told DH about your story recently and he too is extremely happy for you as well.  You and Lori seem like the mother hens on this forum to me.  I am so excited that the two of you were able to end your wait together.  Now you can enjoy pregnancy together.  God works in mysterious ways and I truly believe many prayers are now answered.  I already promised Lori that all of my prayers will go to her today but you are so getting all of tomorrows. Congrats again...I might just be more excited for you today than I was a couple of weeks ago for myself.  Here's to a happy healthy 9 months!!! -AManda
Well today is certainly a day for celebration!  Not 1 but both of our fearless leaders have made it to the wonderful 'Other side'.  You both have been so supportive and encouraging for all of us ladies, and I couldn't be happier for both of you.  I will keep you both and your little beans in my prayers today!!!
Lori and Bridgette-It is so fitting that you both get your BFP's at the same time! Congrats to both of you, sending both your lil beans all my prayers!

Msteri-Congrats on your great news! Can't wait to see pics.
Wow, congrats Lori and Brigette! How awesome that you guys have both been working on this journey for so long, and now you get to travel it together. Good luck and my prayers are with you both.
Congrats to Teri and Lori and Bridgette I will be keeping you all in my prayers!! Sticky Sticky beans!!
Okay ladies, I have my first official question . . .  I have been taking the multi-vitamin Geritol, but the nurse at my RE's said I should switch to a prenatal.  Any suggestions.  I have some generic brand at home, but they make me sick to my stomach when I've tried taking them in the past.
Bridgette-- Materna by Centrum is what I've always taken. No tummy upset here...at least not from vitamins!
Bridgette- First Congrats on you BFP and awesome #s....I switch from taking my prenatal from morning to night and I guess I sleep through the symptoms so I don't really feel anything I did not try switching brands but taking them b4 bedtime helped me.
Of course Bridgette and Lori deserve a BIG CONGRATS!!!  I am so happy for both of you!!!

Bridgette: I also take my vitamin at night.  I've never had a problem with it.  I was taking a prescription one that had more B6 in them which I think helped....

I feel like I took a big growth spurt today!!  Yikes!  Hope all is well with you all!!

OMG!!! Congrats, Bridgette and Lori!  This is the greatest news ever.

I finally have a moment to share my birth story. My doctor decided to induce me Thursday night. I've had gestational diabetes with this pregnancy and baby shot from 4lb 13oz to 7lb 3 oz in 4 weeks and he was concerned that she might grow too large. I also gained 4lbs since my last visit which was just 3 days earlier. He said my cervix was ready since I had dilated to 3 cm and was 90% effaced. I went to the hospital around 730 pm and my water was broken at 830. He started me on Pitocin and about 20 mins later the contractions started. I attempted to get an epidural but was told by the anesthesist that I had a slight curvature of the spine. The epidural was put in but it did not work. I felt everything. The nurse gave me another pain relief alternative through my IV but that only made me drowsy and did not touch the pain at all. The pain was incredible and I was told that it may not have been as bad if the contractions had been natural and not induced. Hubby took photos of me that I just recently looked at and I don't even remember them. I guess I was in another place up until it was time to push. Finally I felt contractions coming very quickly and I told the nurse that I felt like pushing. She checked my cervix and it was fully dilated and I was ok to push. Unfortunately, the doctor had to be called so I had to wait. It seemed like forever and I really couldn't hold it anymore so I push a little bit at the end of each contraction until he finally showed up. I think it's because of this that she only took two contractions with the doctor present to come out. I felt instant relief when she came out. I did tear a little and needed stitches but I would do it so many more times to have my baby girl here with me.  I will post pics as soon as I can...she's waking up now. Ttyl.
msteri-Aw that would have been so hard to wait for the doc to come back. I heard that getting induced makes the pain more intense. I can't wait for that beautiful moment when I get to meet my baby. I bet its the most wonderful moment ever. Glad everything went well :)

Bridgette-I take materna. Yes, taking them at night does help.
Teri..Congrats!! I'm so happy for you! No fun about the epidural. Mine didn't have time to take too much when I had DD, they had to shut it off right after they put it in I progressed so quickly. It's quite the experience isn't it? I was in a zone too, especially when I was pushing. DH just stood there like a deer caught in headlights, lol! He wasn't even near me.. Not sure if I'm going to even bother attempting an epidural this time around. Can't wait to see some pics of beautiful Chloe!!

19 days left ladies!!! I don't think I'm going to last that long..but then again, who really knows :oP As long as it's not today (DD's birthday), then it's all good. :o)
Msteri - Again congrats to you!!!

EricaB28 - Hope times flies for you and you'll get to hold that LO soon!!
yay.. congrats again to Bam and Lori for their BFP and to any other BFP since I was last on here.

