Baby Products Community
Labor

The Baby Products community is for discussions around various baby products offering suggestions, help and the best places to buy. This includes strollers, car seats, high chairs, toys, bottles, diapers,etc. Please note, links will be allowed in this community to discuss sales, but spamming and affiliate programs will not be tolerated

Labor

Im 16 and im half way thru my pregnancy. Im starting to get scared about labor. What can i do?
Labor and delivery is always scary regardless if youve been through it before or not...i been through 2 and both were completely different.  What really helped me the second time around was attending a birthing class.  It really helped me understand what my body was going through to prepare for my babies delivery.  it didn't make it painless but it did help me to cope and Try to channel the pain away.  I had my first daughter when i was 17, and i wish i would've taken the class before because i had no clue what to expect and was so unprepared.  Good luck to you!!
Are the birthing classes free because i have heard about them but i always thought they cost money
I live around a clinic that is actually all cost free. U could.ask around or search the internet for the closest one to you. im sure everyone.has one. They do ultrasounds. Pregnancy tests. Birthing and parenting and breast feeding.classes all free. And u can taje those classes and get points and those points r like money u can get free stuff like.diapers and carseats and stuff like that
I live in Maryland and if your under 18 our health department offers free classes. Look into. I did not take a class either and will for baby number 2.
Luckily I had a easy labor and an amazing nurse who explained everything and how things would feel etc...
I took mine thru the hospital my doctor works with and they were free and I'm in Illinois.  Call your local hospital, after the class they even took us on a tour to see the labor and delivery departments.
Yes, take a class thru your health care provider if possible. I was absolutely panicky about labor and delivery. Honestly, once you're at that point, a lot of the fear goes away and you just want it done! A class will make a difference as far as options are concerned as well as what to expect. If you can get a hospital tour of the maternity ward that is also helpful. My hospital offered them and it was nice to see where all the action was going to go down ahead of time. A breastfeeding class is also good if you want to go down that road. Talk to your gyno and see what's available. Good luck!
Labor wasn't as bad as people make it out to be. I was in labor for 29 hours and I was fine. I'm glad I didn't waste my time on any childbirth classes because I ended up having a c section. If you don't take classes the nurses know everything they teach you in the classes and can tell you. Its really not as bad as you think. When you're done you're going to be like wow I was silly for stressing about it. I have a huge incision in my abdomen and I still think it wasn't that bad. Well I hated the c section when it was happening, but my beautiful baby girl was so worth it!  
I have two children amd didnt take classes with either of them,  tho i wish i had. I was 19 when i delivered my daughter and was im labor for 17 hours 5 of which i was pushing. Tht labor was very hard im not going to lie. Everyone is different. My labor with my son was AMAZING. I was in labor for about 16 hours but i only had hard labor for about 1 hour and pushed for 20 minutes. I would recommend taking classes so u kno what to expect. Dont plan on a c section bc it only happens if u cant deliver naturally . It is a very scary thing to think about bit i agree with the above post where u just want to het the baby out and b done. U will do amazing try not to stress about it and enjoy the rest of ur pregnancy. Keep posting to update us on how ur doing! Good luck and remember yes its alot to go thru and it may hurt like hell but wjen u look at ur baby for the first time all of tht pain and time is worth it i promise!!!!!!! Also the hospital has ways to make u more comfortable throughout ur labor so try not to stress about pain bc they can and will help but u have to ask for it!!!!
Im 19 and ive just gone through labour. i was scared myself until i cry as days get nearer and nearer. suddenly i felt a very bad pain at my back and thought it was just another back pain again. i cant stand the pain and i could hardly walk. My husband and mum say that its nothing. so my husband rushed me to the hosp cause i say i could take it anymore. guess what, the nurse say that im already 4cm wide. im not even ready for labour and i dont know what to do. while waiting they ask me whatkind of pain relief i wanted. lucky i chose the right one. cause the pain is so great. I chose epidural.. after that i could feel anything. from my waist downwards. but there are side effects.. like itchness and fever.. depends.. i could even laugh when pushing(: goodluck to you.. theres always a way out of all that pain.. after all of it is done you'll be rewarded with a cute little gift..