Baby Dust Buddies - TTC and Pregnancy after a Loss User Group
Belly Buddies *5/22*
About This Group:

Our TTC and Pregnancy after a Loss Group is a Public Group for women to share their conception journeys after a miscarriage. From starting over after a loss; surviving the two week wait; dealing with a BFN; celebrating the coveted BFP and making it through nine months of worry. Baby dust is sprinkled joyfully and liberally all around.

Founded by bam1014 on September 25, 2009
475 members

Belly Buddies *5/22*

Please forgive any oversights...it's been a while since I've done a list, and it's been 5 weeks since the last list, my math skills have degenerated over the years, but here goes....

CONGRATULATIONS BRIDGETTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so absolutely thrilled to welcome Bridgette over here!  For 2 years we have shared Bridgette's long journey to reach this most wonderful moment.  We know her cycle better than our own.  We have laughed with her, cried with her, been frustrated with her, vented with her, learned from her, prayed for her and have cherished the friendship of a wonderful woman, who even in her down times found the strength to lift everyone else up and offer her unwavering support to all of us who have needed it.  It is with tears of happiness in my eyes that I get to put Bridgette's name in it's rightful place, on the Belly Buddies list for a looong nine months of a whole new type of anxiety for our dear friend. We're ready for you Bridgette, let your journey begin!  ;)~

Done Buns!

mapes/Melissa - Adam  6/14/09
Dani - Colter  7/19/09
kc1021 - Olivia Kate  7/23/09
Tiger63/Stacey - Lillian Kathleen  8/6/09
pat4rod/Patty - 9lb boy  8/17/09
ashmcc - Kamryn  8/17/09
CacyMichelle - Addison Grace  8/24/09
munter - Lincoln Brian  9/6/09
Avik/Anna - Jamin Scott  9/16/09
Latrice - Trinity Allyssa  9/18/09
nickswife/Gigi - Abby Nickole  10/14/09
kgokgo/Niki - Isabelle  10/18/09
BPO629/Brandy - Allison Jean  10/24/09
melo1224 - ????  11/10/09
cari227 - Allyssa Marie  11/14/09
hazeleyes/Amanda - Ali  11/25/09
popcorn/Julie - ????  11/29/09
mikaleen/Aileen - Emma Claire  12/1/09
ladyM84/Lisa - Evan Zack  12/3/09
Elisha123 - Brianna  12/10/09
youme123/Leigh - ????
mialvan/Maria - June  1/16/10
GMB/Gina -  baby boy  3/15/10
tinkerbell101/Deb - Our newest member...Daniel Ethan  3/30/10 " welcome to the world!"
msteri - Chloe made her entrance on 4/30... Congratulations!!
EricaB28/Erica - Welcome Emma Rea!!! Born May 18th

Awaiting The Arrival!!!

princessa745/Rossie - 33wks - boy - 7/2/10
lilinz - 33wks 1days - boy - 7/9/10
steph9803 - 32wks 2days - boy - 7/15/10
natalie910 - 31wks 5days - boy - 7/19/10
steph_B - 30wks - girl - 7/31/10
heatherLF16 - 29wks   4days - ??? - 8/3/10
peterjl/Mary - 29wks 2days - girl -8/5/10
TCgirl - 27wks - girl - 8/21/10
teddiH - 24wks 3days - ??? - 9/8/10
rachaellou06 - 21wks  - ??? - 10/2/10
cocacolapanda/Amy - 20wks 3days - ??? - 10/6/10
szw2008/Sam - 19wks 5days - boy - 10/11/10
Dmarie919/Dana - 18wks 5days - ??? - 10/18/10
nunu/Vanessa - 18wks 1day - ??? - 10/22/10
nikkij6577 - 17wks 4days - boy - 10/26/10
missmyangel/Theresa - 17wks - ??? - 10/30/10
youngmum20 - 16wks 6days - ??? - 10/31/10
pips - 16wks 5days - ??? - 11/1/10
annalc - 16wks 1day - ??? - 11/5/10
babyhope8/Ana - 13wks 32days - ??? - 11/27/10
trying_x_3 - 12wks 1day - ??? - 12/2/10
1angelbabyM/Gina - 11wks 2days - ??? - 12/9/10
lori0615 - 10wks 5days - ??? - 12/13/10
Gailybaby - 8wks 6days - ??? - 12/26/10  Congratulations!!!

and a big fat morning sickness, swelling, crying, bitching, back pain, feet in ribs welcome to...dah dah dah dah...

Bam1014/Bridgette - 7wks - ??? - 1/8/11  OUR FIRST 2011 BABY!
Awwwww Aileen that's the sweetest thing ever!  You totally made me start bawling.  DH already thinks I'm a loney as it is.

I join a long line of fantastic women on this list.  I've dreamed so long of being here that now I'm not quite sure what to do with myself - LOL
There's another to add onto the list I missed, so so sorry...so here it is...

need_answers_from_someone...8 wks 3 days - 12/29/10  Congratulations!!!!
Congratulations to the most deserved BFP ever and to the rest of you girls! I had to come over to see it :D

That was beautiful Aileen...
I just had to stop by to see Bridgette's name on this list!!!! It looks just beautiful there:)
Aileen you did a great job!! My list is soooo small and I just love it!! LOL
Aww, I'm fighting the tears now too, lol. Grats again Bridgette!
Awesome job Aileen!!!!  It is so great to see Bridgette on 'the other side'.  I am so happy for you & can't wait to join ya!!!  XOXO
YAY Bridgette! :)  So happy to have you over here!!!

Jenn and Lori: Join us soon!!! :)  

Can't believe I am almost half way there...19 weeks tomorrow.  A little over a week to go before we find out boy or girl!!!

Just got back from a day of shopping with my mom.  Got some last pieces of maternity wardrobe, including a bathing suit, a dress for a wedding, and some new comfy jammies. Surprisingly enough, the bathing suit was the easiest thing to find!!  I might even be tempted to wear it post-maternity cuz I think it fits me better than other ones I've owned!! LOL!  Spent way too much money but it was worth it :)  
yay Bam!!!!!

oh, and I'm on the blue team!
Thanks Dana! I hope it is soon that I join all of you :)
Congrats to all the new BFP's...especially to you Bridgette!!

I can't believe I'm 3 from the top, time has flown these last few months so maybe the last 2 will as well. I go in for the NST starting Tues and will go twice a week until this guy is born...Still no name picked out but we're narrowing it down.

Hope everyone is doing well...
OMW! can;'t believe i finallty get to be onthis side! i know my journey has been nothing compared to some but i am jsut soo very excited!!!
Hello ladies hope everyone is doing great!!

Great job Aileen!!

I am so happy to so many names on this list....Congrats to all the new BFP =)

My surgery went well...now I will be off from work until baby is born....I had an ultrasound last Friday is so awesome to see how big my jelly bean is now(almost 14wks)...now have to wait for my next appt on June 7th I get to see my baby again=)
Cool to see my name on there...and not on the bottom lol!!

12weeks and 3 days today...listened to HB at lunch!!! Still sicker than ever lol!! I really feel like this one is going to make it, I have never been this far before! Today is my 2 year ann with DH and he sent me roses that made me smile all day!! Well, hope everyone at least feels better than I do!!
trying-Happy Anniversary! Guess what? This is my 7 year anniversary! We just got back from having dinner out :)

babyhope-My gender u/s is on June 7th!

Geez guys this is too ironic LOL!

Vanessa-Grats on joining the blue team!

Jenn and Lori-I can't wait to see you two on this list :)
I'm so excited there's such positive vibes around here lately!  

Venessa - Congrats on the Blue team!!  

I had my ultrasound yesterday, it was beyond amazing!  I got to take away some 3D images and such (I'll try to post some later, but I only got the "video" files up on facebook).  My baby was so active, the tech couldn't get a good view (sounds a lot like my first!)  So I guess unless my midwife does an ultrasound every now and then to try and figure out the gender it will most likely be a surprise for us.  I'm not as disappointed in the surprise as I thought I would be and I think it's because the ultrasound in general was just so amazing!  Tomorrow's my dr's apt and I'll find out more about the details of the baby (heartbeat, size, and all the other stuff they looked for).  

I hope everyone in hot areas are able to keep cool!
Missmyangel - Happy ann to you too!!! How awesome is that...we share the same date lol!!!

Vanessa - CONGRATS!!! CONGRATS!!!

Cocacolapanda - So glad your little one is doing good and is so active!!! So sorry baby wouldn't cooperate...but who knows, you might like the surprize better!!

When does the HB start slowing down? I clocked Baby E's at 160 yesterday and 159-160 today...usually higher, it was 164 at the docs a week ago.
Trying - Thanks!  The baby's heartbeat changes a lot.  I'm not sure of exact dates of when it starts slowing down, but try not to stress about it too much.  If the baby is moving around a lot the heartbeat will be higher, if there sleeping or resting it'll be lower.  When I was 6-9 weeks it was around 180.  Then at 13 weeks it was at 160, then at 17 weeks I think it was right around the 160 range as well.  No clue what it was yesterday, but I'll find out tomorrow!
Aileen- Thanks for the new list, it looks great!

Bridgette-  It's so nice to officially ahve you on the Belly Buddies List!!!  

Venessa- Congrats on the little boy!

Trying-  The babies heartrate will vary a lot through out pregnnacy depending on how active your baby is at the time you are taking the HB.

Coaco-  Glad to hear your US went well.  I love watching them dance around the screen.  Let us know when you get pics up!

I hope everyone else is doing well!!!
Thanks ladies for reasuring me...I'm like a baby myself lol!!

Felt good today...scared me outa my mind but I listened to Baby E's hb at lunch (I know I'm bad) and it was more toward 160-162, oddly enough I felt better lol!! Anyone not getting cravings?? I had one at the very beginning of this pg at around 5 weeks but so many ppl are talking about craving this and that and I'm over here not doing anything...should've known, this is my child we're talking about and I'm not a "normal" person so I guess I shouldn't expect this pregnancy/baby to do the "normal" things lol!!!

Have a great afternoon everyone
I'm actually having more issues with foods making me sick than craving them.  Although when we are shopping and I see something I'll get all excited about it.  I don't like gummy candy, but I saw gummy bears and worms and I just want them so bad!  But on the same since I'm not craving them enough to actually buy them.
Cocacolapanda - Almost exactly what I'm going through lol!!! Most foods just make me sick!! The only way I knew I had a craving was when I wanted ground beef...which I haven't ate in years b/c I HATE it...that went away though and I'm back to hating it lol!! Another thing I hate is this timeline all the books and web seems to have!! One of my books said that by the end of week 10 I should be buying a new bra...well, my boobs haven't grown at all, they are a little fuller looking but they really don't seem bigger...of course I was a small D before pregnancy and my D bras which were just a tad too big fit perfectly, but I'm not getting the "porn star" boobs that everyone else seems to have lol!! Sorry to rant, just one of those days!

