Baby Products Community
Bum genuis 3.0. Anyone use them?

The Baby Products community is for discussions around various baby products offering suggestions, help and the best places to buy. This includes strollers, car seats, high chairs, toys, bottles, diapers,etc. Please note, links will be allowed in this community to discuss sales, but spamming and affiliate programs will not be tolerated

Bum genuis 3.0. Anyone use them?

Im just looking to see if anyOne use's them? How do you like them?? I also have a some questions.....Thanks
I havent used them yet but I have been researching cloth diapers. the only downfall I see with some including these is that they have a pocket to put the extra padding in. I wonder how easy it would actually be to take out when soiled. Happy heinys have this pocket as well. I would be interested to see what people say.

I found some that do not have a pocket for the padding you just put it in, they are called Kidalog.
Well, I can tell you this.....

I have bought one bum genius 3.0 and I bought G diapers.... I have try them both, I thought I could just use the bum padding to go with the g diaper so i wouldnt have to change the full diaper( so all i would have to do is change the pad) well, it was alot of work just to change one diaper like that and poopie diaper were bad,& it got on the cover....I love the diaper cover for the G diapers....After my first poopie diaper I was about ready to give up! lol

So all in all, I do like the bum genius better! Its easyer to just change to full diaper beside just the pad....I  just need to buy more of them......But I have not had a poop yet in them....eekkk lol
And another good thing about bum genius is they are ONE size, so they grow with your baby....G diapers you  have to buy S M L.....So def. $ saving too!
I have a friend that uses the Bum Genius 3.0. They bought a sprayer that attaches to their toilet so that they can just spray the waste directly into the toilet. They have had very few instances where the diaper leaked. They do use disposable at night though... Overall they save money by not buying diapers but there is more laundry. If you have time to do the laundry then I say go for it!
oh and I found some 2.0 at Goodwill and they did not have the removable liner (for 49 cents!)...and they liked the removable liner better. Easier for some reason...didn't ask details.
I have a friend who uses the bum genius and likes them.
I loved these diapers at first.... Now I must replace them all.

I have been using bumgenius 3.0's for five months, and my diapers are completely ruined. I do not use fabric softeners or rash creams, although I have used the dryer and bleach. The waterproofing layer now leaks terribly. I have a couple of brand new diapers and I did a test, putting a small pool of water in the diaper, without an insert in one of the old and one of the new diapers. And surprise, the old one leaked water, the new one stayed dry. I am sure that the returns department at cotton babies will say that I did not follow the instructions to line dry the diapers and my warranty is void. But I have been trying to contact them for weeks and no one ever answers the phone or returns my calls. And how can they possibly expect a person to line dry their diapers every time, especially in the winter. I wish they would have warned me that the waterproof layer would be ruined, and that I could dry the insert and the outer diaper would line dry faster, which is what I do now. That is much more reasonable, however, the damage has been done, and I will have to buy all new diapers. And they won't be bumgenius diapers, regardless of who's fault it is.

I am very disappointed!!!!!
And I am not even going to get into the condition of the velcro!
I have researched over a dozen sites that sell and talk about CD. The Bumgenius 3.0 gets the best reviews as ease and durability, leaks etc... I am using PF with covers at the begining if th e baby is too little. (I might go early) But then I am using the BG. I also will be buying the sprayer. They are more expensive then say the Ecobum, flip and some of the other AIO's but then again they are also cheaper then some! I got some used, no stains in good condition from diaper swappers online and getting some new. The whole system for 2-3 days is around $400 new but compared to that one time fee then to over $1100 it was for my others to use disposbales it is worth it! Also we plan to ahve another one soona after so I can pack around just the one diaper for each and just cahnge the adjustment on it. Cna't be better. They were made by a mom!!! A smart one at that! Can't wait to sue them!
I use cloth diapers and bg 3.0 were my first ones, at first i liked them but got tired of the pocket stuffing. I got poo on me a few too many times. check out www.
diaper swappers.com with no spaces, there are a million brands and types of cloth diapers and i got alot of great info from that site.

after trying 18 different diapers we now use bagshot row bamboo diapers with a thirsties pul cover or luxe wool cover. feel free to pm me if you have any questions!