Baby Products Community
Breast Pump

The Baby Products community is for discussions around various baby products offering suggestions, help and the best places to buy. This includes strollers, car seats, high chairs, toys, bottles, diapers,etc. Please note, links will be allowed in this community to discuss sales, but spamming and affiliate programs will not be tolerated

Breast Pump

What are some good breast pumps. I work long hours and want a pump that is ofcourse easy to us and portable.
Medela is the gold standard.  All their models come in nice-looking little cases that do not shout "breast pump" when you look at them.
I have a medela as well.
Is that a good model? How is it on moisture control in the tubes. Heard that can ruin the pump if there is to much? I'm looking into that model myself.
Medela Freestyle all the way.
Medela In Style all the way. Worth the price. I had all kinds of issues with breastfeeding and even rented a hospital grade pump but I found the Medela worked just as well, if not better, than the hospital pump (and less parts to clean!) Even though I was never able to BF exclusively, I used the pump for about 5 months to supplement as much as possible (pumping around six times a day) and found it to be a very good system. It is true that moisture can get into the tubing. Once I started to see this happening a little, I just made sure to let the pump run a little longer after I was done to dry any moisture out.  
You can also replace the tubing for pretty cheap as well (Amazon)
For anyone who has horizon, call them n get a list of participating providers. Breast pumps are now covered 100% due to health care reform. But only with theist they cive u. Everyone else should do this with their insurance company. It's no longer medical necessary :)