Well, didn't get sick again today!! I was a little nauseaus this morning but I feel loads better now...wonder if the m/s is easing up? Usually I go 1 or 2 days without getting sick and this is day 2 so only time will tell!! 12 weeks and 5 days today!! Have a good day everyone!
Amy-It is nice that there are such positive vibes here lately! I'm glad your u/s wen't well, can't wait to look at your pics! Hope you do get another shot at finding out. Funny, I have such a calm baby that I was thinking about drinking OJ just before the u/s to make the baby more active in hopes of getting a gender shot lol.

trying-My lil ones HB was 116 during my 7 week u/s, and wen't up to 163 at my 12 week one. Those are the only times it has been measured. I had this craving for pizza pockets every day at lunch during my first trimester, and now if I take one bite of one it makes me ill. Fruit and potatoes with gravy are the closest thing to a craving I've had, most stuff is hit and miss. (Some days I'll like it, other days I'll take one bite and be like ugh!) I've gone up a couple bra sizes, but they aren't "hard" and sore like with my first pregnancy.
Congratulations Bridgette!!! Love seeing you on the list...

I myself in shock, im on the top for the awaiting arrivals. Months are flying by and i can't believe i will see my Jeyden soon, Im soo thankful...
Ohh and i will be 35 weeks this friday.
Theresa - The ultrasound was actually during my baby's quiet time too.  The probing around woke him/her up it seems.  Then Tuesday the baby didn't stop moving at all!  Today he/she seems back to there normal schedule though.

My apt yesterday went well.  The baby is looking great and measuring right on schedule.  The heartbeat on Monday was in the 140's and then Wednesday (yesterday) it was back to the 160's.  It's amazing how much it can change, I think that on Monday they got the heartbeat at the beginning of the ultrasound.  Wednesday we could actually hear the baby move around on the heart monitor, and the baby even kicked/punched the probe!  My midwife said that next time she can wheel in the ultrasound machine and see if we can have a better chance at finding out the gender, so in 4 weeks we might have another shot!  And in 8 weeks I have that evil test where they make you drink that yucky stuff then take your blood :(  I think I also get my Rogham shot at that apt too, talk about torture!

Oh, and DH was SO sweet, yesterday he asked the guy at the meat counter to make London Broials for me!  Pared it with raspberries, Oooo, it was SO good!
Glad to hear that everyone is doing well. Keep those buns a cookin!

I had an appointment yesterday. Nothing special though. I just declined my AFP and listened to the hearbeat. The really exciting part is that I scheduled my appointment for my next u/s on the 15th. I am going to see a world renouned neonatologist who is really big into 3D/4D and does the cds and pics for souvenirs. My doc is going to be out of town during that time and was nice enough not to make me wait to get the u/s and referred me to him. I am sooo excited.

BTW, this is probably the last post you will see from me until the 15th because we are leaving for Iceland on Sun and won't be back until the 14th. Until then, everyone stay well and good luck with upcoming appointments.
Just checking in :)
I am on bedrest due to threatend preterm labor so I will be on more often... and my baby will most likely be a July baby instead of August! It is a BOY!! Congrats to all the new mommies and new BFPs.
So glad to see everyone is doing well...my nst went well so that was exciting. My next us will be in 2 weeks...can't wait to see how big he's gotten.
Just popping in and so glad to see everyone is doing well =)

I have another u/s tomorrow.  Fingers crossed that it is as good as the first!!
Can't wait to hear the news today Bridgette!  Good luck!  :)

Natalie....heading toward the finish line...I can't believe it.  Hope you are doing well...

No big news here...just counting down to Tuesday...I am so excited!  I hope the baby cooperates!!  Been feeling little kicks pretty consistently every day which is comforting!  

Take care, ladies!! :)

Dana-Hope the baby cooperates for you!

Bridgette-Good luck with the u/s, I have my fingers crossed for you!

Heather-Sorry to hear about the threatened preterm labor, get lots of rest!

annalc-Ohh very exciting! I'm trying to find a way to get a recording of my u/s, the hospital won't let me take a video :/ Maybe at my next prenatal appointment, if she uses her u/s machine again. Have fun in Iceland!

Amy-Glad everything is going well with lil one! Crossing my fingers that you get to find out in four weeks! My lil one NEVER moves much, he/she even sleeps through u/s's lol. It's always straight across my belly, so my only chance I have of getting a gender shot is to have something sugary beforehand. Most of the time, not even THAT works to get lil one going lol. Just like his/her Dad already lol.
wow Natalie...less than 60 days.  yay!

Bridgette, glad your u/s went well!  we want one every friday!!

emma is 6 months old on monday.  it's crazy, it went so fast.  i miss her newborn days already.  maybe i'll be back on the list this time next year. ;)
Aileen - won't that be funny when this list turns into round two.  Dani will be on the top and the bottom - LOL!  With you not far behind!!

Yes, my u/s went well =)  I have the b/w for the quad screening in 2 weeks and the u/s for the NT test in 4 weeks.  Can't wait to see the little P'Nut again!

I'm still pretty nervous because I really don't have much pg symptoms.  No morning sickness.  I'm always tired, but that's about it.  I find myself constently staring at my bbs to see if they are getting any bigger - LOL!!  But nothing yet.

Is it too early to be getting food cravings?
Bridgette-Don't worry, you've seen the baby and everything is fine! :) About 20% of women never experience morning sickness. I only had it for one week. At the time I was nervous about it too, while everyone else was envious lol.
Also, about the other p/g symptoms. It sounds like you might be like me. I have had such an easy pregnancy that I am still trying to convince myself that I'm pregnant at 18 1/2 weeks! My BB's got bigger closer to the end of my first trimester, but they still don't hurt. I don't have any cravings either, though some stuff I'm finding that I don't like some days lol. It started happening right around 8 weeks or so. I get the odd headache, and my back and legs have been starting to kill me lately. Thats about it!
Well I am coming back over this time I plan on staying here for 9 months God willing :)
Tausha - we plan on keeping you here for the next 9 months!!

Theresa - thanks that makes me feel better.  My bbs are starting to get a little tingly and I'm starting out at a DD, so it'll be interesting where they go from here!  I feel like I'm getting food cravings; but it all may just be in my head.

I will say that guys cologne and bad breath are going to be the death of me.  Those smells are so intense at work they almost make me gag.
bridgette, i had no symptoms with mikayla except i couldn't eat chicken.  with your first the bb's don't usually start blowing up until sometime in the second trimester.  there's no need for them yet and your body knows it.  i started in a d and am now in an f.  my biggest problem was that they never fit into the tops of those cute little maternity shirts that tied around.
food cravings and smell sensitivity i had from the beginning with emma, coffee and toothpaste set me off.  when are you going to use your ticker??

congratulations tausha!
Thanks Everyone!! Ok Ladies I have a question... I am taking a vitamin b complex, is it ok to take that with a prenatal or is that too much? Also I am thinking of going to pick up baby asprin today.... After 2 losses and no answers I don't want to not try something that could make a difference. I have been relaxing alot since yesterday hoping the slight cramps are my lil butter beans digging in for the next 9 months. Any ideas on anything I can do to help or what may be bad would be great. Thanks
That was supposed to be bean not beans loL
Tausha - are you sure you don't have twins on the brain - LOL.  Will your dr take you in for blood work?  With 2 losses I would think your progesterone is one of the first things they would want to look at. Some dr's will say taking baby aspirin won't hurt anythinbg if there is no problem, while some would advise against it unless there is a known problem.  So hard to say what is the right thing to do. . . .If you trust your dr, I would stick with whatever there advise is.  If you don't, do you have the option of looking for a 2nd opinion?
Bridgette- I haven't called them yet I figure with it being a 4 day weekend no one will answer. So I am betting I will have to wait until Tuesday :( I am going to ask that they check my progesterone but I am a little nervous to wait these couple of days. I just started seeing this dr when I was mc'ing last time. I do know they didn't test the " products of conception" for any issues which upset me and they wouldn't do any additional testing on me either. I just fear it is going to take forever for them to get me in. I also debated buying natural progesterone but I am scared to try it just as much as I am scared not to. IDK I just pray it all works out and the third really is the charm.  
Tausha - what I can tell you about the progesterone is that my RE said no harm, no foul.  It would not cause any problems if you didn't need it.  As you might know they prescribed progesterone supplements for me without any testing or proof that was the problem.  So of anything you've suggested, the only one I would feel comfortable with agreeing with is the progesterone.  (Although I'm prone to say that the baby aspirin wouldn't be a problem either, but I don't want to give you bad advice).  I understand about the long weekend.  I would just make sure to stress when you do call in that you have had two early losses already.  I don't see what harm it is for them to check your progresterone?  When I called into my RE, it did take a little convincing on my part, but I told them quite literally I was freaking out and this would help to calm me down.
Tausha...I am so happy for you!! :)  I am sorry you are worried...try to take it one day at a time and get on the phone to your dr. as soon as you can so you can proceed in the right direction.  I would not try anything right now until you consult the dr....I am praying for you and I am thinking good vibes!! :)  

Bridgette- I am glad you told me that I am going to see if they will give me a prescription for the progeterone tommorrow although I am not sure if they will without seeing me first but maybe if I pitch a fit they will =)  I bought the baby asprin and took one today..I figured it is less likely to hurt than to help. I have never been one to take meds but I want nothing more right now than this baby.

Dana- I normally wouldn't take the meds but like I said above I sat by last time and didn't try anything and it resulted in another loss....so I have to try something!!
Tausha-Congrats! Wishing that the 3rd times a charm and you have a healthy 9 months! I know the only reason I opted for a d&c with my m/c was because they promised to do tests, but then afterwards I was told they only do it if you've had 3 :/ I think they should change that! They are too quick to chalk it up to chromosones. It would be nice if we got some answers. It might help our nerves out!
I read something yesterday that they used to say 3 but now it's reccomended after 2 but alot of drs still use the old rule :(

I wish the dr office would open already!!
Tausha - Congrats!! 3rd times IS a charm!!! My doc. said baby aspirin was fine for ME to take, but I agree you should definatley find out what your doc wants you to do. I did start my BA before I got pg and didn't tell the doc. until my 8 week appt. I guess in the end you should just do what you feel is right for you and your bean!!