I only read over this LONG thread really quickly but Bam like the others have said I take mine at night, well with dinner. I also have a RX that had the DHA in it so I don't have to bother taking the fish oil as well.

well I guess I need to do a quick update. im nearly 16 weeks already.. yay!!!! most of my MS has gone... yay!!!!! I still get a little in the afternoon around when i have to cook dinner.

I still get a lot of pains. it feels like the same old pain I would always get since the MC. on my right side in the same spot. the Dr thinks its probably round ligament pain but I think its weird its on the same side in the same spot.

i changed my Dr and met my new one yesterday. she was A LOT nicer than my other Dr and I got a much better first impression! I got to hear baby's heartbeat for the first time... it was so wonderful finally hearing it!!!!  

she decide to send me to a Perinatologist to have the level two ultrasound done, and to have genetic counseling. I seriously don't think there will be anything wrong with the little one! she is sending me there because I have a cousin that has a cleft palette/harelip and his brother died of muscular dystrophy... from my mothers sister. im not kinda not sure what she is worried about as no other Dr has shown worry with it. anyways, im just really excited that Monday ill finally get to see an ultrasound and find out the sex of the baby. when i went to the specialist when i was pregnant with the twins he had a better ultrasound machine and it was so much clearer. It would be way col if this Dr did a 3-D ultrasound... but im not getting my hopes up. lol

Bridgette-  I have had a lot of trouble with my vitamins making me sick.  Target makes a prenatal gummy vitaimn that is easy for me to tolerate.  If I have to take the pill form I have to eat someting, take the pills, and then eat some more.
Bridgette - I like many others also take my vit. at night.  Mine used to make me so sick in the morning I would literally throw up.  Nights work better.  Doc. told me to be sure to take a whole glass of water with it so it dilutes it faster.  Doesnt really help with the 5 trips to the potty during the night.  Love that pregnant bladder!

Question for everyone-
I have not had an aversion to food or craved anything.  I know its only been 6 weeks but something different is happening.  I dont want any food.  I eat because I know I have to but I dont really enjoy any of it....it all tastes bland to me....even some of my favorite dishes.  Is this normal?  During my first pregnancy, I couldnt get enough sweets.  I loved anything with sugar.  Now I dont want anything at all.  Anyone else experience this? DH is amazed at how different I am this pregnancy rather than the last.  I lost 4 lb this month and last time I was pregnant I was up 5 LB by week 6.
need_answers-I have problems eating quite a lot of things, its so hard finding things I like, and if I like it one day, I wont like it the next lol.
Bridgette- You should definately be taking prenatals. We have different demands for vitamins when we are pregnant, and if you aren't taking them then you may not be getting enough of what you need. Did you get a prescription for one? Rx vitamins are supposed to contain a more accurate amount of each vitamin for what your pregnant body and little bean needs. And you should definately take them at night to avoid nausea. I take Citra Natal (previously Citracal), which is what I have taken with all of my pregnancies and it works well for me. This vitamin also comes with DHA supplements.  Congrats again!

need_answers- I have found that my taste and appetite has changed. Most times nothing sounds good (but I do have cravings sometimes) and I have also found that some things that my husband really likes I think are bland. Every pregnancy is different and I think that just about anything is "normal" when our bodies are being taken over ;p
Teri and Lori and Bridgette  - Congrats!  I'm so happy for you!  Lori and Bridgette, I do agree that it is so fitting that you too make it on the list at the same time!

Bridgette - When do you take them?  I have issues with all prenatal ones but I find if I take them at supper I can stomach them.

I'll finish catching up later, I just got back from a nice relaxing vacation where we celibrated our son's 2nd birthday.  It's amazing how fast time has been flying by.  Less than 3 weeks and I'll have the gender ultrasound, it's starting to feel like it won't be forever!
I'm sending my prayers out to lori and her family!!  I'm so sorry!
I agree with needing to take the prenatal viatimans.  I tried to switch to a DHA one, but they have no generic DHA vitimans and the prescription costs $60!  So, instead I've been instructed to take Fish Oil with DHA as that should help with other things too.

need_answers_from_someone - that's totally normal!  EVery pregnancy is different, and you'll either crave different things or not crave as much.  This time around I'm not craving as much, and I can't eat sweets.  As long as I'm eating healthy I'm doing ok (not too much for grease).  Foods defiantly taste different!  I find spicy foods some days are super spicy, and others I can't tell that there's even any heat to it.

