Baby Products Community
baby shower?

The Baby Products community is for discussions around various baby products offering suggestions, help and the best places to buy. This includes strollers, car seats, high chairs, toys, bottles, diapers,etc. Please note, links will be allowed in this community to discuss sales, but spamming and affiliate programs will not be tolerated

baby shower?

Should i have a baby shower. This is my 2nd baby i dont kno what i am going to have just yet but i wanted to kno is it ok to have a baby shower even tho its not my first baby?
Avatar n tn
I'm having one, I am pregnant with my second as well. But my first is 6 years old, so we don't have any of her hand me down clothes anymore.
The rule once was that one baby shower was enough, but that was when women would have many babies close together and never get rid of those cloth diapers and baby clothes.  If there is some time between the children, as MrsBaze mentions, or if the child is a different gender, sometimes a second-baby shower is thrown.  Often they do a sip-n-see, the party that is thrown after the baby is born, and if people want to bring presents it is their lookout.  There is also a rule that modern young women resist all the time on this site but it might make more sense in the case of a second shower, and that is that the pregnant woman should not throw the shower herself.  If you have a friend willing to throw it, and especially if there is some time between the babies, I don't think anyone would raise an eyebrow if you have one.
I just found out I am pregnant with my second child... I never had a baby shower with my first who is 7 years old and have people already wanting to will plan and throw me a baby shower later on in this pregnancy :) so exciting!!!! My two younger sisters are beyond excited!!!!
Thank you for the information. My son will be 5 before the baby comes. I am really liking the sip n see concept. Ive never heard of anyone ever doing that around where I live so it will be a first and is very different.