Still sick lol!! Am I in the 2nd Trimester yet? I think my doc. counts 13 weeks as 2nd but my pregnancy ticker says I'm in the 1st...IDK, some ppl say 13 weeks and some say 14 weeks and I'm 13 weeks 4 days!!! Thought I'd be feeling better by now...books lied to me lol!! They all said by week 12 I should be feeling better!! Well, hope everyone else had a better weekend!!
Tausha- I hope you cen get ahold of your Dr. this morning.  Hopefully they will get you in for an apt. quickly and give you some pogesterone.  I hope your bean or beans are getting stuck :)

Trying- I hate to discourage you, but I was sick until about 16 or 17 weeks, and lately I have been feeling sick more and more....  Hopefully you will feel better soon!
Steph_b - that's okay...I have medicine for it but it clearly states several times "not sure what effects reglan has on a developing fetus" plus it knocks me out so I can only take it at night and I am usually more sick in the daytime, so why take something if I don't have too? The nurse at my docs office said to take it anyway but I guess I'm a bit of a rebel lol!!
Congrats Tausha!!!  I'm so happy for you and I'm praying this is the one!!!!  

Well, my M/S is almost officially gone!!  I still have my moments but they are not NEARLY as bad as they were!  I go on Thursday for my 13week check up and U/S and I can't wait to see my little bean!!  I'm still praying everything is good!!  

104 and the Dr office has not called me back yet. I am thinking I might got by the urgent care in the way home I am almost positive I will be able to get the dr there to write me a script for the progesterone. As a matter of fact I think I'm am going to go on break and call them :) will update you ladies when I get some information. thank you all for your support I need all I can get.
Congrats Tausha!  I'm so excited for you, and wish you a safe and healthy 9 months!

As for me, today was another horrible day for m/s.  I'm going to be 22 weeks tomorrow and just wish it would go away!  The car ride in to work was just horrible :(  Aside from that yesterday my husband told me I went from crazy 1st trimester to crazy 3rd trimester and skipped the 2nd trimester.  It kinda feels like I'm already in the 3rd trimester, baby kicking my bladder and pushing out making it un-comfortable.  I love feeling the movements, don't get me wrong, but I'm so ready for it to be done with!

Has anyone gone to school while pregnant?  I'm a little nervous (but very excited) to hopefully start Grad School this fall.  I'm almost done with writing my 7-11 page essay (the last part to complete the application process).  Just wondering if anyone dealt with it and if they had any tips?
I was lucky in the first trimester with only having m/s for a week, but in the last few days I've had nauseousness on and off, frequent headaches and bad stomach cramps in my lower abdomen right where lil one is :( Thank goodness I'm starting to feel kicks so I know the lil one is still ok. Not sure if I should call my OB or not.
Ok so today was a bust hopefully I have better luck tomorrow. I'm about to call it a night lol that's terrible considering it's only 630. Oh well I can't make it I'm exhausted!!
Hello ladies!!! I am glad to see that everyone is doing good

Tausha- Congrats on your BFP!! Hope you have  healthy nine months =)

Everything is going good almost 15 wks now have an appt on Monday to make sure everything is fine after surgery....I have started to feel the baby move here and there I wish I would feel him/her all the time but I know that time will come once s/he gets a little bigger
Hey ladies....well, team blue for me.... :)  Not what I though...but it will be all good!  I will be outnumbered for sure!  

that was supposed to say "not what I thought..."  LOL...I was sure it was a girl, in fact initially they though that's what they saw...then...SURPRISE...there it was...LOL...

I get another u/s in a month because they want to check the low lying placenta and there was slight increase in fluid in the kidney...which they said is usually normal....

could you add me too I am 7 weeks 4 days along....congrats to all the blessed ladies
Congratulations Dana!!! I'm soooo happy for you!!! Is DH thrilled??
So I'm faced with a difficult decision. My DSD bought concert tickets for DH and I for his birthday, and since I've never been to a concert before I would really like to go. (Also its like pulling teeth to get DH to go anywhere lol) The problem is, its on July 3rd, in a field. I'm afraid of overheating. Am I overreacting?
Dana- Congrats on the little boy!!  I thought I was having a buy, but I'm having a girl,  I guess we can't always trust our instirncts.

Missmyangel-  I would see how your feeling the day of the concert.  I think it should be fine as long as you can stay shadded and well hydrated.

Congrats DeeDee!!-  I jsut love seeing the list grow.

I'm so excited my baby shower is tomorrow!!!  I can't wait to decorate Ashlynn's room afterwards.  And I will get to see a lot of friends that I haven't seen in awhile. :)  
Deedee - congrats and welcome!!!!!

Dana - A little boy!! Congrats!!!

Missmyangel - I agree with Steph_b, how you feel and just how hot it is outside should factor in...if the concerts at night it *might* be a little cooler!!

Steph_b - Hope your shower is everything you want it to be!! I'm so jelouse lol!!

Well ladies, I'm still sick but hanging in there! So how do you know if you're having a craving...haha guess it's probably one of those "if you have to ask" questions lol!! I was just wondering if the fact that I don't want to eat anything but Mac and Cheese a couple times a day counted? I mean I'm not waking DH up in the middle of the night for a Mac fix or anything lol!! Today is Week 14 for me and Baby E's HB is 150 - down a little, but research I did suggest it's actually normal at this stage!! Have a great day and a great weekend!
Deedee - Congrats!

Dana - That's awesome!  I'm hoping our little one is a boy, but I'm really not sure.  In the October due date group the 3 others due on my date all are having boys, so maybe that means mine's got to be a girl?

Missmyangel - I agree, stay hydrated, but not so much your peeing every few seconds.  just dress cool and lather on the sun block.  I hope you'r feeling up to it and have a great time!

Steph_b - That's awesome!  I hope it goes well!  Baby showers are always so much fun!

trying - For me when I'm craving things I typically either just know or I'll be watching or see something that just looks good, then it won't leave my head till I get it.  I keep telling DH we need a remote that automaticly removes any commercial with food in it, they either make me sick or make me half to have it.  As for the heartbeat, don't stress about it.  During my ultrasound on a monday it was 140 or something (I was almost 21 weeks) then two days later at my dr's apt (when I was exactly 21 weeks) the heartbeat was back to 160 something.  It will change a lot depending on how active the baby is.

I'm wishing this rain would go away, it's been amazing for 2 weeks, now, rain and storms today and tomorrow, were camping starting tonight so I'm hoping it's not to muddy.  Oh, and by camping my mom and I are going to a hotel, my mom refuses to camp and with peeing 1-4 times a night I'm so not going to try to stumble to find a bathroom.  But My 2 year old will have his first experience at it, I'm excited it'll be lots of fun!  I hope you all have agreat weekends!
I'm so sorry I didn't read the posts previous to posting yesterday, was in too much of an internet surfing zone concerning the concert I guess lol. Thanks for the well wishes guys, I read online that its not supposed to be a real hot day that day, so hopefully everything will be great and I have a fun time!

deedee-congrats!!!! Have a happy & healthy 9 months!

Dana-Congrats on the boy!

Steph-Have fun at your baby shower :) Hope you get everything you are in need of!

trying-ha ha, I've been craving mac 'n cheese too! Weird. I did hear that the HB peaks around 12 weeks then levels off. Plus it is higher when lil one is active, lower when sleeping. I haven't had the heartrate checked since my 12 week u/s, so not sure what my lil ones is.

Amy-So sorry to hear your STILL having m/s. That really *****! Have fun camping though :) I was thinking the same thing about the boy thing, I want a boy really bad to as its DH's last chance to pass on the family name, but there are sooo many ladies on the October forum who are having boys! Maybe we can hope it was something in the air that made everyones baby's boys when we concieved lol.

Three more days until I (hopefully) find out the gender, I'm sooo excited!
So HCG was 482 at 4w2d which I  am happy with.  Now I just have to wait until June 21st fir my first appt, I am thinking they are going to do a u/s :) so excited!!
Tausha-Yay congrats on the good numbers! Hope you do get an u/s :)
Theresa - Yeah m/s does stink :(  It wasn't as bad this weekend, but we did less driving.  It's like some days are horrible and others are great, I've had a few good days so I'm hoping it's gone!  Good luck, I hope you do have your little boy!  I've got another 2 1/2 weeks till my next apt, I'm really excited to try again.  

Tausha - Awesome numbers!  You'll be about 6 weeks at your first apt, that is exciting!

Camping was fun, the rain held off until Sat night thank goodness!  
Cocalcolapanda - Love the remote idea lol!! GLad your trip went good too and I hope that m/s is gone!!!

Missmyangel - weird!! I love my mac n cheese though...craft only of course lol!! Glad you feel better about going to that concert!!

Tausha - YAH for good numbers!! Hope they give you an u/s!!

Still sick and add a sunburn on that too!! Was outside for all of an hour and a half and I look like I've been in the sun for days :( Most of it has gone today though! I guess I am starting to really get a little bump going on...looks more like a fat pouch around my middle and just starting to curve a little!! I go to the doc on wed. for a mini-checkup to monitor my m/s and to see if I've gained any weight yet!! Have a good day ladies!!!
Hi Ladies-  I hope everyone had a great weekend!

Tausha- You number is great.  I hope you do ge that U/s and the weeks go by quickly for you!

To everyone w/ m/s i hope it goes away soon.  :)

I had my shower this weekend, it was a blast.  And we got just about everything we need.  Now i just need to organize.  I put up a few pictures of the nursery after the shower,  hopefully I will have everything organized by next weekend.
Thanks Ladies:)

Cocacolapanda- I should be 7 weeks at the appt. So I'm hoping we can see the heartbeat.
Hello ladies!!!! Hope everyone is doing well...

Dana- Congrats on your baby boy!!

Tausha- those #s look great....glad you were able to get an early appt

Steph_b- hopw you enjoyed your shower that must be so exiting =)

Everything is going good I have a doctor appt today I get to see my little one again so exited!!

Just came back from my u/s, its a BOY!

babyhope-glad to hear you get to see your lil one again :)

anxiouslywaiting- I saw the HB at my 7 week u/s, though it just looked like a flashing star; I hope everything goes great at your appointment :)

Steph- Glad you had fun at your baby shower, and that your pretty much set!

trying-Sorry to hear about the sunburn :( Ya, nothing but Kraft! MMM I'm hungry now, lol.