nunu1977 - I'm glad you found a new dr you like.  At least with the testing you'll know your baby's healthy!  I hope you get your 3D ultrasound too!  I'll be having my gender/in-depth ultrasound done when I'm almost 21 weeks (in 2 weeks and 5 days!).  There are two locations that have ultrasounds, the hospital has all 3D/4D machines, but another clinic has half those and half old ones so my midwife just made sure I set it up at the hospital since I was SO excited about it.  With my first pregnancy we had this old machine that my dr used (just to see the gender, he didn't pull it out for anything else) and I really wanted to make sure we got a nice clear pic as this will be our last.
Hey ladies.  Quick question, I have the worst allergies....totally miserable this weekend, can't breath out of my nose and my sinuses are killing me.  I usually take Tylenol Sever Allergy to sooth my symptoms.  Can I take something for this?  I will suck it up and deal with it if I have to.  Having a healthy baby is definitely more important than my comfort at this point.
I have this pregnancy pocket guide, that says :
-benadryl (diphenhydramine)
-claritin(loratadine)
-reactine (cetrizine)

and says if symptoms persist, talk to your healthcare provider. Hope that helps :)
anyone have any advice on how I can lower my blood pressure? It was 150/80 at my last appointment but my doc didn't say anything..In the last week, I can hear my HB pounding when I lie down.
need_answers_from_someone - I'd strongly suggest starting with a saline nasal spray.  You can make it or buy it.  When it's the worst for me I'll mix up some salt and watter  (ehow has directions).  And because nose sprays give me issues I just put my head upside down and put a few drops in.  I recently read an article about people who use the nasal spray are less likely to need allergy meds.  I think there's also a netti pot (not sure how to spell it).  But both are 100% natural and safe for pregnancy.

MissmyAngel - Not sure about the blood pressure thing, I've always had low blood pressure.  I think you can eat different things to help a little?

Happy belated Mothers day to all those Mothers and Mothers to be!  I hope everyone had a great weekend!
About the nettipot..I had a sinus infection for about 9 months that wouldn't go away and I tried that saline solution. It came with a water bottle instead of the pot. I guess I squeezed too hard and there was something stuck in my sinuses, and I ended up with a really swollen face for about a week. It worked really well at cleaning things out, but just be careful, never force it. It turned out my sinus infection was due to having two cats and working as a housekeeper lol. (I'm allergic to dust and cats)

Oh well, I'm going to be seeing an OB for the rest of this pregnancy. My first appointment is in a week. She was my fertility specialist. She is very thorough, so I'm sure I'll get some answers about the high blood pressure. I think you are right that I will probobally need a special diet but DH banned me from googling stuff because all it does is scare me and everyone gives a different answer anyways lol.
annalc - oh I'm definitely all about taking the pre-natals.  i can  be a bit of a vitamin nut =)  I'm just wondering what all brands you girls are taking.  I've been taking mine after dinner and have had no problem with them that way.  My RE's nurse called last week to find out what meds I was taking and she mentioned prenatals.  I asked if I could get an Rx, but she said an OTC was just as well.  Personally, I would prefer an Rx, so maybe I'll ask my OB, after my RE is done with me.  I'm also really interested in taking Fish Oil (and I have some at home); I'm just afraid of taking the wrong thing and causing more harm then good.

Theresa - I don't know what to tell you about the high blood pressure.  I thought it was supposed to go down when you are pg?  I have high blood pressure and am on meds for it.  My dr made sure that they were safe to take during a pg before prescribing them to me.
Oh, and one TMI question.  Did any of you experience cramping after sex?  It seems like after DH and I do it, I get lots of cramping for the next couple of hours and it scares the heck out of me!
bam1014 - I take a generic Rx for pre-natals, I asked for the Rx because it's less expensive for us.  I'm also taking FIsh Oil (I just started).  Make sure you take it with food otherwise you may burp up a nasty fishy taste that'll make you sick.  Also, some sources say fish oil could be bad because of the possible mercury content, the stuff I have says mercury free.  They do have other fish oil free DHA stuff if you want it for the DHA (the pre-natals I've found with DHA are SO expensive).  And about the sex, sometimes I'll have a little cramping that doesn't last very long.  Just try to take it easy, maybe find a different position that feels better?

MissmyAngel - I'm so sorry you had that issue with the nettipot, I've always mixed it myself and just used my finger to put the drops of it in so I've never had that issue.  You'll want to see what you can do about the blood pressure, I've heard it could get worse towards the end of pregnancy, if you manage it now you should be fine!
Hmm, that may be a good idea to just put the mix in that way. Though with the mix you buy it instructs you to put almost a full cup worth of solution up your nose. Maybe just using a smaller amount, plus making sure to do it slow enough so that it wasn't forced might have been more effective. I haven't had problems for roughly a year, but if it happens again I may just try it your way!

I know, the blood pressure thing is scary; it means I have a 1 in 4 chance of develpoing pre-eclampsia if I can't get it under control. That's why I can't believe my MD didn't bring it up! He's famous for ignoring stuff and just trying to get you out of his office asap. It was doing better yesterday at least. I am sort of wondering if I've been eating too much wheat.
Bridgette- I think it is normal and fairly common to have cramping after sex. If you have the big O, then your uterus contracts, which could be causing it. It is most likely nothing to worry about, but it is always good to mention it to your doc if for no other reason than to ease your mind.

