Belly Buddies *5/22*
Please forgive any oversights...it's been a while since I've done a list, and it's been 5 weeks since the last list, my math skills have degenerated over the years, but here goes....

CONGRATULATIONS BRIDGETTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so absolutely thrilled to welcome Bridgette over here!  For 2 years we have shared Bridgette's long journey to reach this most wonderful moment.  We know her cycle better than our own.  We have laughed with her, cried with her, been frustrated with her, vented with her, learned from her, prayed for her and have cherished the friendship of a wonderful woman, who even in her down times found the strength to lift everyone else up and offer her unwavering support to all of us who have needed it.  It is with tears of happiness in my eyes that I get to put Bridgette's name in it's rightful place, on the Belly Buddies list for a looong nine months of a whole new type of anxiety for our dear friend. We're ready for you Bridgette, let your journey begin!  ;)~

Done Buns!

mapes/Melissa - Adam  6/14/09
Dani - Colter  7/19/09
kc1021 - Olivia Kate  7/23/09
Tiger63/Stacey - Lillian Kathleen  8/6/09
pat4rod/Patty - 9lb boy  8/17/09
ashmcc - Kamryn  8/17/09
CacyMichelle - Addison Grace  8/24/09
munter - Lincoln Brian  9/6/09
Avik/Anna - Jamin Scott  9/16/09
Latrice - Trinity Allyssa  9/18/09
nickswife/Gigi - Abby Nickole  10/14/09
kgokgo/Niki - Isabelle  10/18/09
BPO629/Brandy - Allison Jean  10/24/09
melo1224 - ????  11/10/09
cari227 - Allyssa Marie  11/14/09
hazeleyes/Amanda - Ali  11/25/09
popcorn/Julie - ????  11/29/09
mikaleen/Aileen - Emma Claire  12/1/09
ladyM84/Lisa - Evan Zack  12/3/09
Elisha123 - Brianna  12/10/09
youme123/Leigh - ????
mialvan/Maria - June  1/16/10
GMB/Gina -  baby boy  3/15/10
tinkerbell101/Deb - Our newest member...Daniel Ethan  3/30/10 " welcome to the world!"
msteri - Chloe made her entrance on 4/30... Congratulations!!
EricaB28/Erica - Welcome Emma Rea!!! Born May 18th

Awaiting The Arrival!!!

princessa745/Rossie - 33wks - boy - 7/2/10
lilinz - 33wks 1days - boy - 7/9/10
steph9803 - 32wks 2days - boy - 7/15/10
natalie910 - 31wks 5days - boy - 7/19/10
steph_B - 30wks - girl - 7/31/10
heatherLF16 - 29wks   4days - ??? - 8/3/10
peterjl/Mary - 29wks 2days - girl -8/5/10
TCgirl - 27wks - girl - 8/21/10
teddiH - 24wks 3days - ??? - 9/8/10
rachaellou06 - 21wks  - ??? - 10/2/10
cocacolapanda/Amy - 20wks 3days - ??? - 10/6/10
szw2008/Sam - 19wks 5days - boy - 10/11/10
Dmarie919/Dana - 18wks 5days - ??? - 10/18/10
nunu/Vanessa - 18wks 1day - ??? - 10/22/10
nikkij6577 - 17wks 4days - boy - 10/26/10
missmyangel/Theresa - 17wks - ??? - 10/30/10
youngmum20 - 16wks 6days - ??? - 10/31/10
pips - 16wks 5days - ??? - 11/1/10
annalc - 16wks 1day - ??? - 11/5/10
babyhope8/Ana - 13wks 32days - ??? - 11/27/10
trying_x_3 - 12wks 1day - ??? - 12/2/10
1angelbabyM/Gina - 11wks 2days - ??? - 12/9/10
lori0615 - 10wks 5days - ??? - 12/13/10
Gailybaby - 8wks 6days - ??? - 12/26/10  Congratulations!!!

and a big fat morning sickness, swelling, crying, bitching, back pain, feet in ribs welcome to...dah dah dah dah...

