Baby Dust Buddies - TTC and Pregnancy after a Loss User Group
First Period after Miscarriage
About This Group:

Our TTC and Pregnancy after a Loss Group is a Public Group for women to share their conception journeys after a miscarriage. From starting over after a loss; surviving the two week wait; dealing with a BFN; celebrating the coveted BFP and making it through nine months of worry. Baby dust is sprinkled joyfully and liberally all around.

Founded by bam1014 on September 25, 2009
475 members

First Period after Miscarriage

Hey Ladies,

I had been ttc for 2 years and my husband and I found out we were pregnant 2/25/2011.  I found out on 4/4/2011 that our baby had stopped growing 2 weeks prior (I was supposed to be 9 1/2 weeks pregnant).  I had a D&C on 4/7. I just had my first period since the D&C and it was on time but it only lasted for 4 days, varying from light to heavy the whole time.  I normal have very heavy periods lasting 7 days.  Is this normal for just having a miscarriage and D&C?

Thanks,
1 Comment
As long as you are not having severe heavy bleeding yes this is normal.  It took me about 2 weeks of bleeding to get back in order after a natural miscarriage.  We were about 9 weeks along as well.  If the bleeding doesn't get better though I would certainly call your doctor and check in with them.  Let us know what you found out.  I realize this post is actually late so you are probably already back to normal so give us an update when you can :D
mhv commented on photo
mhv commented on photo
mhv commented on photo