MissmyAngel- I'm glad you are finally getting to see a good doc. Hopefully she will take great care of you and be more understanding.

need_answers- My doc told me to take Claritin when I was pregnant with my daughter, so that is a for sure safe to take. I would still call my doctor to see what they say. Usually you can get a quick answer for stuff like that. Good luck, allergies are the pits.

I had another appointment on Wed and got to have another ultrasound (follow-up since I had the problem with placental separation before). I was at 13 weeks 5 days and the baby measured well and had a nice strong heartbeat. The separation is still there and hasn't begun to heal yet, but my spotting has pretty much quit so hopefully it will begin healing soon. My doc said everything looks normal and that he expects the placenta to reattach (fingers crossed).
If anyone is interested to see what it looks like, you can see the placental separation on the u/s pic that I uploaded. It is present in the top pic and is on the right side. If you look to the outside of the sac, you'll see a bit of a darker uneven line that starts at the bottom and moves all the way up the right side and a bit on the top.
MissmyAngel - a full cup?!?  That's insane!  All you need is enough to start clear it all out, a few drops may be too little, but it's enough to help in most of my cases, if not, just keep using the finger to get more in till you think there's enough.  I hope your new doc helps with the BP!

annalc - Thanks for sharing the pics!  I'm not 100% sure what I was looking at was the separation but it was pretty interesting.  I just love looking at the ultrasound pics!  Did you get to tell if it's a boy or girl?
another TMI question?  I take the prenatal that has the fish oil (DHA) Pill as well.  Has anyone else experienced very loose stool while on the fish oil.  I havent had a solid BM since I started them.  TMI...I know...but just concerned that the next 8 months will be like this.
need_answers:  I took the prenatals with DHA up until recently.  I didn't notice a problem with loose stool.  I would mention it to your dr. at your next apt.

I have exciting news!  I recieved my first shower gift in the mail yesterday.  My husbands cousin can't make it and send us a baby enstien floor activity mat.  It is just too cute.  I can't wait for ashlynn to be able to use it.  It has a picture of the world and lots of animals on it.

How's everyone else????
need_answers - I take Fish Oil and it's made no difference for me.  I've got the opposite issue actually.  I've heard that both Pregnancy and prenatals can case you to be loose or constipated.  

Steph - That's awesome!  Those activity mats are great for helping babies like tummy time.
need_answers-I've had that same problem with the loose stools from about week 12 -14. I think it must have been something I had been eating. I've been making sure to drink lots of water. Amy also told me that yellow bananas are supposed to help as well. I haven't been able to find any prenatals with DHA or fish oil vitamins that aren't mercury free, so I haven't been taking anything like that. Its uncommon, but sometimes it just happens during pregnancy.

Steph-That's great! It must have been soo exciting to get that gift, bet it really hit home that Ashlynn is going to be here soon :)

annalc-your lil one is sooo cute! I hope the placental separaion heals up soon :)

Amy & annalc-thanks :) I'm so relieved that I'm going to be seeing her. She is really nice, and she is smart. I'm hoping she can get this BP thing under control soon as well.

Bridgette-I'm almost embarrassed to say this, and I bet everyone will think I'm missing out, but I haven't had sex since I ovulated last :/ DH and I are both too afraid to lol.

So my DSD had a son named Connor last night at 11:30, so now I'm officially a Grandma before being a Mom, lol. His cord was wrapped around his neck three times, and so she had to have a c-section. We didn't think he was ever gonna come out. She was having steady contractions since May 1st.
Hello ladies hope everyone is doing well.

missmyangel- I have no idea how you can control your bp but I am glad you are seeing someone to help you hope everything works out and you are able to get it under control... wow no sex  I have been without it for 2 weeks and it's so hard yet they are doctor orders so we are not  risking our little ones health and I know exactly what you mean by being afraid...but from what I know having sex does not harm the baby and it save unless ofcourse advice otherwise from your doct

Steph_b- oh that must be so exciting to receive your little one's first present

Well I have a pre operation app thay are going to run all kinds of test including an ultrasound they want to make sure everything is fine so the doct can preform my cervical cerclage schedule for next Wed I am excited to see my little one but nervous because they are going to inform me of what the whole procedure consists of... I just pray everything goes well.
Morning all! Hope you're all doing well :o)

It's been a while since I've posted (again). It's been crazy, lots of false labour. I'm 10 days till my due date, and I can't believe the baby's still in there! Considering the fact that I was put off work over a month ago, and was on bed rest, I'm shocked that we haven't met this little one yet, lol! Went into EL&D on Tuesday. Was having very painful contractions and after DH insisted we go in, I thought that it might be time. Unfortunately it was not. I had 9 contractions in 15 minutes, but they weren't strong enough to move the baby down to engage. Baby is low in the pelvis, but if you push on the head it bobbs back up, so def. not engaged. Also, even after 2 hours of walking around the hospital (the contractions were more frequent and more painful when walking) no progress at all. Still 2 cm dilated and 30% effaced. My cervix is very soft though, so hopefully things will move along soon. I think I might lose my mind if I go over my due date, lol!!