Amy- It MUST have been the month, lol. Hope you get your boy too! There must be about 75% of us having boys in October!
To Cole or not to color your hair pregnant that is the question??
Lol that was supposed to say color :) my phone types what it wants!
Congrats on the baby boy :)
Theresa - Congrats on the boy!!  I'm so excited for you!  I am hoping that I am also having a boy, but I'd be super excited either way!  I keep staring at my ultrasound pics I put up at work trying to see if I can pick out girl or boy features.

anxiouslywaiting910 - I've seen a million posts about coloring your hair while pregnant.  There are two concerns, the first is the smell and chemicals.  When they color your hair there isn't enough that seeps into your scalp so the only concern here is to make sure it's well ventilated.  You will want to make sure your hair dresser know's your pregnant.  The second issue is the hormones while pregnant could throw the color off a bit.  You might try to die your hair red but it turns out orange or something like that.  It doesn't happen all the time, but it's something you should be warned about before doing so.  Some suggest to wait until your in the second trimester, however I know a few women who didn't wait.

Is anyone else having issues with picking out names?  I threw out the names we had picked because we couldn't name the baby we lost (didn't know the gender and cant stand any of the gender natural names), so it just doesn't seem right using either of the boy or girl names we picked out.  Now DH just hates all the names I find.  We at least have 2 girl names we both haven't crossed off the list, but the boys name is impossible!
Steph_b - glad you had a blast at your shower!!

Missmyangel - Congrats on the Baby Boy!! Great now I'm hungry lol!!

Cocacolapanda - we threw out the names from our first too and I m/c'd to early in the 2nd to even think about names :( But with this one we ended up putting some of those names back in...It's weird, I thought I'd feel bad about that but the truth is the name we have picked out for a girl was on the bottom of the list for the first one b/c I didn't like it then. I thought it wouldn't be right to add in any of those names, but when I did I didn't feel guilty at all...hope that doesn't sound harsh. With the first I wanted to name him/her Scarlette, and Olivia was at the bottom of that list...If this one is a girl I'm naming her either Olivia Marie or Olivia Lynn. I was going to name him/her Colton, but am leaning more toward Flint...DH still likes Colton, but I'm not crazy about it. You'll find a name though, DH's mom didn't find one for him until she held him, whatever you name him/her will be the perfect name!!

Got sick yesterday morning and night and then again this morning...Uhhh!! Can't wait for lunch I just want my mac n cheese!
Thanks everyone!

trying-This is becoming a pattern lol! I think I'm going to go make some blueberry pancakes to break the chain! ;p My middle name is Marie and I really like it. I also like Flint and Colton both; maybe you could use both!

anxiouslywaiting-I don't colour my hair, but I have read that its just important to read the label to make sure that it is one thats safe. Plus, maybe you could just do it outside so your not breathing in the chemicals (if you plan on just doing it at home)

Amy-I left you a note on the October forum about names. I came up with a girls name accidentally just a few days ago, and I didn't have a choice about the boys name (lol) which was the name DH had picked out for the lil one we lost. (I ended up naming ours Angel in the end though) Don't worry, you still have lots of time! Plus, if everything goes good with your second try, then you will only need to worry about picking out one name :)

I decided to just wait a while... Maybe I will feel a little more at ease about it after the first trimester I guess my roots will just have to show :) it's worth it!!
Hey Ladies!  I've been trying to stay off because my tracker is reminding me how slow everything is going!!  

Congrats to everyone who fond out the sex...looks like a lot of little boys!!!  I will hopefully find out on July 1 at 17 weeks.  Fingers crossed baby cooperates!!

Congrats to all the newly crossed over to the Belly side, LOL!!  

Tausha - Congrats on the great numbers!!  I will be praying for you!!  Oh, and the uneasyness really doesn't go away!  I'm 13w5d and I have had 3 great appointments, my at home doppler in use, and bad m/s and I still get freaked out that something is wrong!!  I'm hoping it will get better once I sart feeling the baby move but then I'll probably start freaking out if I don't think it is moving enough!!  I think it's going to be a long pregnancy for all of us who have experienced a loss!!  
Missmyangel - that's really weird because I picked up blue berry muffins yesterday at the grocery store on a whim and then here you are talking about blueberry pancakes lol!! My middle name is Marie too, but so is half my families so it may be Olivia Lynn!! Can't use both boy names b/c DH has that whole family name thing :( so it'll either be William Colton or William Flint...I like Flint better!!

Tausha...I decided to not do anything at all until after 12 weeks.  At about 14 weeks I got highlights but nothing at the roots....I, like you, just wanted to be safe than always wonder if something went wrong that I actually caused it (even though I am sure it probably wasnt the cause)....I would just not be able to forgive myself...
Oh, AMY....we are having an impossible time with boys names...AGAIN.  Ugh..I thought we would be able to use our girl name that we had picked out but now with the boy news we are back to the drawing board.  DH doesn't like anything I like, and he has no better suggestions!!! Sigh...I really want to name him soon so ds can get used to the idea.....

Thanks Gina....I pray that at some point in all of our pregnancies we just enjoy it without the constant worry :)

Dana - that is exactly what was going through my mind lol I don't think Dh and I looked at any boy names in the book my friend gave me last year. I guess I should learn from you and prepare for either. Both of our families have rooted for a girl everytime. On dh's side it's all boys.
Me and dh couldn't pick a boys name either, thankfully we are having a little princess.  I'm sitting at the drs waiting for my 32 week checkup now.   Nothing too new here beside finding out we have to move...oh the stress.....

Hope everyone else is doing well.
Hey everyone- congrats to the new BFP's- hoping you all have an uneventful 9 months.

I can't believe I'm 32 weeks- scheduled C-section for 8/5.  Can't wait to meet this little one- we decided to name her Sarah Grace.  

Looking to see if anyone else in the 3rd trimester is having horrible leg cramps/charlie horses all the time.  This last week has been every night- sometimes both legs.  My muscles actually have knots in them from cramping so much.  I think some of it is related to my job- I'm an RN and work 12 hr shifts on a busy medical floor in the hospital.  Any suggestions or tips would be great!
Mary I have been having terrible leg cramps at night... I read it is pretty common, lucky us :) I can't believe we're almost there.. I am getting anxious to meet this guy of ours!

Dana we had a terrible time with boy names, I think we finally agreed on one.

Tausha, your nerves will settle at a certain point but if you're anything like me...you'll probablly find something to worry about...LOL

I go in for an us on friday I can't wait to see him again!!

Take care everyone & try to stay cool.
Hi ladies! Glad to see everyone is doing well:) sorry I have been MIA, but this fatigue is kicking my butt. I wasn't able to read through all of the posts. But at least I can say that names are the least of DHs and I worries. We had a boy and girl name picked out since before we were TTC and as soon as I started the fertility meds I made us pick out a 2nd set in case of multiples LOL!

Tausha I can't wait for you to see/hear the HB! We saw ours at the 7w appt.
Natalie-Your so right, there is always something to worry about! Hope you get some good pics when you see your lil man :)

peterjl- I'm only halfway through my pregnancy, but I've been having charlie horses that are so bad that my legs are all tense for a few days and I end up limping from the pain. I'm on my feet all day at work too. I'm going to mention it to my OB on Monday, maybe she will give me a doctors note saying I need to have a stool or something lol.

Funny, everyone seems to be having problems with boys names, but for us it was girls names that were the problem. I'm sure everyone will come up with the perfect name soon :)
my midwife told me if I had leg cramps then I needed more calcium in my diet.
Well, went to my appt yesterday...haven't gained one single pound :-( doc is now officially watching my weight, she said they are just going to see me in two weeks and keep an eye on things and that I may have to have more u/s's just to make sure baby is on track. I now have to eat a small something every 2 hours and she said that at this point she's just pushing for me to gain at least 20 pounds but that I might not meet that goal. She said not to worry though as some ppl don't gain at all and some don't gain until that last trimester! I'm now 14 weeks and 6 days and looking chunky, can't wait till I start looking more pg!
Trying - Your only 14 weeks and your dr's yelling at you to gain more?!?  With my first pregnancy that's exactly how it was, I lost 10 lb in the first 20 weeks.  My dr yelled at me and I had to eat like your are describing.  Well I gained about 50 lb in 2 weeks.  Personally I wouldn't be concerned at all, and eat when your hungry.  If you'r not hungry every 2 hours don't eat.  I hope I don't sound harsh, it's just frustrating when I hear dr's tell pregnant women things like that.  Even with this pregnancy I'm 23 weeks and I didn't start gaining weight till about 19 or 20, I'm still down about 2 lb from where I was when I got pregnant.

Thanks for the stories about the name's.  My husband just hasn't had time to look more, I'm ready to just have the name picked out but he wants to look more.  Well maybe we'll find out in about two weeks if it's a boy or girl.  I'm not expecting we'll find out, but it sure would be nice!
Amy-Really hope you do find out! It would make things so much easier I'm sure. Wow, I've gained a good 15 pounds already. I guess thats the consequence of not having m/s! I need  to watch my weight that I don't gain too much more ;p

Steph-Thanks for the tip! I've been trying hard to get enough calcium. My OB was actually asking me about that, and I told her it was hard, so she told me to make sure I'm taking my prenatals then. Its just so difficult to try to keep everything at a balance! I actually have been making more of an effort to get more calcium, but if it helps with these leg cramps I'll definately try harder!
Well girls...just had an OB appointment yesterday and things look good!  I am only up two pounds from last month which is good because I know I have a ways to go yet!!  :)  Baby's hr was 153 and she commented again...."LOTS of movement in there"....I'm a little scared this one is going to keep me on my toes!!!  yikes! :)  

Natalie...I'm glad you have settled on a name!  We are still at a loss. Maybe we will end up calling him what Taylor suggested....Chipmunk! :)  Love to hear what a 3 year old suggests...  if it was a girl it was Marshmallow!! HAHA....

Cocacolapanda - She's not really yelling, she actually told me that some ppl don't gain weight at all and some just gain the minimal but as long as baby is on track weight gain or loss doesn't really matter!! I think she has me eating a small snack every two hours to help with the m/s - I've had that everyday this week and I think she's concerned that that may be the reason I haven't put on a pound yet :-( I am so so sorry that your doctor was a big fat meanie face though. I think our bodies pretty much know how to do this and if it's not in the same bracket as the "normal" then so be it, we are all different and unique!! I hope you switched doctors, I wouldn't stay with s/one who yells or treats me like I'm an idiot!

