Baby Products Community
baby formula or my breast milk?

The Baby Products community is for discussions around various baby products offering suggestions, help and the best places to buy. This includes strollers, car seats, high chairs, toys, bottles, diapers,etc. Please note, links will be allowed in this community to discuss sales, but spamming and affiliate programs will not be tolerated

baby formula or my breast milk?

Is there a baby formula out that will be just as healthy as breast milk?
I originaly had my mind set on breast feeding but as I got more educated on this subject I decided to concider to use formula.
Sorry, nothing is as good for the baby as breast feeding.  I'm sorry your 'education' took you away from the idea.  It's easier, less hassle, more sanitary, less clean-up, and far more perfect a food for the baby.  Research even suggests that babies who are breast fed have higher IQs than babies who are not, but how they could prove that I do not know.  

Some women can't breast feed, and some don't want to, but if you can and like it, I sure wouldn't turn away from the idea.
I was a little weird about breast feeding at first. But I eventually decide to do it with my second child. It was the best decision I ever made. My daughter is incredibly smart and has the immune system of a champ. Plus the bonding time is awesome. And it helps with losing that baby weight.
N
Nothing is AS GOOD as breast milk. But there is a formula that quote on quote is "Closer than ever to breast milk", -& that would be Similac Advance, its the blue container.
Please don't let anyone make you feel less than a mom for deciding not to breast feed. I made the decision not to breast feed before I found out that I couldn't with my daughter. She is now almost 6 yrs old. She is so healthy and only ever been sick twice. Her pediatrician said no different than a child that was breast fed. We gave her Similac in the plastic container that is pre made. She had some issues with the powder form when she was first born. It is a little more expensive but well worth it. We are going to start stocking up early for this baby! Good luck and well wishes.
There really isn't a formula out their for an infant that provides the same benefits as breast milk plus breast milk is a lot healthier and safer for your baby.
But I agree with Courtney ur not any less of a mother for not breast feeding :)
I tried to breastfeed my daughter but she would not latch on so I was pumping and feeding her in a bottle for 6 weeks until I had to have surgery for mastitis. It caused me a breast abcess (abscess) that was extremely painful. Since then i used the blue similac and it was great she is very healthy and extremely smart. She is now 2 and knows things 4 year olds dont. I decided not to breastfeed for my baby on the way. Formula is great and its less of a hassle. Just choose what feels best to you and your schedule. I was a working mom so it was hard to pump for me at times. Do not feel like a bad mother for choosing formula.
I couldn't breast feed my first child who is as clever and healthy as any child. At the hospital i was made to feel like a terrible mother and the nurses wouldnt listen to me when i said that he wasnt latching and that i didnt have enough milk for him. With our second child we went straight onto formula because the stress of trying to feed the first was to much. We are now having number 3 and will formula feed this one as well. I believe every women has the right to choose what she wants for her baby and to not feel bad if she doesn't breast feed. Formula is made to provide all the things baby's need to grow.
Don't get me wrong i know that breast is best, but you do what suits and what you feel comfortable with
Hey there! Almost medical professionals will tell you, there is no substitute for breast milk. Breast milk has special ingredients in it specifically generated for the needs of the baby. Breast milk makes for a healthy infant child and adult, babies who drink breast milk have higher IQ's, vaccines in breast fed babies work better, they have fewer ear infections, diaper rash, colic among other childhood/ baby ailments! Everyone should try to breast feed their children! It's less expensive, healthier, and you loose that baby fat more quickly! Put some real effort into it!! It will pay off! Try more than once and seek held from professionals, don't give up! It's worth it! God bless you and your babies!
breast milk is the best for the baby. but dr do tell breast feeding mommys that giving the baby formula once in a while good because our milk dont have vitamin d. but other then that breast feeding the firsg best answer to feeding your baby. on the pluz side scientist discovered if a mommy breast feeds for a year she will lose 32 pounds I. total. ;)
i feel the same as the above comment states already. breast feeding May be the traditional way of doing it but i think its nonsense that it makes for a better child. my bottle fed daughter is faster at picking everything up than breast fed friends, extremely intelligent and is never sick. her breast fed buddies always seem to be sick and their speech and motor skills are poorer than my daughter. they act 2 where as my daughter is much more mature for her age... and this isn't me as a proud mum, these are things also noted on her nursery behavioural report. so breast fed isn't always best for baby, it annoys me when people preach that it is. what really is best for baby is that they feed, whatever way works for mum, as a stressed out mum or hungry baby doesn't make a happy home or baby. i used SMA formula after a week of torture trying to breast feed and my wee one not latching on.
good luck to you. x
good luck to you. x
good luck to you. x
If you can breastfeed you should. Some mommies out there wants to but can't due to some medical reason. If I can breastfeed I would love to do it.  We will see if I can produce milk. Anyways, human milk is for humans, and cow milk is for cows.  Thats what my midwife told me. Its really up to you.  You decide since you're the mommy.
...babys don't drink cows milk.
The most commonly used infant formulas contain purified cow's milk whey and casein as a protein source, a blend of vegetable oils as a fat source, lactose as a carbohydrate source, a vitamin-mineral mix, and other ingredients depending on the manufacturer. [3] In addition, there are infant formulas using soybean as a protein source in place of cow's milk (mostly in the United States and Great Britain) and formulas using protein hydrolysed into its component amino acids for infants who are allergic to other proteins. An upswing in breastfeeding in many countries has been accompanied by a deferment in the average age of introduction of baby foods (including cow's milk), resulting in both increased breastfeeding and increased use of infant formula between the ages of 3- and 12-months.