Hope you all have a great day!
Sorry I've been MIA lately, so far all is well though!! I was just curious...You guys have or have had that freak-out moment when you don't think your pregnant anymore and you panic right??? I have a friend who just had a m/c and it jolted me a little and so I broke down and listened to baby E's HB (I previously decided to only listen every two days) and I found it in like 10 minutes and even though its still kinda hard to pick it up (the monitor doesn't pick up and count every beat but I can hear every beat) but once I could get the monitor in the right position to pick up the hb *more* it got to the normal 166-172 range...and then shortly after that I just freaked out - I just thought that I wasn't pregnant anymore even though I had just literally heard the HB!! I know crazy lol!! I think I had round ligament pain last night or something similar - short stabbing pain in right side...kinda like a pulled muscle (this happend while I was thinking I wasn't pregnant)! Anyway, sorry to rant, just wanted to get that out there and off of my mind. Weird thing is, even as I have a lot of m/s I still don't feel pg, maybe I'm just scared of losing this one!

On a LESS crazy note...I have officially passed my miscarriage week!! I miscarried the first at 10 weeks 1 day and the second at 4 weeks 6 days - and now I am:
Sorry...stupid computer is acting crazy this morning - I am: 10 weeks and 6 days!!
Karista - I know we talk all the time but I felt compelled to answer your rant.  I think anytime someone has a miscarriage that we know or even those we dont know and just hear about, it will always make us go back to the feelings we felt during that time in our lives.  Before I had a miscarriage I knew people that had them and of course I felt bad for them but I never truly knew how this effected them until it happened to me.  I think the jolt that it gave you was the sad feeling because you can relate to what she is going though.  And the fact that you just made it past your miss date probably didnt help things because I am sure it was on your mind.  The doppler does not lie....that little ticker is tickin away in there and that is a true sign that your little baby E is alive and well and working hard in there.  I dont think any of us will ever take the news of anyone having a miscarriage the same again for the rest of our lives.  It is something we can relate to and feel.
My one question of the day....is it somewhere in the pregnancy rule book that once you get pregnant you totally loose your mind.  I swear I cannot stay focused on anything, i say dumb things that i would never say before pregnancy, and I am the biggest klutz.  Today I dropped the iron on my carpet in my bedroom while i was ironing my work clothes.  DH of course walks in and says "how on earth can you drop the iron out of your hands".  He is right, I would have never done that a couple months ago.  

I guess pregnancy is a license to be careless.  Guess I better beware of heavy machinery!  No more lawn mowing for me.  Maybe I better start taking the bus too! :)
Amanda - Thanks, I knew you'd have something insightfull to make me feel better!! I was going to mention it in our Journey but know you've had a tough week...But glad all is well with you. You're right, just old fear creeping in when I'm trying to focus on positive things. It was and still is on my mind, the only thing I keep thinking about is just a little over a week and I'll be at the 12 week mark...That kinda scares me, it makes a week feel like a month!! I know the Doppler doesn't lie, just one of those feelings that I can't explain or ignore, that intense fear that grips you and doesn't let go :(
Yeah, when my sister had a m/c a few months before me I was like so sad, now that I've had a couple I actually have cried when someone I have never even seen posts that they've had one too. Wish I could go back to that ignorant bliss.
In answer to your question YUP...Think that's bad, last night I dropped my dinner plate, spilled everything on the floor, spent a forever getting the ketchup out the tan carpet and then turned around and dropped it again and had to start all over lol!! I was almost crying by the time I could sit down and eat lol!!! I was just hungry!! Haha - take the bus lol!! you crack me up!! Have a good day...tell me again how many more days till you get the summer off?? No don't tell me I'm too jelous lol!!
Well guys, that fear is back, a real life co-worker just lost her baby at 20 weeks and here I was just praying for 12...I know there is never a point of security but it just makes it much harder. Her name is crystal...will you guys please say a prayer for her...I'll keep praying for all of you to have healthy happy pregnancies.
I know exactly what you mean. I found out a couple of weeks ago that several of my cousins and a couple of my Aunts had several m/c's at the 16 week mark.
I'm so scared about my u/s on Tuesday. I've had a couple of u/s's already, and the day after one, I always feel anxiety again. DH won't let me buy a doppler.
I swore I felt the baby moving at night time when I was lying down for about a week straight, but haven't felt anything in about a week. Well, five days to go until I can relax again for a day or two, lol.
Theresa and Trying - The chances of a miscarriage after 14 weeks is so low, focus on the fact that right now your baby is doing great.  It's so easy to scare ourselves with stories of women who miscarried after the 14 week mark, but the reality is it doesn't happen that often.  

