Baby Products Community
Breast Feeding

The Baby Products community is for discussions around various baby products offering suggestions, help and the best places to buy. This includes strollers, car seats, high chairs, toys, bottles, diapers,etc. Please note, links will be allowed in this community to discuss sales, but spamming and affiliate programs will not be tolerated

Breast Feeding

Im five weeks preg with my fourth child. I never breast fed my other kids and wanna know more about it before jumpin right n..
Nature arranged everything. There is nothing to learn. The baby cries and you offer your breast. When his tummy is full, he stops nursing. For the first weeks you feed him whenever he cries. For two or three weeks he will seem to be hungry all the time. Breastfeeding is a wonderful arrangement for lazy mothers like me and is a wonderful arrangement for the health of baby.
Be prepared for your nips to be super sore in the beginning but that subsides pretty quickly. You might be tempted to give up, but don't :). Stock up on the lanolin...I encourage you to try if you are able. It's so good for the baby and for binding purposes. I loved doing it when I was able to. I miss it very much...
Breastmilk is the best present for ur child..my baby two month plus now ,totally drinking breastmilk only..
I see an entry that suggests your nipples will be very sore. This is most certainly not the case for every woman. I had four babies and nary a sore nipple.
Join a La Leche group to learn more. Under the microscope BM is alive; Formula is dead.