Bam1014/Bridgette - 7wks - ??? - 1/8/11  OUR FIRST 2011 BABY!
My due date is officially 1/15/2010...9 weeks and 6 days today...Congrats to all the other ladies...
16 weeks today!! I caved and am taking zofran...I threw up for 6 days straight until last saturday when I got a break for the day and then threw up from Sunday to yesterday. I didn't want to take any medicine but I just can't help it :-(

I hope eveyone else is doing good on this wonderful Friday! Have a great weekend yall!
Hi everyone...one more month to go for me! It sure would be nice to have him a few weeks early but I suppose he'll be here when it's time. I had my nst today, it went well...I had it done at the hospital this time b/c my dr is out of town. It was nice to see the birthing rooms and everything.

need some answers...don't feel badly about not bd'ing. I am also very paranoid since my loss and we haven't bd'ed since I got my bfp. At first I was way too freaked out, then the ms prevented us then the fear od preterm labor due to uterine contractions from bd'ing and now the bump is just way too big...lol. I say if bd'ing is going to make you nervous then just don't do it. Maybe once you're further along you'll feel better.

Mary, glad to hear you're doing well..other than your back. Mine is really starting to hurt all the time but it's from the big belly and not a uti...hope you get it taken care of soon.

Rosie, wow...you're 38 weeks! Any contractions yet? Hope you can get your uti fixed asap...it's miserable!  Can't wait to see your little man!!
Ok ladies...came back from my appt today and doctor said they found that I have placenta previa.  THe doctor told me not to worry too much since I am only at 12 weeks and it might correct itself...he begged me not to look it up online...so what did I do...I raced home and looked it up.  Have any of you had previa and how did everything work out for you?  He told me it is not too big of a deal because even if it doesnt correct itself they will do a c-section at 36 weeks to ensure all is well.  Should I be worried this early?
I am sooo glad I refrained from BDing...doc said it might have been a good idea.
Need some answers:  I was diagnosed with partial placenta previa and now I still have a low lying placenta.  They saw mine at 12 weeks also.  The dr. did not seem worried and I of course looked it up also and was thinking the worst (preterm labor, etc etc.) but at my 20  week u/s it has shifted but they still are calling it low lying.  After my first appointment I was put on pelvic rest...so we weren't allowed to bd until my next u/s and after this one she said we could resume sexual activity (to my husbands excitement..not really to mine...lol) but other than that, things have been fine.  They say you can experience some bleeding, but if you do, let the dr. know but it's probably related to that and nothing wrong with the baby.  I have had relatives and friends have it and they did experience bleeding in their last trimester but were still able to deliver vaginally.  If it still persists by the time of delivery they may do a c-section.  

My dr. told me basically that it's an incidental finding because they do u/s more often now but as the pregnancy progresses, most cases will resolve.  Try not to worry...I know that's easier said than done...
Hey Natalie im feeling so much better and on antibiotic. As for contractions i have had none!!!! I have dropped a little, and i actually just posted belly pics i just took now in my pj's lol. But i never had contractions with my daughter. i just broke and that was it and i hope im lucky this time around as well. Only think is i had my daughter at 35wks 3 days and with Jeyden i'm 38wks today, i feel fine im thinking i may make it to my due date of july 2 two weeks from now.
Dana- thank you so much for your response.  I cant believe I am saying this but I am not very nervous about it at all.  I figure they will keep track of it and do what is best so I shouldnt have to worry.  For once I am leaving it in the doc's hands.  Besides....doc said the one good thing is I will have lots of ultrasounds to monitor it so I will get to see the baby a lot more than most women.  At least there is a plus side right?