I know after having a scan the next day you go back to worry, Try focusing on promoting a healthy pregnancy and do things to keep yourselves busy.  Once you feel the baby move on a regular basis, you'r fears will start to turn more into excitement (but the fear will most likely still be there).  I'm 19 weeks with my second and I've been feeling movements since 15 weeks, at about 17 weeks or so I started feeling them at least once a day (although a day or two will pass with nothing).  At 19 weeks now, I have felt stronger movements every day for at least the last week.  I'm still scared to death when the baby isn't moving, but when it does it just makes me smile.  

If people are telling you about other's miscarrying after the 12 week mark, just ask them to wait until you are feeling strong kicks every day before they tell you that, it's just adding extra worry.

The point of security is when you give birth, from what I heard you'll always be scared, and that't won't go away until you have the baby.  

well, not a lot to update, I've got a nice busy weekend (and well busy weekends till middle-end of June), and I've got a sewing project to help keep me busy on the week day evenings (for a wedding this summer).  I'm so glad that it's finally summer, we have been getting out and doing more so I'm having an easier time relaxing!  I've got my gender ultrasound in 10 days!  I'm so excited!
Thanks Amy. I don't know why my cousin said that to me, after experiencing a m/c herself. I guess she wanted me to know I wasn't alone. She told me to relax and not get stressed out.
I'm beginning to wonder if my little one is just facing the other way. In the past couple of days, I've been getting this feeling like there is a baseball in my belly, mostly while in the car as the seatbelt goes on top of that spot. Yesterday I was driving about a half hour away, and the "baseball" was on my right side, then it was on my left side, then it was in the middle. On the way home I didn't get that feeling. I'm kinda wondering if the baby is pressing his/her back against my belly when I get that feeling. I thought at first it must be my uterus, until yesterday.
Theresa - When you first start to feel the baby it won't be every day.  With my first I didn't feel much of anything till 20 weeks, with my second it started around 15 weeks.  It's common to go a week with out feeling anything at first.  It's scary because you fear the worst, but in a week or two (or so) you should hopefully be feeling stuff every day!  When I get the baseball feeling it is when the baby is pressing his/her back against the outside.  My son did that all the time.  Sometimes you can tell because if you feel different areas it'll be harder in one spot, but softer on the other side, etc.
Ah, that makes me feel better that I wasn't imagining the baseball feeling! Its comforting to know that it was the baby. That did seem to be the way he/she liked sleeping at my last u/s.
need_answers- Yes, I think it is a hard-fast rule that you become clutzy and absent minded when pregnant ;) It always happens to me, but it is probably the worst with this pregnancy. My husband is so frustrated with me forgetting everything. I bang into things all the time and am surprised I don't have a broken toe yet! About a month ago I went shopping for a birthday present and bought for the wrong child. So, don't feel alone. I am a big mess right now too!
Hey everyone, hope all bumps are doing well!! I haven't been in for ages as still haven't got my laptop fixed!! Congratulations on the new bfp and dropping lots I'd ssbd for everyone that is trying! I have my 20week scan on Friday we are hopeing to findnout the sex! I am looking forward to it but there is still that worry yay something will be wrong!!! God knows what I am going to be like after this scan as it's my last till baby us born!!! Will try and pop back on in Friday to let you all know what little one is!!
Missmyangel - 2 days to go before I can relax lol!! I'm not even to the 12 week mark yet, but will be by Friday!! Good to know I'm not alone though, even though I know I'm not it still feels like it sometimes :-(...I'll keep praying that all goes well in your pg and you have a healthy little one!!!

Cocacolapanda - Thanks, I know that its rare but when you have several friends it's happened too, it just gets your mind to wondering. I have a sneaky suspicion that the fear doesn't go away....ever lol!!! I know I'll worry about this one till I'm gray headed lol!! Good to know that there's so much to look forward too, I think alot of my freakout was due to the fact that I've never been this far before, up till now I kinda had the been there done this attitude that kept me going when things got rough, but now I'm in a whole new ballgame, but I'll survive lol!! I see your gender ultrasound is coming up, what do you want? what do you think it is?

Well, I wasn't able to work Friday b/c I was up till 2 am on Thurs with m/s...threw up over 10xs, I didn't want to do this but if I'm still sick by wed. I'm asking my doc to put me on some meds...I got sick this morning too, I've tried crackers (makes me sick), sea bands (was wearing them when I got sick this am) and everyother "remedy" you can think off...the only thing that helps is chocolate ice cream and soda...both of which are so not good for baby so I'm going to have to do something!
rachaellou06 - I can't wait to hear what your having!  