Just thought I'd put it out there

Source : Wikipedia
if it was bad for babies it wouldn't be made or be readily available. people can't always breast feed and don't need preaching from closed minded people. you maybe aren't a mother already... its not always as simple as just 'breast is best' so do it.
mums who want to bottle feed do it. its up to you and don't feel pressured by any self righteous preachers.
Jenniebaby2 you have to read my comment again because I didn't preach at all. I even said that I myself might not be able to breast feed and hoping I could. I'm just giving my input. In the end its her decision. I'm not forcing here. And as far as my second comment that was from the "cows milk " I'm talking about. So peace to you sweety.
Why? Why do people insist on trying to guilt you into doing it. I have one child that's in the 99% and he never gets sick when the rest of us do. He's 6, in perfect shape and healthy as an ox. And he's the only one I formula fed. Ha! I loved Enfamil with lipids, yellow container. They have a generic version of it at Sam's club. $20 for a huge container. It seemed the most like breast milk because I didn't at all see a change in their stools and I did with other formulas.
Well said. I think in this day and age there is such an advancement in feeding. There is no longer the 'need' to breast feed to make a healthy child.
Not saying its wrong of course but us bottle feeding mums always get looked down on.
Like i previously said my bottle fed girl is better in a lot of aspects than her breast fed friends.. Your milk only gives your baby the right nutrients if you eat or drink the right stuff yourself. Most people don't eat all their daily goals in vitamins and minerals... So your baby won't get them.
Can anything made by man ever be compared to what The Creator of the heavens and the earth has made......never. breast milk is by far better and powder milk can never ever come close. I breastfeed all my 3 children for 2 whole years and all of then are very healthy and have not had the illnesses children get from bottle feeding plus with breast feeding no constipation, no hassle, milk is always at the right temp. The first 3 weeks are hard because if the pain but once you get passed that it doesn't hurt anyone and the benefits far outweigh the little hardship.
Also just to add that many people do not realise but the weight you gain in pregnancy has many used and one is fat build up for your milk so once you start breastfeeding the weight drops off. I have heard many people complain they can't loose their baby weight abd my advice to them is to breastfeed for up to 2 years and the weight comes off. That's my personal advice and others may have a different opinion but as the medical world even know breast is best. Take care.