Are they still monitoring yours?  Are you able to give birth naturally or they havent decided that yet?  I hope I dont have to do a c-section.  Not that there is anything wrong with it...I just know the recovery is a little more intense (sister had c-section with all three of her kiddos)  She doesnt recommend it if at all possible to avoid.  I will do whatever is safe for both me and the baby.
Rossie- I am very excited for Thursday to come..I really don't have an idea of my jelly bean's gender but my hubby has a feeling it's a girl he was right with out little angel hopefully we'll be able to see on Thursday... I know my mother-in-law will be thrill there are no girls hubby has 4 brothers and 2 nephews so we'll see if boys keep ruling or if we will add a little princess to the family.
So funny ... it seems that so many of us experience the same issues at the same time!

As for backache ... I know most are talking about lower back pain.  Does anyone have pain higher?  I keep waking with pain between my shoulder blades (a frequent source of back pain pre-pregnancy btw), but also pain high on my stomach, like where the diaphram would be and in the chest as well.  The worst part is the back though ... I'm wondering what the real source is and if the others are just displaced pain.  My doc has approved ibuprofin for contractions, so I have been taking that when it happens and I can eventually fall back asleep.  It's so hard to tell what's really going on because all the organs are being pushed in odd places, so who knows what's really hurting!

As for bding ... yeah, not much going on here!  First ... just way too tired.  Then ... was sick with bad cough for over 4 weeks.  Now that I'm finally feeling better, the pressure is becoming an issue!  I had pressure issues with my last (to term) pregnancy as well, but everything is starting earlier with this one!  Guess that's baby # 3 for ya!  But when  you feel like you are turning inside out, who wants any bd action?  LOL  tmi I know...  :)
forgot to mention ... I get bad contractions when we bd also.  I actually get contractions all the time, but it's nothing that changes the cervix so far.  The doc is letting me take ibuprofen for that when it's too bothersome.  I just had to promise to quit taking it by 36 weeks...  
stephb, cocacolapanda- thanks so much! I think i'm going to wait until 8 weeks for my ultrasound.

need_answers- I think you're right about it never getting easier! I'll breathe a sigh of relief after my first trimester but every week will be scary until then. I'm trying to be happy and realistic at the same time! Thanks for your response
Ana - i look forward to thursday and you finding out what your having. good luck.
need_answers - my BF had placenta previa and it cleared up for her.  She had a vaginal birth right on time.  Yes, the upside is you DO get to see the little bean more =)

I finally broke down and bought a doppler.  I ordered it on Wednesday, so it should be here sometime this week.  It seems as if I spend every minute of every day terrified that something is wrong, so I really hope this will give me some peace of mind.

Rossie - I can't believe how close you are!!!  Can't wait to see the baby pics!!
Need some answers: I haven't but I know a few women who have had it.  One lady was put on bedrest and taken off about a week before her wedding!  Both her and the baby are doing great.  The other few women I've known who had it were on and off bed rest, delivered early and had/have healthy babies.  Just try to listen to your dr and your body.

Pips - Did your boobs get bigger about the time you started having those higher back pains?  What you describe is what I've had twice so far and my Chiropractor fixed it.  I guess as your boobs get bigger it can make your ribs out of alignment or something like that.

Well Not too much new with me.  My big toes have been becoming dis-located a lot lately (It's happened like twice before I got pregnant, and it happens a few times a week now).  I'm having my Chiropractor take a look at it, I talked to her yesterday and she wasn't surprised.  Other than that not much else is new.  I'm taking a tour of the hospital tomorrow, then Wednesday's my next dr apt.  I'm hoping we can find out the gender!
Need some answers: They are continuing to monitor it just as a precaution, but since I had a c-section with ds they aren't really concerned about that.  And you are right, the recovery period is the down side.  I am still struggling with my decision to do vbac or not...I guess I'm leaning to a scheduled c-section because I guess it's a better recovery if it is planned.  But there really shouldn't be a reason why I HAVE to have another c-section....sigh....

Me neither Bridgette and i think things are finally starting to happen. Im 38wks 3days and i think im starting to loose my mucous plug. sorry TMI, lol. So just a waiting game for me. My mom flies in wednesday...

