Aa
A
A
Close
bassinet or pack n play?
What do you ladies suggest is better/convenient for your new born, a bassinet or a pack n play with a changer? The pack n play is only some bucks more than a bassinet but it has a little changer for the baby which a bassinet is just somewhere to sleep..ftm just wanting to get some opinions :) thanks ladies!
Cancel
15 Answers
Page 1 of 1
A pack in play is very convenient but since I'm having a girl I got a cute bassinet with a canopy but its just for the first two months. For Christmas I'm getting a crib with the changing table.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
I went with a bassinet for my boy due in Sep. Didn't like the pack and play.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
With my daughter I went with a bassinet and I loved it so I'm probably gonna get this this little guy a bassinet too :)
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Aww okay :) I've been looking at some bassinets that are just so adorable! I'll put both on my list and see what happens :)
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
pack n play cause you can always use it until your babies 2
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Honestly we have all three, pack n play, bassinet & crib.  Our bassinet is in our bedroom by our bed, the crib is in her nursery & the pack n play is in the living room.  We got a used bassinet for $20, the crib is a Graco Lauren Classic, brand new  for$130 (i used a coupon, lol) and we got the Graco On the Go $59 pack n play.  It's nice having three different beds for my newborn bc she can go from one room to the other with me, nurse, then I can put her nearby.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
As far as changing baby, we just sit on the bed & change her on a portable changing pad... Your back will hurt leaning over that pack n play to change your baby.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
They make pack n plays with bassinets
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
8765540 tn?1407592517
I used a pack n play with my 2nd baby and I liked it. it think im going to buy a new one for this baby girl, so she can sleep in my room. I was thinking of gettin a bassinet,  but a playpen is 10 to 30 bucks more and has a lot more uses for almost 2 yrs.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
CountryMomToBe I want all three too in a way! But i want the bassinet and crib in her room. I'm ordering her bassinet off kmart and crib from Walmart, still undecided on the pack and play.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
6628393 tn?1398792876
I am using the pack and play with the bassinet attachment.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Oh how nice! I don't think I've seen the pack n plays with the bassinet but now I'm going to definitely look into it :)
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
the pack n play will.  last longer in use in my opinion. my son outgrew his bass. within a month but my daughter could use it longer, the push n play we used through out though and it was portable
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
8462611 tn?1405004788
I kind of want all three....I know that I'm for sure buying a pack n' play for the on the go convenince of it and the Crib for my baby's room. The bassinet is purely a want...I'm a ftm and I want it. It really is just that simple for me. I'm putting them both on the registry and hopefully I get one or the other that way I don't have to spend the money for both.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
I have all three too. I like the bassinet in my room while baby is little. I worry about breathing, it bit brain gable to hear the baby cry (even with monitors) so it helps me sleep better in the beginning. I like the crib because it's just nice to have in the baby's room. Pack and play is great for when baby has to go stay with grandparents or you are traveling, or just want them to nap in a different room. If I had to pick one though is go with the pack and play though.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.
Baby Products Community Resources
Top Babies Answerers
287071 tn?1365196113
Blank