1st pregnancy and a little worried.
I'm 23 this is my first pregnancy I'm 19 weeks along. I'm worried because where I work I take care of the mental and physically disable. Well I had to make the decision of keeping my job or letting it go because it was too much for me and the girls I care for are starting to become more physically aggressive. My boss was mad that I could no longer work and is giving me a real hard time. I know I'm doing what's best for my self and most importantly my unborn son. I just need an outside opinion.
I went through the same thing at my job with my first pregnancy. They have to understand you won't be able to lift or move certain things. By law they can't treat you any different because your pregnant. If your boss can't understand then I would threaten to call the 800 number for discrimination. I work in a restaurant and one of my managers gave me so much greif when I was in my first trimester. He would tell I had gotten lazy and was using the pregnancy as an excuse. The only thing I refused to do was lift anything over 35lbs.. Anyhoo, I had to threaten him with that just to have some peace. I ended up working until a week before I was induced. Also, don't worry about getting terminated. It's illegal.