How is everyone doing?
Hello ladies...no knew news on my end...just tired, growing, eating, resting, enjoying the fact that I am pregnant.  I hope you all are too.  I wish all of your DHs a Happy Father's Day or a Happy Father to Be Day!
hi ladies- I have a TMI question-  How do you know when you are loosing your muocus plug??  I seem to have a lot more going on down there the last few days and I'm not sure if that's what it is???  (thank goodness I have all you ladies to ask these questions)

How's everyone else doing?
Haven't been sick in 5 days thanks to zofran...which I didn't take today and haven't gotten sick!! So nothing really new here, I go to the doc tomorrow to check my weight...hopefully I've gained but as of last sat I'm still 128 :-( 16 weeks 4 days...wish they were doing an ultrasound so I could find out what I am having since DH won't let me find out at work :-(

So anything new with you ladies? Oh hey, forgot to mention one of those things the books said would happen (the ones that never happen) actually happend!! It's gross but the book said that some clear liquid could come out of my boobies at this time and it did!! I showed DH too!! He was all like don't be doing that too much you might mess something up lol!! Have a good day yall!!

Wow, its been about a week since I've had the time to get on here, and I've missed so much! LOL. I've been feeling more confident as I'm starting to feel regular movement throughout the day. I had a scare yesterday though, as I felt the baby do a flip a couple days ago around 2pm and then nothing after that. I tried sugary stuff, oranges, lying still, and nothing..So as soon as the office opened yesterday I called them, and they got me in right away to hear the HB. So when I got home I gave my belly a good skake and started poking it in hopes that I would annoy him enough to turn back over, and it worked! lol.

Hudsy-congrats on your BFP :)

Bridgette-LOL! I guess I've experienced both sides of the fence in the last week concerning getting a doppler; first they couldn't find a HB, then I was wishing I had one to check on my lil one when he gave me that scare!

babyhope-hope all goes well and you get to find out the gender :)

need_answers-I'm the same way about BDing. I haven't since I got my BFP either. I just feel uncomfortable with the thought that if I had any bleeding or contractions afterwards I would have a freak out. Luckily DH feels the same. if I bring it up, he gets visions of poking him in the eye or something! LMAO!
Steph-I forgot to mention that conversation we were all having a couple of weeks ago about charlie horses and leg cramps, I was told to start taking calcium pills. Thanks for the good advice! Do you know if its better to take the straight calcium, or the calcium magnesium ones? I got the calcium magnesium ones as I figured it wouldn't hurt.
Missmyangel- From what I've heard (my mother used to be a nutritionist and she's the one who filled me in)  Calcium is good, but the body needs the magnesium to actually absorb the calcium so it's best when you take them combined.  I hope it helps :)
Help!! Is jumping up and down dangerous? Not as an exercise but say as in I got really excited and kinda jumped up and down a bit...not for long but I couldn't help it :-( just need to know whether or not I hurt the baby. 16 weeks 4 days!
trying- I think you should be all set.  Baby is protected pretty well in there.  I wouldn't worry :)
Trying- you wouldn't hurt the baby, you might pull a mussel in your belly but that's about it.  (I've done that a few times, lol).
Steph-Thanks so much! I'm glad I got the right ones :)

trying-Not to worry, I know from pregnancy books that its ok to jog if your accustomed to it, so a bit of jumping won't hurt. I've caught myself jogging on occasion when the lights about to turn red or something. I also know its ok to shake your belly too (not too vigorously) to help with babies sleeping patterns, or in my case, I shook my belly the other day to get Kirk turned back around so he would stop worrying me!
My dr's apt went well, in 4 weeks I get that yucky glucose test and RH shot (YUCKY)!!  However, we did find out the gender!  Were having a little girl!
Congrats on the little girl Amy =)
Thanks girls...doc said same thing lol!! Just a momentary freakout!!

Cocacolapanda - CONGRATS!!! A little girl are you thrilled??

Well I gained my first 3lbs!!! 16w6d!! I go back on July 21st to find out what the baby is!!

