Baby Products Community
things you forgot to buy?
About This Community:

The Baby Products community is for discussions around various baby products offering suggestions, help and the best places to buy. This includes strollers, car seats, high chairs, toys, bottles, diapers,etc. Please note, links will be allowed in this community to discuss sales, but spamming and affiliate programs will not be tolerated

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

things you forgot to buy?

For momys with children already, im a Ftm here I'm wondering what things you forgot to buy or wish you bought before baby arrived? I'm only 33w and already scared of forgetting something I'll need! Lol thanks! <3
11 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
bump! I wonder the same thing!! Lol I'm 36 weeks
Blank
Anyone?? Lol
Blank
757137_tn?1347200053
In actual fact babies don't need much of anything. Diapers, of course, and simple clothing. Lotions are not necessary, and plain water is better anyway. Sheets and a couple of light blankets for the crib. A flannel to wrap your baby. A couple of small bottles. I really can't thing of anything else.
Blank
287071_tn?1365196113
The swaddle blanket wrap thing that they used in the hospital was great, we bought one and used it with two of my kids...

So many stores (Target and Babies R Us) have suggested registries that really cover what you'll need...

Best of luck!
Blank
757137_tn?1347200053
If you are watching your money, you can use a large square of soft cotton cloth to swaddle your baby. I learned to do it that way long before swaddling came back into fashion.
Blank
Alcohol for their belly buttons! It helps it the cord dry up and makes falling off easier. It was something I had to pick up on the way home.
Blank
We had a crib but decided to get a bassinet on our way home from the hospital.
Blank
The one thing I wish I had gotten at my shower or b4 the baby was born was a thermometer. It comes in handy.
Blank
Wow... I missed a lot of things before I had my first baby. Sterilizer, baby mittens and hoodies, alcohol, swaddle blanky (must have!) and baby water. We kinda just forgot about it.
Blank
I agree with the Mommies above the don't actually need a ton right at first.  Decide where they will sleep co-sleeping, bassinet etc blankets.  I used large recieving blanket ti swaddle.  Of course diapers.  I recommed a small pack of two brands because my little one was allergic to pampers.  If it is a summer baby you dont necessarily need hats.  Mittens are nice if you have a scratcher but ibjust used socks and kept the nsils short.  If you want to use a passy I also suggest a few kinds and both silicone and latex.   My daughter finally settled on the cheapest walmart latex brand it was funny.  Same with her bottle nipples when I had to stop breastfeeding had to be playtex drop ins.  I suggest a boppy pillow for both breast feeding and bottle.  Healthy snacks for mom while she breastfeeds I used to get so thirsty and hungry.  Dont waste money on a wipe warmer...tgen when you are out and about my little one would scream when I wiped even if I tried to warm it.
Blank
I agree with the Mommies above the don't actually need a ton right at first.  Decide where they will sleep co-sleeping, bassinet etc blankets.  I used large recieving blanket ti swaddle.  Of course diapers.  I recommed a small pack of two brands because my little one was allergic to pampers.  If it is a summer baby you dont necessarily need hats.  Mittens are nice if you have a scratcher but ibjust used socks and kept the nsils short.  If you want to use a passy I also suggest a few kinds and both silicone and latex.   My daughter finally settled on the cheapest walmart latex brand it was funny.  Same with her bottle nipples when I had to stop breastfeeding had to be playtex drop ins.  I suggest a boppy pillow for both breast feeding and bottle.  Healthy snacks for mom while she breastfeeds I used to get so thirsty and hungry.  Dont waste money on a wipe warmer...tgen when you are out and about my little one would scream when I wiped even if I tried to warm it.  When it comes down to it less is more.  Every baby/mom is different and you dont wsnt to waste a ton of money on things/b r ands you end up not needing.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Baby Products Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank