Do you know of anything that can lower testosterone during pregnancy?
I have me doing a lot of research since my test results came back negative to try and see what the cause could be. I've always thought I had to high of testosterone and also have multiple cysts-which is why I thought I had PCOS, but my Dr. said I didn't and after seeing that I definitely ovulate every cycle so I didn't have PCOS, with further investigating I really think the problem is my testosterone....I have every single symptom of having too much. I also have found that can cause miscarriages. I'm currently taking black cohosh which helps the body produce more estrogen which helps cancel out too much testosterone, but it says not to take during pregnancy-so what can I do when I get prego again! HELP!!
I have *been* not 'me'!
Do you temp at all?
I haven't read anything on this subject so I can't give any real insight on the topic but I would say you should have your levels checked before taking anything that will mess with your hormone levels. I know the feeling of wanting an answer,something that will make you feel like you have fixed something before trying again... But if your hormones are not balanced it can cause serious issues. Also if you have it tested and it is high your dr can tell you the best way to fix the issue and answer your questions about pregnancy with that issue. I wish you the best, praying you are like me and just had bad luck. SSBD
The only problem is my Dr. told me it's hard to test for high testosterone because every woman has different levels and some women's can look really high but for them it's healthy...there's no good or bad amount. I started taking Black Cohosh which is  hormone balancing herb but I stopped after a week because like you said i'm worried to mess anything up....I just really feel like something is wrong and I'm dreading being prego again with no change.

Bam- no I don't temp.
I would stay away from the black cohosh. It can make you contract and lose an early pregnancy. I took vitex for several months after my mc and weaned off when I became pregnant again. I could really tell the difference in my cycles once I had taken it a few weeks. I am now 27 weeks pregnant. The vitex does take at least one month sometimes a bit more to kick in but it is supposed to help regulate all the hormones. Good luck to u and I would try and get off the cohosh.
I have the vitex but I haven't tried it yet. I have used soy isoflavone last cycle and this cycle. It has miraculously brought my irregular long cycle to normal 4 week cycles and I ovulated day 14....It's amazing! My acne has cleared a little too! By the way, Black Cohosh does help bring on labor and contractions but It's safe BEFORE pregnancy and it's suppose to regulate. I took it for a few days but I decided not to without my Dr. telling me it's ok. Soy Isoflavone has really helped but you are suppose to take it for 5 days from the start of your period and then stop. So I'm hoping this is my month!
I have high testosterone levels and I have PCOS - they are defiantely linked!  I have also had 7 pregnancy losses and have read that high testosterone can cause miscarriages too.  I googled how to bring down testosterone levels and found a study that had been done with a group of women with high levels and they gave them spearmint tea to drink for about a month.  After that month all the womens testosterone levels had dropped significantly.  I am drinking the tea and will get my levels checked again in a month or so.  Don't drink more than two cups a day though.
Well I'm pleased to report that after a couple of months drinking the spearmint tea my testosterone levels have dropped significantly.  The normal range in New Zealand measurements is 0.5 - 2.5 and mine was 3 a couple of months ago.  I have just been re tested and it's dropped to 1.4 !!!!
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
KeeLolo Well O day was Sept 21st. I... Comment
Sep 26
KeeLolo commented on photo
Sep 26
KeeLolo commented on photo
Sep 25
Related Tags