Trying - My ultrasound is in one week, I can't wait!  We would love another boy because then we can just use all the clothing we have, but if we have a girl we would love it as well.  As long as the baby's healthy!  I'm not really sure, with my first I knew it was a boy but I don't have that strong of a feeling about it this time.  I have more of a strong feeling about being early then anything.  And I know exactly what you mean about the Icecream and soda, I've been drinking pop in the mornings/day because I can't drink watter, and Chocolate icecream really helps!

What a weekend!  I wish I knew what I was having, if I was having a girl I could have gotten a LOT of nice clothing!  We did get two gates that work better than anything we've looked at yet, and only paid $10 for two!  And we got our son two toys he just loves, I LOVE rummage sales!   A friend of mine also got a Medela Pump in Style breast pump for $15 and a bassinet basket thinge for $10 (I guess she looked at them with her first and they were well over a hundred for this one).  Other than the awesome time Sat, my car died on Sunday (Thank goodness it didn't die Sat!).  I'm crossing my fingers it won't be too much to fix.
trying-Ya I know what you mean. It feels like I'm in new territory too. Whats going on in two days? I have been having the same suspicion too, that I'll be old and gray and still worrying about what my grown son/daughter is doing LOL! Hope your m/s gets better!!!! Good luck at your app. on Wed :)

Well, I'm going to see my new OB today WOO HOO!!! So excited, then I can stop all this worrying finally (for awhile at least lol; hope it lasts until I can feel regular movement in there) and having the gender u/s done tomorrow. I can't believe the time has finally come!
Theresa - I'm glad your seeing your new dr!  Wow, I can't wait to hear what your having too!  There seem to be a lot of gender ultrasounds done this week or next.
Cocacolapanda - glad to know I'm not the only one not following the pregnancy diet...I try, but if Icecream and soda keeps my food down it has to be helping more than hurting lol!!! Too bad no feelings on what it is, I was curious on how many ppl are right about what they're having. I'm sure your little one'll be healthy! I hope this week goes by fast for you and you get to see your little one soon!!!

Missmyangel - Two days - doc. appt with ultrasound!! It's the down syndrom (syndrome) screening one so I'll get to see Baby E!! Of course I'll be using my doppler until then!! Well in about 20-30 years, maybe I'll see you on the "my child is grown and I'm freaking out" forum lol!!  Thanks for the luck and good luck at your appt too!! You said you're having the gender ultrasound done tomorrow? What do you think yours is? What do you want it to be?
trying-I'm pretty sure my baby is a boy. Crossing my fingers he/she lets me find out tomorrow :) I'm sure we will see each other on that forum lol.

My appointment went well today :) They took my BP  a couple of times because it was high, (it did go down after sitting for a bit) and she told me to try not to worry about it. Unfortunately we then got sidetracked with other things so she didn't get into details about slowing it down :/ Well, at least it was duly noted lol. She was very thorough about asking me lots of questions though. I was in talking to her for at least a half hour, to my GP's 30 second visits lol.
Missmyangel - Glad your appt went well, I hope you LO lets you find out tomorrow too!!! It feels like tomorrow cant get here fast enough...at least for me!! Good Luck!!

Well, I've only been sick a little so far today, I'm thinking about asking the doc. to put me on some meds, I hate it but seriously 10xs in one day is just too much and 4-5xs alomost everyday after isn't pretty either...plus its interfereing with my job. Hope everyone else is doing good though!!
Well I want to cry now, they rescheduled my appointment and didn't tell me! Now I have to wait three more weeks to find out :/
Missmyangel - What? That's so not cool, how could they not tell you? I would be crying ;-( and then demanding I be seen...hey my ins. isn't covering crap so If I gotta pay for it then I should get it lol!! So sorry you have to wait.
Hello ladies hope everyone is doing well

trying- hope your m/s get better

missmyangel- sorry about your appt being cancel

Well my pre op appt went well we were able to see our little one moving around throughout the ultrasound....I have my surgery schedule for tomorrow I am praying everything goes well I'll also be off until my baby is born
Good Morning ladies!  I know I have been M.I.A. lately, things have been busy and I have just been so tired!!  I started to get some energy back yesterday and I'm feeling a little bit better now.  I just keep getting paranoid when I have my "good days" that something might be wrong...it's going to be forever until June 4th gets here and I get to see my Doctor again.
Yea, I was really upset. They said it was too early. I don't understand why they booked me for that date in the first place if it was too early. I refused to leave until they told me why it had been cancelled and then made sure they knew my DH had to leave work early and race home to get there. Supposedly they did try to call, but my phone isn't working right, so maybe they did, idk..
Well, at least my OB had a portable machine in her office, so I got to have a quick look at bubs and everything looks ok. I'm just disappointed; I was all excited about finding out the gender.
Missmyangel - So sorry, but at least you'll know something in a few more weeks!!

