Baby Products Community
questioning having another baby shower

The Baby Products community is for discussions around various baby products offering suggestions, help and the best places to buy. This includes strollers, car seats, high chairs, toys, bottles, diapers,etc. Please note, links will be allowed in this community to discuss sales, but spamming and affiliate programs will not be tolerated

questioning having another baby shower

My husband and I each have 2 kids from previous relationships and are now having one together. I felt guilty having a second shower for my daughter when I had one for my son and now is family wants to throw me another one becuase this is our first together. We didn't have a wedding but are married so I wanted to have a wedding reception/baby shower/ meet the family bbq but not sure if that would be taky. Any advice
Whether or not it is a barbeque (which is a bit active for celebrating your advent into the family as a couple, you're supposed to be the honorees on such an occasion not the cook) it would certainly be appropriate to have a gathering!  And by the way, congratulations on your marriage. :)  If it leans more to welcoming you into the family as a married couple, the event should lean a little more to looking like a reception, (champagne and a light meal), if you are throwing it yourself to present the new baby to the world, it should more resemble a shower or a tea.  If you could get someone else to host, a bbq would work if that is the common local way to do celebratory meals.  The main thing not to lose track of is that this is to honor your marriage and your new baby.  Throwing a bbq yourself might look like same-old same-old.  Talk to your husband's family.  In your shoes, I'd be tempted to let them throw you a shower (it's nice of them to do it), and to do a party that honors your marriage on your first anniversary or other milestone.
I had a bbq for my daughter and had an amazing turn out.