943?1301585782
Baby Food Group User Group
Where to begin?
About This Group:

Help, tips and suggestions for parents on the topic of baby food. When to start, how to start, menu suggestions, questions and how to make your own baby food.

Founded by Heatherm4 on March 31, 2011
34 members

Where to begin?

Hello Ladies, I am new to this group, and I stopped by to see what you ladies are doing, get some ideas to be ready for when my lil one starts eating solids. A little about my self: I'm a first time mom to a baby girl named Sophia, she will turn 4 months on the 19th of June.
I believe she is getting ready to start eating solids pretty soon. She is always eager to see what I'm eating. I was just wondering as to where to start. She is EBF, and don't plan to introduce solids until 5-6 months. I have heard to to start of with vegetables first but then some people tell me to make sure its not the sweet ones because then she wont accept anything that isn't sweet is that true? Well thanks in advance for any response :]  
it has not be proven to be true, it all depends on the baby... as a baby i didnt like the sweet baby food, like applesauce or peaches, but loved the veggies and the more bland fruits that my mom would make me like mango and plain bananas... so whether the baby likes them is really only going to depend on her... also, remember u cant expect her to love every food on the first try... remember they will all taste different and u need to be persistent if she rejects one food.. just be cause she rejects it once doesnt mean she doesnt like it. Good luck... my amy is 4 months and i started on oatmeal cereal which i dont plan to do for too long, only to get her used to eating with a spoon and i already got the green light from the doctor at her 4 mth checkup to start food at 5 mths!! :D
I started oatmeal cereal at 4 months.  He hated it for about 2-3 weeks and I thought maybe he would never figure out the spoon thing but he did.  He likes oatmeal now and I feed him oatmeal and 1/2 a container of fruit in the morning and then oatmeal and 1/2 container of vegetables in the evening.  He likes the vegetables more than the fruits actually but he eats it all.  He does have his favorites but I want him to know that there are many flavors of foods out there.  He does prefer fruits and vegetables over his cereal but so far he has been eating it all.  I offer the oatmeal first before the fruit or veggies.  He still eats 5 6oz bottles everyday and sleeps 10-11 hours each night.   I love feeding him new solids just to see his facial expressions...the sour face is classic.  One more thing...be sure to stick with the same food for about 3 days before introducing something new due to allergies.  Jake breaks out when he eats bananas so we don't eat those anymore.
I started my son on cereals at 4 months and since he was so young I didn't introduce vegetables until he was 5 months. He's 7 months and I still introduce new things to him every few days. We take it slow but I'm to the point where I feed him things that I eat myself too. He's been an amazing eater since day 1. I still feed him oatmeal in the mornings with fruit.
I don't think it's true about introducing veggies before fruit. I think everyone is right about it depending on the child.
You know a great first food to introduce is avacado. DS loves it and it's so easy~! Just take it slow and it'll be fine.
Melissa_71 commented on photo
Oct 10
Melissa_71 commented on photo
Oct 10
Melissa_71 Happy thanksgiving weekend ... Comment
Oct 10