Still sick...15 weeks today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So happy to finally see my ticker actually say 2nd trimester lol!! Now hopefully the morning sickness'll go away and I'll gain a little weight!!
Dana  - That's awesome your apt went well!  I've heard some women say that they had very active babies in the womb but when they came out they weren't nearly as active.  Then there's my son who was born kicking and didn't stop.  Also that's awesome your only up 2 lb!  

Theresa - yeah, watch what types of foods your eating.  I've just started to be able to eat more so I've been watching what I eat.  I bring more fruit and veggies to nibble on during work and so far that's helped.  For example today I've got two banana's a bag of grapes and a grapefruit.  There low in callories compared to things like a bag of chips, etc, and there better for your baby.  Also, watch your portions, if your eating more often in the day you should be eating smaller meals for lunch and supper.  I've started to put less on my plate and make myself wait about 30 min after eating to decide if I'm still hungry or if I've actually filled up.  (I know it's hard when your craving things).  
Amy- I do eat a lot of fruit and veggies. I make salads and cut fruit for a grocery store, so I don't have an excuse lol. Today I ate 2 bananas for breakfast (normally I eat a bowl of shreddies, but when I poured the milk on this morning it had started to curdle so I skipped it) a salad for my first break and grapes for my second break. Then came home and made a sandwich from the roast beef we had last night and a piece of cheese. I also eat a lot of yogurt, and I do try to span my meals about 2-3 hours apart and eat smaller meals at dinner. If I do get a craving for sweets I limit myself. Usually I just eat one or two of those halloween sized chocolate bars. IDK I really think its just because I never had a problem with m/s that I've gained so much already. (Plus I'm tall for a girl.)

trying- Grats on being 15 weeks :) Soon the fun stuff will start! (baby kicking, the gender u/s..)

Dana-Glad to hear your appointment went well :) Ha ha, thats so cute that Taylor suggested Marshmallow and Chipmunk. Well, you wouldn't have to worry about everyone in his class having the same name!
Theresa and Amy. Thanks!  Yes I am starting to finally relax about this pregnancy..and yes, I think it's taken this long!!  I am trying to enjoy it.  People are finally starting to notice a bit so that's been fun...of course, if one more person asks me how I'm feeling....LOL....same as yesterday when you asked!!  HAHA!!!  

I was just thinking how cool it would be to schedule my c-section for 10/10/10...unfortunately it's a Sunday...boo...but hey, ya never know...maybe the lil guy will want that to be his bday and decide to come early!!  

Hi ladies =)  I had an appt today where I met with my OB for the first time.  My clinic has a total of 3 so eventually I'll rotate through all of them.

We just went through the typical stuff and I was thrilled to hear her give me the go ahead to have a can of Pepsi a day!  No m/s or any other symptoms, but I can barely make it through the afternoon without drifting off - LOL.  By the end of the appt I was practially begging for a u/s, but she wouldn't give in and compromised on bringing in a doppler.  She was surprised at how quickly she was able to pick up the HB (I'm only 10w) and it was a nice strong 163 bpm.

My next appt is in 2 weeks for the u/s for the NT scan.  Can wait to see the little P'Nut again =)

What kind of dopplers did the rest of you ladies get?  I'm thinking of searching e-bay for one?
Dana one of my coworkers are getting married on 10/10/10 that would be cool!!

Bridgette-I feel you on the fatigue!!!  I am in bed every night by 9 at the latest and have been taking naps on the weekends. I am just exhausted all the time.  I am going to beg for a u/s but I think they are going to do one anyways because the lady was giving me a hard time about scheduling it early because of what they could see at a certain time blah blah..

I am excited that I am doing good and praying daily that it continues!!!  This will be the first time I have stayed pregnant long enough to make it to my first ob appt :)

YAY Tausha!!  I told DH the last time I felt this drained was when I had mono in HS.  Also the forgetfullness - LOL  I had a whole bunch of questions for the dr and I knew that I should have wrote them down . . . but I fogot!  I can't wait until you get to your appt.  Do you know aprox what your due date is yet?
Bridgette- Due day is feb7/8th I think I think they are going to be about 2 days off because I have a shorter LP than the 14 days they use to calculate.  Lol at forgetting my memory has always been terrible so I don't think I would notice mine getting any worse.  June 21st needs to hurry up and get here I can't wait for my first appt!!  I spilled the beans to my parents tonight :)
Wow, I just went over the list and about cried.  Not just for all the success but after all these years how many names I recognize and realize how amazing it is that we all went through this journey together.  And now Bridgette :)

Bridgette- I can not believe you of all people didn't go with a list!!  I always had tons of questions and if I didn't write down every single thing I would have left without asking anything I wanted to know.
Hi Ladies-  I'm off to get Ashlynn's second nursery ready (I had just finished the one at my apt when we found out we have to move)  Luckily my parents are letting us stay with them for awhile so we can buy a house.  So off to Nana and Grampy's house to get Ashlynn's new nursery ready.

Bridgette-  I ALWAYS forget my questions for the Drs.  I really need to write all my questions down, and I mean to do that and then I forget to do that....

Tausha-  Enjoy you time with your parents :)

I hope everyone has a great weekend!
Hi girls...I had my u/s yesterday. Everything is going well. This little man weighs nearly 7 lbs and I still have 5 1/2 weeks to go. I think I may have another 9 lb baby if he doesn't show up until his due date. It would be really nice to have him a few weeks early but I just don't have a feeling that will happen.

Bridgette, so happy to hear your appt went well and the doc listened to the hb. I purchased my doppler from amazon for around $60. It was the sonoline pocket fetal dopplerr. Rosie and a few others got the same one and everyone liked it as far as I know. It saved me so much worry early on when I didn't have a lot of symptoms and b/4 I felt movement. Even on days when he moves less, I sometimes use it. I say it was well worth the money.

Dana, Are you having a c-section for sure? I know you had one with your ds... Did you find out if the placenta has moved up yet? I feel so out of the loop with my laptop down. I barely get a chance to get on here or fb....

Take carre everyone!
Brigette: So glad things are going well.  I actually never bought a doppler because I knew that would make me stress out!!  Especially after that one appt. I had where they had a hard time finding it...I am glad you didn't have that experience!  

Tausha and Bridgette: For sure, the fatigue is killer...and the memory loss....hate to say but that doesn't get any better!  The fatigue does, a little...at least in the middle of the pregnancy!  In my first trimester I was snoozing on the couch by 7pm and then would go up to bed around nine but I mean i was OUT!  And I ususally don't sleep well on the couch with the tv on....

Natalie:  Yes the placenta has moved (still not totally up and that is why they are having me get another u/s on the 28th) but I guess it's more the fact that no one can tell me for sure that I won't end up in the same perdicament...and I am just more concerned about the recovery.  Everyone I've talked to says that a scheduled section is a lot easier to recover from.  So....I guess that's what it will be unless the baby has a plan of his own!!  
So glad your u/s went well....big boy! :)  I cant believe you are getting so close!!  Miss ya!!!
Natalie:  I wouldn't really take the Drs estimates too seriously though...as they kept telling me I was going to have a big baby and by the end I thought I was going to have an elephant and he was less than 8 lbs....lol.  And I've known people that the drs say the baby is going to be small and they end up being bigger!!  
Hello all!  Wow ... haven't been here in awhile and there is SO much to read!  I have been SO sick (not the good kind, but sick with a cough for the past 4 weeks).  I'll be 20 weeks tomorrow, half way there!

Wanted to let you know about my ultrasound.  Everything went perfect and now we know the sex ... duh duh duh duh ... GIRL!  Looks like I'm on the pink team!

The ultrasound was awesome and the tech was SO good!  We actually made it all the way through the ultrasound without deciding whether or not to find out the sex so finally asked her to put it in an envelope and took it with us.  Then we picked up the kids and took them to lunch.  As a family we decided to open the envelope and read the gender.  So excited to have another little girl.  I have one of each right now, 11 and 7.  Whew... starting over!!!
Congrats Pips! :)  How wonderful.  Your children must be excited for the new addition...they will be such good help to you when you have her!  

22 weeks for me...yippee! :)  Little guy likes to be awake late at night and early in the morning!!  LOL!!!  
Congrats Pips!!  How great; a little princess =)  I hope you start feeling better soon.  I'm just happy to have made it to the 10 week so far, so half way behind you!!

I'm still debating on whether to get a doppler or not.  I just don't know it it will add to or decrease my stress . . .
Glad to see everyone is doing well. Also, happy to say all is well with me 6 weeks today =)  8 days until my first apt... Come on June 21st!!
Theresa - well pregnancy hits everyone differently.  They do say that once the baby gets bigger it makes it so your stomach doesn't have as much room for food so some women who gain a lot in the beginning can either just stay still or even loose a little.

Bridgette - Why couldn't you have a can of Pepsi a day?  I'm glad your apt went well and you got to hear the heartbeat!  and I know what you mean about being tired all the time.  When I was pregnant with my first I would go to bed at 7 and sleep for 11 hours, plus take naps on the weekends.  With a toddler it's hard to get to sleep that early, and forget about naps!  

I keep a list of my questions for my dr on my phone, it's always with me so when I think of one I type it out in the notes section of my apt.  When it reminds me of my apt It shows the notes too!  I honestly don't know what I would do with out my phone, I would forget everything!

Natalie - I hope you are early, if not hopefully your little one will sleep through the night faster!  They do say bigger babies sleep through the night early, and from my friends it seems that was fairly true.

Pips - Congrats on the girl!  That's so exciting, so many cute girl things!

Not too much new here, I was wondering though.  Do any of you who wear contacts find that while pregnant you get a lot more eye buggers?  (Or I guess notice it even if you don't wear them?)  I swear I'm getting 10 times more eye buggers, and it's so annoying when I'm working etc.  

I decided against getting a Doppler, I've heard from several friends (and even a few dr's) that if you don't really know how to use it they aren't all that accurate until you feel the baby move.  It's not easy to find the baby, some women have a lot of luck with it, others have a hard time and either pick up nothing or there own heartbeat instead.  I decided that I would not stress about it, I really wanted to get one, but figured it would make me freak out even more.
Well ladies.  I havent been on here very often and now I know why.  It just took me about 45 minutes to read all of the entries and catch up on all of your baby stories.  

