Baby Products Community
best bottles to use when breast feeding?
About This Community:

The Baby Products community is for discussions around various baby products offering suggestions, help and the best places to buy. This includes strollers, car seats, high chairs, toys, bottles, diapers,etc. Please note, links will be allowed in this community to discuss sales, but spamming and affiliate programs will not be tolerated

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

best bottles to use when breast feeding?

I am 32 weeks  with my first child and I plan on breast feeding but I'm not sure which bottle is best to use when breast feeding??
Related Discussions
6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I used playtex dropins.  The shape mimicks the breast and they are easy to use and clean.  All the pieces come apart and are dishwasher safe which is great.
Blank
My favorite was the Playtex Nurser system...that's the drop-in system with the big nipples. Second behind that was the Playtex Evenflo? system...the one with the angled bottle to reduce gas? I'm not sure of the name but you'd recognize them. The nipples are smaller but mimicked the latch on to the breast very well.
Blank
The bent bottles are the Playtex Ventaire System.  Again, extremely easy cleanup.
Blank
1416390_tn?1333905204
I think the nipple is the most important aspect.  I am using Dr Browns.  I am not that impressed with them BUT I love the nipples- the 'preemie' nipples are very slow!!!!!!!  This has been helpful for me since my babies were in the NICU and the moment they wake up they are demanding!!!!!!!!!  This at least makes breast feeding some-what comparable to the bottle!! When we were using faster nipples the babies would not even try to breast feed.  Hope this helps!
Blank
179530_tn?1368940203
I like all of the above suggestions. Start using a bottle AFTER breastfeeding has been established (usually takes a few weeks). If you are having trouble w/ latch, spoon or cup feed. Avoid any artificial nipples until you and the baby have breastfeeding established as this may confuse the baby further (no paci, bottle, or nipple shield) :)

It's so great that you are making such an awesome decision. Come check out the breastfeeding community! You'll love & learn a lot there.
Blank
2022046_tn?1334498234
Defiantly the playtex nurser system! I used it with both my son and daughter abd plan to with this one as well. They each switched between breast, bottle, and playtex binky pacifier without any problems or nipple confusion. As stated in the post above as well as advocated by many, you are advised to wait to introduce bottle/pacifier, I disagree. I introduced pacifier right away and had my husband give then each a bottle ob their first night home. Again, we never had any problems. Playtex is great. Good luck and congrstulations.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Baby Products Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Control Emotional Eating with this ...