Breast feeding
I have never breastfed before and want to try. What is the best breast pump?
You can rent an excellent one at the hospital.  Medela is a highly recommended brand that you can buy for yourself.
That said, you don't necessarily need to have a pump.  Your baby will be glad to do the work.
Ok thanks, I'm hoping baby will be able to do all work but just in case I'd like to have a back up.
My hospital gave me a free hand pump before I was discharge. I use it at the beginning when baby won't take one of my breast. I pump my breast a little to get the nipple ready with a little drop of milk, it really help. Newborn baby can be inpatient sometime.
Good for you for wanting to breast feed. It's going to be hard work and it will take lot of will power to get thru thd first couple of weeks. I'm at week 4 and sooooo glad I did. My first couple of weeks involved a lot of stress, tears, pain and some blood here and there. But it got better :)
Take some classes and have a lactation consultant stand by in case you run into issue during the first week. Ask as many questions as you can while your in the hospital. Ask for a nurse who had completed her lactation course.
And don't give up if it get stressful, you're not alone. The bond you felt with your baby when nursing is priceless. Best of luck :)