Does anyone else get completely crazy right before an appt.  I am due for my 12 week appt on Friday and I am already starting to think of the worst.  Is this normal?
Oops.  I posted before I was done.  I am glad that all of you seem to be doing great...It is so crazy to me that we all met on here because of something terrible in our lives.  It truly makes me believe that everything happens for a reason.
Needs answers: Yes, On the way to my early appointments I would actually cry on my way to them thinking that I don't know what I'd do if I had bad news at the appt.  I think it's natural after a m/c to think that way.  As I've said before I am JUST starting to relax about things and I'm over half way there!!  
Well I had a scare today, (which may influence you decision about the doppler Bridgette) when I went in for my prenatal appointment, they sent in a  student doctor first. She asked me some questions then tried to use the doppler. Well she tried for like five minutes to hear Kirks heartbeat and couldn't find it. I'm so glad I had my Mom with me! Even the doctor took a few tries when she came in. Then she finally found it, and just said, "Well, your baby does like to lie really low, eh?" It wasn't my regular OB, she is the other OB at that hospital so they wanted me to meet her just in case she ends up delivering the baby.

need_answers- yes, I do get anxious before appointments as well. Its not so bad now that I'm feeling daily movements though. Your right, it was fate that brought us all together.

anxiouslywaiting-grats on making it to six weeks :) Hope your first appointment goes well, and time flies fast for you.

Bridgette-Woo hoo on making it to ten weeks! I was told by my OB that at 10 weeks the chances of a m/c go down to 3%. Yay :)

Pips-congrats on making it to 20 weeks, and on joining the PINK team :)
Amy - My RE told me NO caffeine at all and I was so scared I wasn't about to disobey - LOL.  But my OB said the 30mg in one can of Pepsi should be just fine.  Although, I seem to be eating a lot of chocolate lately, so I guess I should count that caffeine too.  Good idea about the phone!  I just got a blackberry, so I'll have to try that.  I wear contacts, and I do find them slightly more uncomfortable.  I do have more boogies, but I think that's just because I put a brand new pair in and that often happens to me.

Needs_answers - yes, I think it's perfectly normal to be scared and nervous especially right before an appt.  You should have heard me beg my dr for a u/s on Friday.  I must have sounded like a lunatic!!!  Even after hearing the HB then, I was just now laying in bed thinking that I didn't feel anything in my bbs and started to get a panicky feeling.  But I guess it's all part of the job.  Don't forget too, that our hormones are going all out of wack and that HAS to be contributing to our edginess.  I just try to take deep breaths through the rough spots and pray for the best, but prepare for the worst.  I think we'll feel alot better when we can feel our little beans moving about!

Theresa - yes, that is definitely one of the reasons for NOT getting the doppler.  I just don't know.  My dr had such an easy time of finding the HB, althrough she pressed down really hard.  I don't think I could press down that hard.  I'm going to try to make it to my 12w u/s and then go from there.  Maybe I can just keep convincing myself that I don't need it.

Tausha - congrats on making it to the 6 week mark!!  Yay for your sticky little bean =)
Needs_answers - Yes, I'm always crazy before an apt!  Once I started to feel the baby kick around more it's starting to turn more into excitement to hear the heartbeat (and a week from tomorrow a second shot at finding out the gender hopefully!).  Until I felt the baby move and knew 100% that was the baby I was so freaked and scared to death I'd get bad news. Even before the 20 week ultrasound, I was just scared to death that we'd find something wrong.  And yes, everything does happen for a reason.  I'm stronger and appreciate everything I have much more this time.

Theresa - Now that you mention it, I think at one of my early apts with my first pregnancy a student had issues finding the baby's heartbeat too.  At that point I didn't have a miscarriage and I just took it off as they didn't know what they were doing, which luckily was true.
THanks girls for making me feel like I am not the only crazy lunatic.  I called the office this morning and told them that I think something is not right and I have an ultrasound at 11:00.  I just pray that this is all in my head and everything is ok.  I will keep you all posted of course.
hi ladies!  I hope everyone is doing well.  I've been busy packing and getting ready to move.  We have to be out of our apt by the 1st of July.  I did get Ashlynn's nursey at my parents painted and will spend some time this week getting it set up.  I actually like her room at my parents more than the one she was going to have at our apartment, it has more character.  I will put some pictures up when I finish it.  Other than my blood pressure being slightly high I'm doinge really well.

Answers-  My first few appointments were VERY emotional for me.  On the way to the appointments I would get so worked up about something being wrong.  Luckily I have calmed down a lot.  I think my doppler kept me sane until I could feel her kicking around.

Bridgette- Congrats on 10 weeks.  Time will start to fly by soon :)
I'm pregnant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I finally get to come over!!!!!!
Yay!!! :)  Congrats hudsy!  A Valentine's baby...how cool!!

And about the Doppler thing, I had a scare at my 12 week appointment too where they had to get an u/s to find the hb.  So, I decided not to get one because I would be driving myself crazy!!

Need some answers:  I hope all is well!
Congrats hudsy!!!  Feb is a beautiful month for babies =)
Congrats hudsy!!  That's awesome!

Steph_b - I'm glad things are going well, hopefully once you move and can relax a little your bp will go down some!

I've actually been feeling mostly good.  A little tired, still a little m/s but not too bad.  Tomorrow is when I would have been due with my miscarriage and I'm not really sure how I feel about it.  It's also DH's and my 4th anniversary.  I don't really feel sad, and I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing.  I'm kind of feeling somewhat at peace I think.
OMG!!!  YAY ALICIA!!  How exciting!!  You have to keep me posted on everything!
Congrats Hudsy and welcome!!

Well ladies I've been mia...but only because I'm still sick. 15 weeks 5 days and nothing new here, but as they say no news is good news! I have an appt next wed to check my weight and take the last blood test for the downs test. I really wish they were giving me an ultrasound...I want to know what I'm having *sniffle sniffle* I have a chance to get an ultrasound done somewhere else to find out (friends in high places) but DH said NO and is making me wait...Which is so hard since I don't usually listen to him lol!! Well, hope everyone is doing good!
Thanks everyone....trying to not get too excited until my first ultrasound. What week do they usually hear the baby's heartbeat?
They saw mine on ultrasound at 7 weeks ... but didn't listen for it with a doppler until 13 weeks.
They should be able to see it on an u/s around 6-7 weeks but I was 9 weeks for my first one...  
ok thanks. I want one ASAP. Last time I was prego I waited til week 11 and that's how I found out my baby didn't have a heartbeat so I'd like to know sooner than later!!!
Yes that is the worst.  Last time my m/c was at 7 weeks and I found out shortly around then, so this time I scheduled my first at 7 weeks but we got a huge snowstorm and they cancelled my appointment, so I had to wait until 9 weeks!!  It was the most nerve wracking time, but I had to place all my faith in God and know that I wasn't in control anyway, so I did a lot of praying!!!  
trying - Having a gender ultrasound at 15 weeks is still early, some dr's wait till 20 weeks.  With my first my dr wanted to wait until I was at least 25-27 weeks, he said it's easier to tell when there a little bigger.  Just think, your already 15 weeks 5 days, you can't be that far away from your 20 week ultrasound!

hudsy - You can see it on an ultrasound anywhere between 5 1/2 - 6 1/2 weeks (A friend of mine didn't see it till the almost 7 week mark, and at 6 weeks we didn't really see a heartbeat).  At 9 or 10 weeks you *MIGHT* be able to hear the heartbeat.  Typically by 14 weeks you should be able to hear it with a Doppler.  I didn't hear it on the Doppler till 13 weeks (due to when dr apts were).  Also, some women still can't hear the heartbeat at 11 weeks, with my missed miscarriage my dr said it's normal not to hear it at 11 weeks.
Hi Ladies-  Jsut stopping in to say hi.

Congrats Alicia!   I got my first u/s at 8 weeks and was able to see the heartbeat then.  I'm glad I didn't have to wait too long, however those few weeks between the bfp and the u/s seemed like they passed so slowly.

I'm doing ok-  I'm off to the Midwife in a few minutes to get my backache checked out.  The past few days I have been SO uncomfortable.  The phone nurse seems to think it might be a bladder infection. I don't care what it is as long as they make me feel better.  In desperation last night me and hubby went out and bought a new bad.  I can't wait until Tuesday when it get delivered!

Hope everyone is doing well
Hudsy - I actually heard a heartbeat with my first ultrasound 6 weeks 4 days.  It was only at 117 beats per minute which was normal at that time.  I had another one at 7 weeks and the heartbeat was 128 bpm.  I think you should get an ultrasound when you feel you need one.  I am 12 weeks and I have had 3 already.  My doctor gives me one when I request it.  It gives me peace of mind which is what I need.  WIth my mis I could hear a heartbeat all the way up to 13 weeks and the next time nothing.  I think no matter what you do and how many ultrasounds you have that uneasy fear will not truly go away until about 40 weeks.  My DH has just come to terms with the fact that this will be a rollercoaster for the next 28 weeks.
This is probably a TMI question but I just wanted to know if anyone else is experiencing the same thing I am.  Since I became pregnant I havent been able to BD with my husband.  Not that I cant....I am just afraid to.  I know all the facts say that nothing can happen to the baby and it is perfectly safe but I just cant.  Am I completely insane or is this normal?  DH would love for me to quit the craziness but what is the point on doing something I would not enjoy because I would be nervous the entire time.
needs-answers-  I was really nervous the first few time me na dhubby bd'd after the bfp.  I think it's very normal.  We try to do everything possible to make sure our babies are safe.  I finally was able to relax and enjoy bding again after awhile.  

Just got back from the Dr. and they think I have a kidney infection developing.  I had to get blood drawn and do a 24 hour urine collection (oh fun)  Good thing I can work from home! The Dr. didn't seem concerned about the infection.  Good news is my BP was back down to normal :)
needs-answers - I was like that too, but I bit the bullet and started a little slow after a few times It didn't bother me that much.  Honestly if I didn't just do it I don't think I would have gotten over that fear.

Steph - Sorry about the kidney infection, at least since it's developing they caught it early!  If you were having pack issues I was actually going to suggest a Chiropractor.  As your boobs and belly get bigger it throws things off balance.  Once I got to about 15 weeks I've noticed an increase in issues (so far mostly from the boobs getting bigger).  Wow, I was just looking at the top, you've got about 6 weeks left!  How are you feeling other than your back (and bladder infection)?

Need answers - you are not alone!!!  Poor Dh hasn't gotten any since I found out :( I want to BD but I am just paranoid...I just need that first us to know all is well. I know it wouldn't hurt the baby but after 2 losses I just don't want to risk anything!!
HI girls passing by to see how everyone is doing.

Hudsy congrats and welcome!! Happy and healthy 9 months ahead,
Bridgette, congrats on 10wks!!

