Baby Products Community
can i get pregnant?

The Baby Products community is for discussions around various baby products offering suggestions, help and the best places to buy. This includes strollers, car seats, high chairs, toys, bottles, diapers,etc. Please note, links will be allowed in this community to discuss sales, but spamming and affiliate programs will not be tolerated

can i get pregnant?

My OBgyne Dr. Just diagnose  me having  PCOS/ polycystic ovaries syndrome. MY FRIEND told me that if you have PCOS you can't have baby anymore..
Is it true? Or there's still a possibility that i can still have 1.. actually I alreasy have a  5yr. Old baby  ..
Hey I have pcos have done for several years im now 19+5 Weeks pregnant :) pcos can cause fertility issues but it can be controlled through diet and meds.
Www.verity-pcos.org.uk is a brilliant UK based charity for pcos and has so much helpful information
Hope ive helped some xxx
Hey i have pcos as well and i am currently pregnant. Rhwy had mentioned that to my mom about not being able to get pregnant with pcos and now she has 2. Don't always believe everything thats said. Theres always hope and  chance
Its definitely possible if you ovulate at least once in a while.
Try Fertilitea. works in like two weeks even if you have pcos. (: good luck
I was diagnosed with PCOS sometime last year. It freaked me out too because I was told that it would take some serious work on my part, along with some fertility drugs, to be able to conceive. My diabetes-prevention doctor had wanted to put me on Metformin and after a brief, yet necessary talk with my serious boyfriend, we decided that it would be best to go on it. Metformin has been known to cause extra fertility since it helps ovulation. In my personal opinion, minus the health hiccups in the beginning, Metformin was a god-sent! After going on it in November of 2011, we are now surprisingly pregnant since July 25th, 2012. I should add that I'm not your "typical" PCOS patient. I'm not quite over weight, I didn't experience extra hair growth, but I did have polycyclic ovaries that caused a hospital visit or two since diagnosis. Good luck! And don't lose hope! That's rule number 1!
I am 16 weeks preg and have pcos...Metformin is a
Miracle!!!! I have been with my husband ten years...never used protection and therefore believed doc when they told me pregnancy would be difficult! My baby is growing strong! Keep your head up and God bless!
I have pcos, was told I couldn't conceive by a few physicians. After 2 miscarriages, I found a reproductive endocrinologist, who put me on metformin, and Femara to adjust my ovulation to the right time. I now have a healthy rascal son :-), who is 11 months old...AND I am 11 weeks preg with our second. Don't believe negativity..just keep searching....and exercise, with a low glycemic index diet.
I personally feel that these doctors tell you that you can't get pregnant so that you have to spend lots of money on drugs and treatments.. I am overweight and was diagnosed with severe pcos over 5 years ago. At that time, I was a healthy 145 and played college volleyball and swam competitively. They told me that I would never conceive without at least.1-3 years of fertility treatments and medications. When I got married, military doctors told me it should be even more impossible since I was now considered overweight (thanks to the several forms of birth control I was on to help the cramping caused by pcos) I finally decided to stop taking their meds and took some prenatals instead. Within a few months I conceived. I am now 20 weeks pregnant with our beautiful baby girl and even went back to the doctors and told them they were so wrong. We can't wait to meet our angel and even though I wll go back to cramping and long periods, it will be worth it to know we can make a baby all on our own..even with severe pcos!!