Baby Dust Buddies - TTC and Pregnancy after a Loss User Group
Possible to get Pregnant 2 weeks after a D&C
About This Group:

Our TTC and Pregnancy after a Loss Group is a Public Group for women to share their conception journeys after a miscarriage. From starting over after a loss; surviving the two week wait; dealing with a BFN; celebrating the coveted BFP and making it through nine months of worry. Baby dust is sprinkled joyfully and liberally all around.

Founded by bam1014 on September 25, 2009
475 members

Good evening Ladies

I had a D&C on Nov 19th. is it possible to get preg 2 weeks after? what are your thoughts on this? I'm confused. Thanks :)
I'm so sorry for your loss.  Although it isn't impossible to get pregnant again so quickly, and I have heard of some lucky women who have managed to, it does depend on whether or not you have ovulated.  It can take a while for your hcg levels to get back down to zero and so you could get a positive hpt but it will be picking up the levels from the lost pregnancy.  
I had a miscarriage on Nov 4th and my HCG levels finally got back to normal on Nov 30th. Everyone is different, if you think you are pregnant definitely go to the doctor and have them test your levels. They will be able to determine whether it is a new pregnancy or leftover HCG from the miscarriage. I hope you get a BFP :-) Keep us posted!

XXOO
I was told the best way to determine if your levels have dropped to normal (or at least close to normal) is to take a preg test. I took one 3 days ago and the test was neg which means my levels have gone down to normal so im assuming they got it all during the D&C. So i should start ovulating soon right?
Hello, I just lost my baby on Nov 24th at 20 weeks. I knew about three weeks ago that she was in danger and got a second opinion. My regular doctor told me to wait 2 months before trying again and the doctor with the second opinion told me not to wait. I'm not sure if it's because my age (35)...What do you think?

I was thinking for a moment that my regualar doctor was advising to wait becuase they want my cycle to get back to normal but now I'm not sure. The second opinion doctor is from a more prestigous and respected practice.

Any thoughts?
Im so sorry for your loss, well my sister got preg 2 weeks after her m/c and had a healthy baby girl. she misscarried naturally so she still had the lining in her uterus. When you have a D&C done, like i had, it takes about 1-3 cycles to build that lining back up. I had my follow up appt last week and my dr told me i can TTC anywhere between 1-2 cycles. I told her that we were ttc already and what would happen if i got pregnant? she said we will just monitor you and see what happens.Everyone is different so just try whenever you feel ready to.
krichar, and Sheaby commented on Sheaby's status
anika75 Cd 9. The right one almost ... Comment
Moma_Cher commented on OB appt 7/25/14