Baby Products Community
Ftm too soon to shop

The Baby Products community is for discussions around various baby products offering suggestions, help and the best places to buy. This includes strollers, car seats, high chairs, toys, bottles, diapers,etc. Please note, links will be allowed in this community to discuss sales, but spamming and affiliate programs will not be tolerated

Ftm too soon to shop

I am 8 weeks today and im dying to shop even a little bit. My mom tells me i should wait another month or two just in case something happens. When did u ladies start shopping?opinions?
I did a lot of prep.  Bought a book by Consumer Reports and read up on baby things, and also the Girlfriends' Guide book on buying for the baby, and got the layette list that Babies R Us uses at their registry desk.  It helped to compare brands and all, and the gals at the registry desk at Babies R Us (at least in my town) were really sharp -- they knew off the top of their heads what car seat was selling the best and things like that.  

The only problem with shopping early, to me,  is that I think it would have entirely slayed me if I had done any happy, anticipatory shopping of cute little baby things, and then had miscarried and had to take the things back for that reason.  If you have a good person on standby who would do that for you, probably you could shop a little earlier.

The other thing to keep in mind is that if someone is giving you a shower (or showers), you will get a whole lot of the cute stuff on your registry list.  Nobody I've ever heard of ponies up for a crib mattress, for example, but all the darling little outfits, hats and blankets you'll ever want, come rolling in at showers.  So save yourself a little duplication of effort and resist all the darling stuff for a while.  

ps -- I give you permission to sneak one little cute outfit in under this prohibition.  Who could resist?   lol  
Thank u so much that was very helpful