Baby Products Community
what is the best brand formul milk to use

The Baby Products community is for discussions around various baby products offering suggestions, help and the best places to buy. This includes strollers, car seats, high chairs, toys, bottles, diapers,etc. Please note, links will be allowed in this community to discuss sales, but spamming and affiliate programs will not be tolerated

Hi ladies, I live in the UK, I plan to breast feed however I want to be prepared for any eventuality, so I want to purchase some formula just in case I can't breast feed for whatever reason... Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone could offer any advice on the brand? I'm a ftm so I have no idea!! I'm 32weeks tomorrow. :) any response appreciated! Thanks x
personally I wouldn't buy any as it depends purely on the baby, when I had ny first I breast feed then moved in to sma , well bad move after drinking he would throw up the whole bottle, so we tried aptimal, and sane think but unit as bad, then we tried cow and gate and thank god he loved it. So my advice would be knit to waste your money buying in advance  as it  depends on the little one. And when you do buy just start with the small ready made cartons for just one feed as you don't want a whole tub and urge child can't keep it down. hope this helps
Enfamil. I used it with my first and plan to with my second when he gets formula. Its a lot easier on a babies tummy. I'd stay away from similac because every baby I have encountered that had been on it had excessive spit up and stomach issues. Each of which went away when I recommended that their parents switch to enfamil.
They type of formula that you are going to be able to use will all depend on what your baby is going to be able to handle.  The best peice of advice I got from my OB when my breast milk ran out, he told me that all formula had to be approved to be on the shelf, and has the same nutrients in it no matter the brand (other than the lactose free ones of course).  I would wait to pick it up until you need it.  And then I would only buy a small can so you can make sure it isn't going to upset your babies tummy!
I supplemented after 4 months of exclusive breastfeeding. Pumps never worked for me and hand expressing was very painful so I turned to formula. I would consult with your pediatrician first but we used gerber good start and I mixed my breast milk with it at first so it wasn't such a shock to my daughters system. Just remember whatever you choose to do talk to your pediatrician and keep them informed of what you are doing so if an allergic reaction was to happen it doesn't come as a shock. Also remember when you are breastfeeding there are going to be things you eat that upset your babys stomach. I kept a journal to help me determine what those things were and also kept track of bm's of baby and other things that you forget about when you go see the doctor. Good luck and congrats!!!!
Its always good to buy it just in case breastfeeding isnt doing well ir baby will need to eat some how.. I use enfamil it works fine for my son I heard similac is good too
Thanks very much ladies! You've all helped loads!
Sign up for the Similac and Enfamil websites. I did and was sent free formula from Similac--I think I got three cans over time. I had horrible supply issues so I had to end up using formula, so it was nice to have it on hand and be able to try it out for free (my pedi said it was fine, too). Incidentally, I never had any issues with this brand at all. The baby liked it fine.
I made sure both my babies had at least one bottle while at the hospital just in case of an allergic reaction I used enfamil with my first and store brand similac with my second it was a lot of trial and error though before I figured it out. The pediatrician told me to give them at least a week before switching formulas