Ftm too soon to shop
I am 8 weeks today and im dying to shop even a little bit. My mom tells me i should wait another month or two just in case something happens. When did u ladies start shopping?opinions?
I did a lot of prep.  Bought a book by Consumer Reports and read up on baby things, and also the Girlfriends' Guide book on buying for the baby, and got the layette list that Babies R Us uses at their registry desk.  It helped to compare brands and all, and the gals at the registry desk at Babies R Us (at least in my town) were really sharp -- they knew off the top of their heads what car seat was selling the best and things like that.  

The only problem with shopping early, to me,  is that I think it would have entirely slayed me if I had done any happy, anticipatory shopping of cute little baby things, and then had miscarried and had to take the things back for that reason.  If you have a good person on standby who would do that for you, probably you could shop a little earlier.

The other thing to keep in mind is that if someone is giving you a shower (or showers), you will get a whole lot of the cute stuff on your registry list.  Nobody I've ever heard of ponies up for a crib mattress, for example, but all the darling little outfits, hats and blankets you'll ever want, come rolling in at showers.  So save yourself a little duplication of effort and resist all the darling stuff for a while.  

ps -- I give you permission to sneak one little cute outfit in under this prohibition.  Who could resist?   lol  
Thank u so much that was very helpful