Have a great Thursday everyone!! After all the weekend is almost here!
I'm excited it's a girl, but also disappointed at the same time.  I kinda had a feeling that she's a girl after looking at my 3D ultrasound photos, I can see several of my features in her face.  I did really want another boy though, and having one of each means when they are older they can't share a room so we need to re-arrange our living conditions, and I'd prefer not to move again I love our Condo!
Well, it's  been a while. I have caught up a little, but not enough (I'll have to do it when I have more time). Iceland was great. When I got home I found out that I am having another boy! So, the girls are outnumbered in our house now. That's ok, we have strong enough personalities to over-power these boys anyway ;) I am thrilled!

Congrats to Missmyangel on your little boy and Cocacolapanda on your little girl! Don't worry Cocacolapanda, I kind of felt the same way when I found out I was having my daughter (even though I did want a girl I was thinking that maybe I wanted another boy so that my son would have a brother), but once you have her you will be so glad that you have a little girl! They are so much fun!

Sorry if I missed any congrats that are due, but I'll hopefully get to catch up more later. Hope all is well with everyone.
I didn't see that you got an answer to your question about the mucous plug. You will most likely know it when it happens. I realized it with my first without ever having experienced it before. It is like ALOT of discharge and I think it is usually discolored (like brown). You could lose it gradually, or all at once. Remember though, you can lose your plug weeks before you even give birth (sorry if that's not good news). Good luck!
I bet when she's older and your picking out prom dresses or trying on wedding dresses or putting your hand to her stomach when she's pregnant your not going to care that she couldn't share a room with her brother. You might still blame her if you have to move though lol!!
annalc - awesome!   I'm glad you had a great trip and congrats on the boy!!  It is starting to grow on me.

Steph - I missed your mucus plug question too, with my first I had no clue I lost it till my dr told me I did.  I lost it gradually.  My dr said if you loose it gradually you might not notice it, but if you do loose it all at once you will most likely notice it.  I do think it was at least a month before I gave birth after loosing my mucus plug too :(

Trying - You are SO right.  You made me cry just thinking about those days!  
Thanks Ladies- I'm not sure if that's whats going on or not.  I will mention it to the Dr. today.  It doesn't matter either way.  I know I just need to be patient and wait for the next 5/6 weeks to go by.  I am really getting sick of working  though.  I think with us moving it's making it harder.  I feel like I work all day, and I'm so tired when I get home, but I have to pack up a few more boxes.  Hopefully after the weekend we will be all moved!  I keep reminding myself that the end is in sight.

How's everyone else doing?
Cocacolapanda - I started crying a little when I wrote it...and then again when I read your response...hormones lol!

Speaking of hormones I forgot to tell you guys that I went to the movies Wed. after my doc appt. and they were out of my gourmet popcorn...I started tearing up but hid that the best I could from DH...as soon as we started heading toward the room our movie was playing in I excused myself to the bathroom where I promptly started balling my eyes out lol!! All over popcorn!! I went back to the concession stand 20 minutes later and they had it lol!!

17 weeks today!! Tired and still have to pee alot lol!! Hope you ladies have a great weekend!
Ha ha, that's great! I almost started crying yesterday because my husband had a beer and it sounded so good!
Trying: I've been peeing non stop..it's SO annoying...sometimes I keep wondering if something is wrong with me but I think it's just normal...

Amy: Congrats on the girl!

Anna: Congrats on the boy!  
Trying - Hormones are insane!  When I was pregnant with my son in the second trimester we went on a trip to visit my sister in law and at the airport they only had greasy food (that the sound of it made me sick at the time), I was starved because I was expecting to eat there.  I was balling like a little baby in front of everyone!  Some random guy asked if I was ok, I'm like "I'm pregnant, I'm starved and all this food here looks so disgusting"  lol.

Although I don't know if it's the miscarriage or what, but this time around my hormones have been WAY worse!  When we found out it was a girl DH was like "That's why your so hormonal, the girl's adding to the PMS hormone issues"  lol.

