Baby Dust Buddies - TTC and Pregnancy after a Loss User Group
Ovulation before the HCG shot for IUI.
About This Group:

Our TTC and Pregnancy after a Loss Group is a Public Group for women to share their conception journeys after a miscarriage. From starting over after a loss; surviving the two week wait; dealing with a BFN; celebrating the coveted BFP and making it through nine months of worry. Baby dust is sprinkled joyfully and liberally all around.

Founded by bam1014 on September 25, 2009
475 members

Ovulation before the HCG shot for IUI.

Hello... This is my 3nd IUI and today i am on CD11. I had a ultrasound today and my follicle was 18mm. i also had my bloodwork done. i just now got a call from the nurse, that i my ovulation has already started and i am asked to take the HCG shot right now and i am scheduled for a iui tomorrow at 3.30pm.. that would be 25 hrs after the HCG.

I am little worried as we didnt not have any BD since the last 10 days and we will only have it today(because we dont want to miss the  ovulation, just in case its happening right now) and my worry is that, what if the ovulation happen today? will the iui timing for tomorrow afternoon..  really helpfull? or did we missed our chance this month? and also will have abstinence of only 16-18 hrs.. will that be good enough? my DH doesnt have any problem with the sperm count.. but the morphology is 10%..

actually i am looking for some assurance from U experienced ladies out there .. is there any chance for me this cycle?

1 Comment
There is always a chance, because you won't know exactly when you O'd.  But the egg does last for 24 hrs after it leaves the ovary, so your chances are still good.

Good luck on your IUI today!!  Lots of SSBD.
krichar commented on krichar's status
mhv commented on photo
Sheaby DH and I have been together... Comment