Oh Steph i feel you. It was 2weeks ago today that i told my ob that i had light pink when i wiped after urinating, they figured it was my cervix. Well this tuesday when i went to the bathroom i had blood in my urine and blood clots. Turns out that i must have gotten a UTI, and it went into my kidneys, I'm currently on antibiotics and feeling much better. I was uncomfortable having pain in my righ side in my back. and pressure down below which they thought was the baby pressuring me below.  
Steph- I am just starting antibiotics for similar symptoms.  This last week my back is hurting and burning so bad.  I've had more contractions and so much pressure.  I did a UA which didn't show much bacteria, but they are going to treat me anyway since I have symptoms.  Hopefully it helps, otherwise I have to go back on Monday to see what else could be going on.  Good luck and hope you feel better!
Roosie & Peterjl-  I had no idea this was so common, but my symptoms match yous identically.  Hopefully I will be able to get some meds soon and start my recovery :)

Other than that I have been feeling really well!
Hello ladies just stopping to see how everyone is doing.

Need_answers- I think we all feel the same way specially after a loss but just take it slowly it's better to do thing at your own time feeling good about it

Steph & Peterjl- I hope antibiotics  help both of you and you feel better soon

Rossie- Happy to see you stop by....glad to hear you are feeling better....you must be very exited you are almost there =)

I had Dr. appt on Monday they check my stiches everything is well....was able to hear my jellybean's heart beat strong and loud....I am so excited about this coming Thursday I have my scan and if my jelly bean allow us to see we will find out the gender =)
Thanks Ana! Im feeling way better... How exciting. Have any inklings to what your having?
My due date is officially 1/15/2010...9 weeks and 6 days today...Congrats to all the other ladies...
16 weeks today!! I caved and am taking zofran...I threw up for 6 days straight until last saturday when I got a break for the day and then threw up from Sunday to yesterday. I didn't want to take any medicine but I just can't help it :-(

I hope eveyone else is doing good on this wonderful Friday! Have a great weekend yall!
Hi everyone...one more month to go for me! It sure would be nice to have him a few weeks early but I suppose he'll be here when it's time. I had my nst today, it went well...I had it done at the hospital this time b/c my dr is out of town. It was nice to see the birthing rooms and everything.

need some answers...don't feel badly about not bd'ing. I am also very paranoid since my loss and we haven't bd'ed since I got my bfp. At first I was way too freaked out, then the ms prevented us then the fear od preterm labor due to uterine contractions from bd'ing and now the bump is just way too big...lol. I say if bd'ing is going to make you nervous then just don't do it. Maybe once you're further along you'll feel better.

Mary, glad to hear you're doing well..other than your back. Mine is really starting to hurt all the time but it's from the big belly and not a uti...hope you get it taken care of soon.

Rosie, wow...you're 38 weeks! Any contractions yet? Hope you can get your uti fixed asap...it's miserable!  Can't wait to see your little man!!
Ok ladies...came back from my appt today and doctor said they found that I have placenta previa.  THe doctor told me not to worry too much since I am only at 12 weeks and it might correct itself...he begged me not to look it up online...so what did I do...I raced home and looked it up.  Have any of you had previa and how did everything work out for you?  He told me it is not too big of a deal because even if it doesnt correct itself they will do a c-section at 36 weeks to ensure all is well.  Should I be worried this early?
I am sooo glad I refrained from BDing...doc said it might have been a good idea.
Need some answers:  I was diagnosed with partial placenta previa and now I still have a low lying placenta.  They saw mine at 12 weeks also.  The dr. did not seem worried and I of course looked it up also and was thinking the worst (preterm labor, etc etc.) but at my 20  week u/s it has shifted but they still are calling it low lying.  After my first appointment I was put on pelvic rest...so we weren't allowed to bd until my next u/s and after this one she said we could resume sexual activity (to my husbands excitement..not really to mine...lol) but other than that, things have been fine.  They say you can experience some bleeding, but if you do, let the dr. know but it's probably related to that and nothing wrong with the baby.  I have had relatives and friends have it and they did experience bleeding in their last trimester but were still able to deliver vaginally.  If it still persists by the time of delivery they may do a c-section.  

My dr. told me basically that it's an incidental finding because they do u/s more often now but as the pregnancy progresses, most cases will resolve.  Try not to worry...I know that's easier said than done...
Hey Natalie im feeling so much better and on antibiotic. As for contractions i have had none!!!! I have dropped a little, and i actually just posted belly pics i just took now in my pj's lol. But i never had contractions with my daughter. i just broke and that was it and i hope im lucky this time around as well. Only think is i had my daughter at 35wks 3 days and with Jeyden i'm 38wks today, i feel fine im thinking i may make it to my due date of july 2 two weeks from now.
Dana- thank you so much for your response.  I cant believe I am saying this but I am not very nervous about it at all.  I figure they will keep track of it and do what is best so I shouldnt have to worry.  For once I am leaving it in the doc's hands.  Besides....doc said the one good thing is I will have lots of ultrasounds to monitor it so I will get to see the baby a lot more than most women.  At least there is a plus side right?

Are they still monitoring yours?  Are you able to give birth naturally or they havent decided that yet?  I hope I dont have to do a c-section.  Not that there is anything wrong with it...I just know the recovery is a little more intense (sister had c-section with all three of her kiddos)  She doesnt recommend it if at all possible to avoid.  I will do whatever is safe for both me and the baby.
Rossie- I am very excited for Thursday to come..I really don't have an idea of my jelly bean's gender but my hubby has a feeling it's a girl he was right with out little angel hopefully we'll be able to see on Thursday... I know my mother-in-law will be thrill there are no girls hubby has 4 brothers and 2 nephews so we'll see if boys keep ruling or if we will add a little princess to the family.
So funny ... it seems that so many of us experience the same issues at the same time!

As for backache ... I know most are talking about lower back pain.  Does anyone have pain higher?  I keep waking with pain between my shoulder blades (a frequent source of back pain pre-pregnancy btw), but also pain high on my stomach, like where the diaphram would be and in the chest as well.  The worst part is the back though ... I'm wondering what the real source is and if the others are just displaced pain.  My doc has approved ibuprofin for contractions, so I have been taking that when it happens and I can eventually fall back asleep.  It's so hard to tell what's really going on because all the organs are being pushed in odd places, so who knows what's really hurting!

As for bding ... yeah, not much going on here!  First ... just way too tired.  Then ... was sick with bad cough for over 4 weeks.  Now that I'm finally feeling better, the pressure is becoming an issue!  I had pressure issues with my last (to term) pregnancy as well, but everything is starting earlier with this one!  Guess that's baby # 3 for ya!  But when  you feel like you are turning inside out, who wants any bd action?  LOL  tmi I know...  :)
forgot to mention ... I get bad contractions when we bd also.  I actually get contractions all the time, but it's nothing that changes the cervix so far.  The doc is letting me take ibuprofen for that when it's too bothersome.  I just had to promise to quit taking it by 36 weeks...  
stephb, cocacolapanda- thanks so much! I think i'm going to wait until 8 weeks for my ultrasound.

need_answers- I think you're right about it never getting easier! I'll breathe a sigh of relief after my first trimester but every week will be scary until then. I'm trying to be happy and realistic at the same time! Thanks for your response
Ana - i look forward to thursday and you finding out what your having. good luck.
need_answers - my BF had placenta previa and it cleared up for her.  She had a vaginal birth right on time.  Yes, the upside is you DO get to see the little bean more =)

I finally broke down and bought a doppler.  I ordered it on Wednesday, so it should be here sometime this week.  It seems as if I spend every minute of every day terrified that something is wrong, so I really hope this will give me some peace of mind.

Rossie - I can't believe how close you are!!!  Can't wait to see the baby pics!!
Need some answers: I haven't but I know a few women who have had it.  One lady was put on bedrest and taken off about a week before her wedding!  Both her and the baby are doing great.  The other few women I've known who had it were on and off bed rest, delivered early and had/have healthy babies.  Just try to listen to your dr and your body.

Pips - Did your boobs get bigger about the time you started having those higher back pains?  What you describe is what I've had twice so far and my Chiropractor fixed it.  I guess as your boobs get bigger it can make your ribs out of alignment or something like that.

Well Not too much new with me.  My big toes have been becoming dis-located a lot lately (It's happened like twice before I got pregnant, and it happens a few times a week now).  I'm having my Chiropractor take a look at it, I talked to her yesterday and she wasn't surprised.  Other than that not much else is new.  I'm taking a tour of the hospital tomorrow, then Wednesday's my next dr apt.  I'm hoping we can find out the gender!
Need some answers: They are continuing to monitor it just as a precaution, but since I had a c-section with ds they aren't really concerned about that.  And you are right, the recovery period is the down side.  I am still struggling with my decision to do vbac or not...I guess I'm leaning to a scheduled c-section because I guess it's a better recovery if it is planned.  But there really shouldn't be a reason why I HAVE to have another c-section....sigh....

Me neither Bridgette and i think things are finally starting to happen. Im 38wks 3days and i think im starting to loose my mucous plug. sorry TMI, lol. So just a waiting game for me. My mom flies in wednesday...

How is everyone doing?
Hello ladies...no knew news on my end...just tired, growing, eating, resting, enjoying the fact that I am pregnant.  I hope you all are too.  I wish all of your DHs a Happy Father's Day or a Happy Father to Be Day!
hi ladies- I have a TMI question-  How do you know when you are loosing your muocus plug??  I seem to have a lot more going on down there the last few days and I'm not sure if that's what it is???  (thank goodness I have all you ladies to ask these questions)

How's everyone else doing?
Haven't been sick in 5 days thanks to zofran...which I didn't take today and haven't gotten sick!! So nothing really new here, I go to the doc tomorrow to check my weight...hopefully I've gained but as of last sat I'm still 128 :-( 16 weeks 4 days...wish they were doing an ultrasound so I could find out what I am having since DH won't let me find out at work :-(

So anything new with you ladies? Oh hey, forgot to mention one of those things the books said would happen (the ones that never happen) actually happend!! It's gross but the book said that some clear liquid could come out of my boobies at this time and it did!! I showed DH too!! He was all like don't be doing that too much you might mess something up lol!! Have a good day yall!!

Wow, its been about a week since I've had the time to get on here, and I've missed so much! LOL. I've been feeling more confident as I'm starting to feel regular movement throughout the day. I had a scare yesterday though, as I felt the baby do a flip a couple days ago around 2pm and then nothing after that. I tried sugary stuff, oranges, lying still, and nothing..So as soon as the office opened yesterday I called them, and they got me in right away to hear the HB. So when I got home I gave my belly a good skake and started poking it in hopes that I would annoy him enough to turn back over, and it worked! lol.