I've also been peeing non stop since I found out I was pregnant.  Once I started feeling the baby move I've been peeing more often again!  At times it feels like every 30-60 min!
Thanks girls...Just have to say lol!!! You guys made me smile, it's nice to know I'm not the only one embarrising myself in public lol!! Good to know I'm not the only one peeing alot still too, at least now though I only wake up 2-3 times a night instead of 4-6! Funny, I think someone should write a new book for those of us who don't fall along the "normal" guidelines! Like "what to expect when you're totally not normal" or "pregnancy week by week for the abnormal mom"...lol!!

Have a great day yall!!
Just a quick question for those who have experienced labor before- I've been having a lot of pressure and sharp, shooting pains in my lower pelvis.  I know they are not contractions, because I'm having some of those as well.  Any advice?  I have had c-sections with previous births and was induced, I've never experienced these type of pains before.  They only last a few seconds- minute and then I feel okay.  I'm 35 wks with baby #4.  Thanks for any advice.
I had those pains for about 3-4 weeks before I delivered, from what I understand it's mostly pressure from the baby sitting/riding low.  I found sitting on a birthing ball instead of a regular chair helped a lot with those pains.
Amy-Congrats on finally finding out that you are having a girl :)  I swear Kirk is going to have DH's nose and chin by looking at the u/s lol. I've actually read that there is some truth to being more hormonal and having a girl. It really makes me think my m/c was a girl, as I was a raving lunatic!

annalc-Thanks, and congrats on finding out your having a boy as well! Hope Iceland was fantastic :)

trying-Ha, ha. I cry over food too lol! Seems like a common pattern with us pregnant women! What movie did you go see? I went and saw grownups on Monday, it was hilarious.
Hi ladies-  The boards has been pretty quiet lately.  hopefully it's because everyone is enjoying summer.

I just wanted to stop by and say hi to everyone.  I have 25 days till my due date!  Today I have been crampy.  I'm having pain wrapping around my back to my sides.  I don't think it's labor or anything, just uncomftable.  I hope your all doing well.
Missmyangel - We saw the A-Team!! I don't like action movies but it was funny too!! I didn't tell DH I cried like a baby at that time, but told him over the weekend...he said "I thought when you came in and sat down you'd been crying but I it was too dark to see" lol!!

They'd better have my popcorn on the 19th...did I mention I called and changed the date of my gender scan? Yup went from the 21st to the 19th...doesn't seem like much of a change I know but it's less than two weeks away!!

Okay question, I posted this in the forum but wanted to ask here to anyway...Not so much questioning as looking for some reasurance: I fell on Sunday, I was bending over in the kitchen looking for something on the floor and I slipped, I landed on my hand first and then my butt, I landed sitting up. At first I wasn't even sure I really landed on my butt because the only thing that hurt was my hand, a few hours later my right leg started hurting, like I had a pulled muscle. I did do some research online about falling while pregnant and found that most ppl who called their docs were told either not to worry (if they fell on their butts) that the baby is cushioned or their docs had them come in to check the HB...I of course have a digital doppler at home and when I checked this morning baby's HB was 140+ which is where it normally is. I was 18 weeks 2 days pregnant when I fell. Anyone else have this happen?
trying- I slipped on my icy driveway this winter when I was aroun 20 weeks or so, when I called my dr she told me that as long as I wasn't cramping or bleeding than there was nothing to worry about.  Like you mentioned baby has more than enough padding :)
Steph_b - THanks, I am so glad to hear that your doc told you that!! I was thinking along the same lines.

Well, 18w 5d - bad day already, my work is adding on extra work for me and I just about started crying when they told me...they want me to work 10xs harder and not give me a raise? WTF? Trying not to stress lol!
Hi all...just an update, I had my ob appt today and everything went well. I am measuring 3 cm. My dr offered to induce me so I go in on Monday at 6 am. I am so nervous/excited to see our son. I don't love the idea of being induced but I am so ready!!  I'll be sure to post pics and let everyone know how it went.
OK...I'm on my way to the hospital...will update and post pics when I can :)
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
KeeLolo commented on laureninlove's status
KeeLolo commented on KeeLolo's status
Nov 21