Baby Dust Community
possibly miscarrying.. cannot see a sac on ultrasound

MedHelp's Baby Dust community.

My last period began on October 25, 2009.. however it seemed to last longer than usual and started late. My periods the few months before that were slightly irregular (off by 1 or 2 days), but I think that was all due to me being extremely stressed out as my car had gotten totaled, I was having many financial troubles, and one of my close friends had passed away, all in the same month. So anyways, I never got a period in November. Finally I got tested for pregnancy on December 5th at my local Planned Parenthood, and it was positive. Now I bring you to today, I finally got to go to my first prenatal appointment today at just over 13 weeks. I know I started kinda late, but that is a long story. Anyways, they did a urine pregnancy test which came out positive as expected and performed a pap test which was regular. Then came time for my ultrasound. First she did one vaginally, and she seemed concerned, and brought another doctor in who continued the vaginal ultrasound. They were seeing thickened uterine lining, but no sign of a gestational sac. Next they tried an ultrasound on my belly/abdomen. Still not finding anything.. so they ordered for blood tests right away and an emergency ultra sound tomorrow. I did not get any results of my hormone levels from the blood tests today so I don't know if they are dropping or not.. but the doctor told me most likely I am having some sort of abnormal pregnancy such as molar or having a miscarriage. Her best bet was miscarriage because I was not having any nausea/vomiting or anything of the sort. The thing is, I have not experienced any cramping, bleeding, or loss of pregnancy symptoms. In fact my belly is extremely bloated and seems to be growing, and I wake up in the night to use the bathroom at least 2-3 times, sometimes hardly even going at all, it's just the feeling is there. The second doctor suggested that I don't worry because perhaps I had just missed a period and my pregnancy began later than I believed. I don't find this likely since I was tested on the 5th of December which is when I got my first positive test result.... Basically I left the med center today in tears, and could not control my intense sobbing my entire ride home on the subway. Walking home from there I continued to cry so much I could hardly breathe. I am just hoping and praying every second of this day that everything is okay, and that the ultrasound for some reason was just foggy or that there is some other obscure reason they missed the sac, like somehow it was hidden.
I came on here looking for help and reassurance. Has anyone else had any similar experience? What happened? Was your baby okay?
Someone please help me.
Good luck to me and baby dust for me, and anyone else who needs it.
fyi anyone who reads this and is having similar issues:

i had a molar pregnancy. i have to get a d&c done to remove all the tissue. no baby for me.
Im soo sorry for your loss. I know how hard loosing a pregnancy can be Ive lost several. Just remember GOD never gives you mor then you can handle so be strong my sister. You can lean on me if you just want to talk.
Melissa Morales MA
thanks.
I wish I could be reassuring, and I'm sorry that I'm not.

Your description sounds quite similar to what happened to me, and mine was a blighted ovum.  I had no indication AT ALL that something was wrong.  I went in for my 12 week ultrasound, only to find out there was no baby.  I had no cramping or bleeding.  My belly was definitely growing.  I had milk.  My boobs hurt more than I have ever had them hurt before, and I had been pregnant 3 times before.  I even kept my 4 year old home from school that day to have him see the baby on ultrasound!  I ended up having a d&c because I didn't miscarry on my own.  At 13 weeks, they should definitely be able to see something, and it would be somewhat hard (yet not impossible) for the baby to be hiding at that stage.

My doctor tried telling me that maybe my timing was off, but I knew for sure that it wasn't because my husband left for Iraq, and I knew EXACTLY when I got pregnant.  

I hope and pray for you that you have a positive outcome.