Hudsy-congrats on your BFP :)

Bridgette-LOL! I guess I've experienced both sides of the fence in the last week concerning getting a doppler; first they couldn't find a HB, then I was wishing I had one to check on my lil one when he gave me that scare!

babyhope-hope all goes well and you get to find out the gender :)

need_answers-I'm the same way about BDing. I haven't since I got my BFP either. I just feel uncomfortable with the thought that if I had any bleeding or contractions afterwards I would have a freak out. Luckily DH feels the same. if I bring it up, he gets visions of poking him in the eye or something! LMAO!
Steph-I forgot to mention that conversation we were all having a couple of weeks ago about charlie horses and leg cramps, I was told to start taking calcium pills. Thanks for the good advice! Do you know if its better to take the straight calcium, or the calcium magnesium ones? I got the calcium magnesium ones as I figured it wouldn't hurt.
Missmyangel- From what I've heard (my mother used to be a nutritionist and she's the one who filled me in)  Calcium is good, but the body needs the magnesium to actually absorb the calcium so it's best when you take them combined.  I hope it helps :)
Help!! Is jumping up and down dangerous? Not as an exercise but say as in I got really excited and kinda jumped up and down a bit...not for long but I couldn't help it :-( just need to know whether or not I hurt the baby. 16 weeks 4 days!
trying- I think you should be all set.  Baby is protected pretty well in there.  I wouldn't worry :)
Trying- you wouldn't hurt the baby, you might pull a mussel in your belly but that's about it.  (I've done that a few times, lol).
Steph-Thanks so much! I'm glad I got the right ones :)

trying-Not to worry, I know from pregnancy books that its ok to jog if your accustomed to it, so a bit of jumping won't hurt. I've caught myself jogging on occasion when the lights about to turn red or something. I also know its ok to shake your belly too (not too vigorously) to help with babies sleeping patterns, or in my case, I shook my belly the other day to get Kirk turned back around so he would stop worrying me!
My dr's apt went well, in 4 weeks I get that yucky glucose test and RH shot (YUCKY)!!  However, we did find out the gender!  Were having a little girl!
Congrats on the little girl Amy =)
Thanks girls...doc said same thing lol!! Just a momentary freakout!!

Cocacolapanda - CONGRATS!!! A little girl are you thrilled??

Well I gained my first 3lbs!!! 16w6d!! I go back on July 21st to find out what the baby is!!

Have a great Thursday everyone!! After all the weekend is almost here!
I'm excited it's a girl, but also disappointed at the same time.  I kinda had a feeling that she's a girl after looking at my 3D ultrasound photos, I can see several of my features in her face.  I did really want another boy though, and having one of each means when they are older they can't share a room so we need to re-arrange our living conditions, and I'd prefer not to move again I love our Condo!
Well, it's  been a while. I have caught up a little, but not enough (I'll have to do it when I have more time). Iceland was great. When I got home I found out that I am having another boy! So, the girls are outnumbered in our house now. That's ok, we have strong enough personalities to over-power these boys anyway ;) I am thrilled!

Congrats to Missmyangel on your little boy and Cocacolapanda on your little girl! Don't worry Cocacolapanda, I kind of felt the same way when I found out I was having my daughter (even though I did want a girl I was thinking that maybe I wanted another boy so that my son would have a brother), but once you have her you will be so glad that you have a little girl! They are so much fun!

Sorry if I missed any congrats that are due, but I'll hopefully get to catch up more later. Hope all is well with everyone.
I didn't see that you got an answer to your question about the mucous plug. You will most likely know it when it happens. I realized it with my first without ever having experienced it before. It is like ALOT of discharge and I think it is usually discolored (like brown). You could lose it gradually, or all at once. Remember though, you can lose your plug weeks before you even give birth (sorry if that's not good news). Good luck!
I bet when she's older and your picking out prom dresses or trying on wedding dresses or putting your hand to her stomach when she's pregnant your not going to care that she couldn't share a room with her brother. You might still blame her if you have to move though lol!!
annalc - awesome!   I'm glad you had a great trip and congrats on the boy!!  It is starting to grow on me.

Steph - I missed your mucus plug question too, with my first I had no clue I lost it till my dr told me I did.  I lost it gradually.  My dr said if you loose it gradually you might not notice it, but if you do loose it all at once you will most likely notice it.  I do think it was at least a month before I gave birth after loosing my mucus plug too :(

Trying - You are SO right.  You made me cry just thinking about those days!  
Thanks Ladies- I'm not sure if that's whats going on or not.  I will mention it to the Dr. today.  It doesn't matter either way.  I know I just need to be patient and wait for the next 5/6 weeks to go by.  I am really getting sick of working  though.  I think with us moving it's making it harder.  I feel like I work all day, and I'm so tired when I get home, but I have to pack up a few more boxes.  Hopefully after the weekend we will be all moved!  I keep reminding myself that the end is in sight.

How's everyone else doing?
Cocacolapanda - I started crying a little when I wrote it...and then again when I read your response...hormones lol!

Speaking of hormones I forgot to tell you guys that I went to the movies Wed. after my doc appt. and they were out of my gourmet popcorn...I started tearing up but hid that the best I could from DH...as soon as we started heading toward the room our movie was playing in I excused myself to the bathroom where I promptly started balling my eyes out lol!! All over popcorn!! I went back to the concession stand 20 minutes later and they had it lol!!

17 weeks today!! Tired and still have to pee alot lol!! Hope you ladies have a great weekend!
Ha ha, that's great! I almost started crying yesterday because my husband had a beer and it sounded so good!
Trying: I've been peeing non stop..it's SO annoying...sometimes I keep wondering if something is wrong with me but I think it's just normal...

Amy: Congrats on the girl!

Anna: Congrats on the boy!  
Trying - Hormones are insane!  When I was pregnant with my son in the second trimester we went on a trip to visit my sister in law and at the airport they only had greasy food (that the sound of it made me sick at the time), I was starved because I was expecting to eat there.  I was balling like a little baby in front of everyone!  Some random guy asked if I was ok, I'm like "I'm pregnant, I'm starved and all this food here looks so disgusting"  lol.

Although I don't know if it's the miscarriage or what, but this time around my hormones have been WAY worse!  When we found out it was a girl DH was like "That's why your so hormonal, the girl's adding to the PMS hormone issues"  lol.

I've also been peeing non stop since I found out I was pregnant.  Once I started feeling the baby move I've been peeing more often again!  At times it feels like every 30-60 min!
Thanks girls...Just have to say lol!!! You guys made me smile, it's nice to know I'm not the only one embarrising myself in public lol!! Good to know I'm not the only one peeing alot still too, at least now though I only wake up 2-3 times a night instead of 4-6! Funny, I think someone should write a new book for those of us who don't fall along the "normal" guidelines! Like "what to expect when you're totally not normal" or "pregnancy week by week for the abnormal mom"...lol!!

Have a great day yall!!
Just a quick question for those who have experienced labor before- I've been having a lot of pressure and sharp, shooting pains in my lower pelvis.  I know they are not contractions, because I'm having some of those as well.  Any advice?  I have had c-sections with previous births and was induced, I've never experienced these type of pains before.  They only last a few seconds- minute and then I feel okay.  I'm 35 wks with baby #4.  Thanks for any advice.
I had those pains for about 3-4 weeks before I delivered, from what I understand it's mostly pressure from the baby sitting/riding low.  I found sitting on a birthing ball instead of a regular chair helped a lot with those pains.
Amy-Congrats on finally finding out that you are having a girl :)  I swear Kirk is going to have DH's nose and chin by looking at the u/s lol. I've actually read that there is some truth to being more hormonal and having a girl. It really makes me think my m/c was a girl, as I was a raving lunatic!

annalc-Thanks, and congrats on finding out your having a boy as well! Hope Iceland was fantastic :)

trying-Ha, ha. I cry over food too lol! Seems like a common pattern with us pregnant women! What movie did you go see? I went and saw grownups on Monday, it was hilarious.
Hi ladies-  The boards has been pretty quiet lately.  hopefully it's because everyone is enjoying summer.

I just wanted to stop by and say hi to everyone.  I have 25 days till my due date!  Today I have been crampy.  I'm having pain wrapping around my back to my sides.  I don't think it's labor or anything, just uncomftable.  I hope your all doing well.
Missmyangel - We saw the A-Team!! I don't like action movies but it was funny too!! I didn't tell DH I cried like a baby at that time, but told him over the weekend...he said "I thought when you came in and sat down you'd been crying but I it was too dark to see" lol!!

They'd better have my popcorn on the 19th...did I mention I called and changed the date of my gender scan? Yup went from the 21st to the 19th...doesn't seem like much of a change I know but it's less than two weeks away!!

Okay question, I posted this in the forum but wanted to ask here to anyway...Not so much questioning as looking for some reasurance: I fell on Sunday, I was bending over in the kitchen looking for something on the floor and I slipped, I landed on my hand first and then my butt, I landed sitting up. At first I wasn't even sure I really landed on my butt because the only thing that hurt was my hand, a few hours later my right leg started hurting, like I had a pulled muscle. I did do some research online about falling while pregnant and found that most ppl who called their docs were told either not to worry (if they fell on their butts) that the baby is cushioned or their docs had them come in to check the HB...I of course have a digital doppler at home and when I checked this morning baby's HB was 140+ which is where it normally is. I was 18 weeks 2 days pregnant when I fell. Anyone else have this happen?
trying- I slipped on my icy driveway this winter when I was aroun 20 weeks or so, when I called my dr she told me that as long as I wasn't cramping or bleeding than there was nothing to worry about.  Like you mentioned baby has more than enough padding :)
Steph_b - THanks, I am so glad to hear that your doc told you that!! I was thinking along the same lines.

Well, 18w 5d - bad day already, my work is adding on extra work for me and I just about started crying when they told me...they want me to work 10xs harder and not give me a raise? WTF? Trying not to stress lol!
Hi all...just an update, I had my ob appt today and everything went well. I am measuring 3 cm. My dr offered to induce me so I go in on Monday at 6 am. I am so nervous/excited to see our son. I don't love the idea of being induced but I am so ready!!  I'll be sure to post pics and let everyone know how it went.
OK...I'm on my way to the hospital...will update and post pics when I can :)
Lynniepooh Af gonna start anytime now.... Comment
Moma_Cher, and Sheaby commented on Moma_Cher's status
8/1/14
7 hrs ago by retta483