Baby Products Community
baby powder????
About This Community:

The Baby Products community is for discussions around various baby products offering suggestions, help and the best places to buy. This includes strollers, car seats, high chairs, toys, bottles, diapers,etc. Please note, links will be allowed in this community to discuss sales, but spamming and affiliate programs will not be tolerated

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

baby powder????

So we met our pediatritian today and he just mentioned a few things that we wouldnt need to buy...baby powder was one of them. I mean its whatever but I was just curious as to why baby powder shouldnt be used.
9 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
3062924_tn?1350417709
My mom told me for girls it bothers their privates.  I never heard anything else about it
Blank
4309243_tn?1353923391
I used powder on my daughters neck. As it was getting a bit red and uncomfortable foe her.... Just to keep it dry.
Blank
I've been told baby powder is bad for the baby's lungs.  Which is really too bad because it smells so good!  I've seen lotion form baby powder that wouldn't cause powder in the air to get in your baby's lungs.  If you're wanting to use baby powder you should ask if that would be okay!  By the way congratulations!
Blank
4191640_tn?1361178327
I had to look this up myself as I never heard why you shouldn't.....

The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends against using baby powder as do many individual pediatricians. The issue is the talc that once was used in powders but, fortunately, has been eliminated in many of these products.The danger is that babies can easily inhale tiny particles of it that are light enough to be carried in the air. When inhaled, talc can dry an infant's mucous membranes, adversely affect the baby's breathing, and cause serious lung damage. Studies have shown that talc can lead to shortness of breath and wheezing in babies and can also lead to obstruction of the airways. Some babies have developed pneumonia and some have died as a result of respiratory failure from inhaling the powder. As an alternative to baby powder, you can use over-the-counter creams or ointments made for treating diaper rash. Petroleum jelly is another option.

drweil.com/drw/u/QAA401185/How-Bad-Is-Baby-Powder.html

babycenter.com/406_is-it-safe-to-use-baby-powder-on-my-baby_1519559.bc
Blank
its not good for babies to inhale powder but it help chafing an all parts that rub or sweat..i always use a meditated brand.
Blank
wow never new that!!!!!
Blank
Ive also read that women shouldn't use powdered mineral make up for the same reason :/
Blank
I've heard same reason it goes into the baby's lungs..  Cakes up cam cause asthma alotvif breathing issues...  The few times I needed or used on my 4 kids in 28 weeks with number 5 just put tiny bit in my hands, rub in my hands so not all over in the air away from baby then rubbed of.  Neck private area etc. Good luck :)
Blank
Well baby power soaks up peee and also more confy for the baby and makes them smell fresh
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Baby Products Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...