things you forgot to buy?
For momys with children already, im a Ftm here I'm wondering what things you forgot to buy or wish you bought before baby arrived? I'm only 33w and already scared of forgetting something I'll need! Lol thanks! <3
bump! I wonder the same thing!! Lol I'm 36 weeks
Anyone?? Lol
In actual fact babies don't need much of anything. Diapers, of course, and simple clothing. Lotions are not necessary, and plain water is better anyway. Sheets and a couple of light blankets for the crib. A flannel to wrap your baby. A couple of small bottles. I really can't thing of anything else.
The swaddle blanket wrap thing that they used in the hospital was great, we bought one and used it with two of my kids...

So many stores (Target and Babies R Us) have suggested registries that really cover what you'll need...

Best of luck!
If you are watching your money, you can use a large square of soft cotton cloth to swaddle your baby. I learned to do it that way long before swaddling came back into fashion.
Alcohol for their belly buttons! It helps it the cord dry up and makes falling off easier. It was something I had to pick up on the way home.
We had a crib but decided to get a bassinet on our way home from the hospital.
The one thing I wish I had gotten at my shower or b4 the baby was born was a thermometer. It comes in handy.
Wow... I missed a lot of things before I had my first baby. Sterilizer, baby mittens and hoodies, alcohol, swaddle blanky (must have!) and baby water. We kinda just forgot about it.
I agree with the Mommies above the don't actually need a ton right at first.  Decide where they will sleep co-sleeping, bassinet etc blankets.  I used large recieving blanket ti swaddle.  Of course diapers.  I recommed a small pack of two brands because my little one was allergic to pampers.  If it is a summer baby you dont necessarily need hats.  Mittens are nice if you have a scratcher but ibjust used socks and kept the nsils short.  If you want to use a passy I also suggest a few kinds and both silicone and latex.   My daughter finally settled on the cheapest walmart latex brand it was funny.  Same with her bottle nipples when I had to stop breastfeeding had to be playtex drop ins.  I suggest a boppy pillow for both breast feeding and bottle.  Healthy snacks for mom while she breastfeeds I used to get so thirsty and hungry.  Dont waste money on a wipe warmer...tgen when you are out and about my little one would scream when I wiped even if I tried to warm it.
I agree with the Mommies above the don't actually need a ton right at first.  Decide where they will sleep co-sleeping, bassinet etc blankets.  I used large recieving blanket ti swaddle.  Of course diapers.  I recommed a small pack of two brands because my little one was allergic to pampers.  If it is a summer baby you dont necessarily need hats.  Mittens are nice if you have a scratcher but ibjust used socks and kept the nsils short.  If you want to use a passy I also suggest a few kinds and both silicone and latex.   My daughter finally settled on the cheapest walmart latex brand it was funny.  Same with her bottle nipples when I had to stop breastfeeding had to be playtex drop ins.  I suggest a boppy pillow for both breast feeding and bottle.  Healthy snacks for mom while she breastfeeds I used to get so thirsty and hungry.  Dont waste money on a wipe warmer...tgen when you are out and about my little one would scream when I wiped even if I tried to warm it.  When it comes down to it less is more.  Every baby/mom is different and you dont wsnt to waste a ton of money on things/b r ands you end up not needing.