Well, my appt yesterday at 11w 5d went great, baby measured at 12w so 2 days ahead!! That little thing was just a moving around and kicking and going crazy lol!! would sit still and then started flipping!! So great appt!!  HOpe everyone is doing good today!!
missmyangel- sorry your apt got changed, that's a bummer.

Trying-Glad your little one is doing well!

babyhopes- I hope your surgery went well and you have a speedy recovery.

I'm doing well, about to hit the 30 week mark.  Time has gone by so quickly!  I also got the great news that my SIL thinks she's preggo.  (not 100% yet, she has had a few faint BFP, but nothing dark yet and nothing confirmed by a Dr. yet. )  I will keep wishing for them.  the funny thing is 2 nights ago I had a dream she was preggo.  
Hi everyone! Well I'm back! I need to catch up on everyone since i've been away for a bit. Hope your all doing well!

Erica- Congratulations on the birth of Emma!!!!!! She is soooooo beautiful! So worth the wait :)
Hi Everyone!

Erica- Congrats on Emma, she is just perfect!!!

Welcome back Lori!!

So I just bought DH his first father's day present!!  I was fun to buy him something.  I got him tickets to a concert that he really wants to go to.  Hopefully we will be able to attend, it's 2 weeks before my due date, but I think we will be fine.  I got asile seats so I don't have to climb over me and VIP parking so it's not a long walk to the concert.  Any one else doing something special for their Fathers/Father's to be?
Hey all, I just have to share this because I am soo excited about it. I have been feeling sooo much movement lately. It has been several times a day for the last couple of days. It is such a relief to have that confirmation that everything is ok.

I'll have to catch up on what I've missed in the past several day when I have more time. I hope everyone is doing well.
MissmyAngel - I'm so sorry you had to wait!  I know some people have found out around the 15 week mark, but I'm not sure how many dr's schedule it that early to actually find out the gender.  When I made my apt they double checked to make sure I would be at least 20 weeks.  Your apt will be here before you know it!  Just try to keep busy, it's worked well for me so far!

trying - I'm so glad your apt went well!  Did you get to hear the heartbeat yet or just see it?  

babyhope8 - I hope everything went well and you have a quick recovery!  

Steph - That's awesome! he's going to love it!  I don't think we'll do much for fathers day this year, were kinda tight on money at the moment.  He'll get a chance to sleep in, and I might have our 2 year old make a card for him, and make him dinner and stuff (He does all the cooking).

annalc - Don't you just love that feeling!  For me I think it started around 15 weeks, and at 19 weeks the movements were strong enough that we could feel from the outside, DH even felt the baby kick a few days ago!  

Not much new for me, but I'll have news on late Monday afternoon :)  I'm keeping myself busy this weekend so I've just got to get through one more day of work, and of course rain!  The one day I had to park on the street (They re-paved our private drive), I had to walk a block in the rain to get to my car.  At least it wasn't pouring, and I can pull into the garage when I get home!  I hope everyone has a great weekend!
Cocacolapanda - Yup got to hear it!! It was loud too!! Not like on the doppler at home lol!! You have a great weekend too!!
Amy-Yea, I know; I was talking to the scheduling person the next day to find out what happened (after I had calmed down lol ;p) and they usually schedule it anywhere from 16-20 weeks, but prefer it to be around 18+. I was exactly 17 weeks on the day I was scheduled for because I'm measuring ahead.
But anyways my doc wanted me to be at least 19 weeks for the u/s but it didn't say that in my paperwork and he hadn't said anything to me. They didn't catch it I guess until after I had already booked it.
Oh well, if they did have trouble seeing the gender at that stage then I would have had a lot longer to wait to find out.
trying-grats on hearing your HB nice and loud!

annalc-glad to hear your feeling lots of movement! Its such a great feeling. I was feeling lots of movements on Wed but not too much the last couple of days :/ I hear thats normal though.

Lori-Its good to hear from you. I hope things are going well for you as well :) Praying for you that you get some answers!
Missmyangel - Thanks, how much longer till you know what the baby is? Bout 2 weeks?

Well, I'm doing okay...still very sick but surviving lol!! Doc. put me on reglan, but I don't take it during the day b/c it knocks me out and I try not to take it at night unless I really need it b/c no-one is actually sure of the effects it has on Baby. Today is my 2nd ann. and I got surprised with roses at work!!! DH is being a really good sport about all this...haven't cooked in 1 week 3 days lol!!!!!!!  
Moma_Cher commented on Moma_Cher's status
2 mins ago
Moma_Cher Starting to feel super hung... Comment
14 mins ago
LovemyKids86 commented on LovemyKids86's status
1 hr ago