Baby Products Community
when is the best time to start buying baby stuff

The Baby Products community is for discussions around various baby products offering suggestions, help and the best places to buy. This includes strollers, car seats, high chairs, toys, bottles, diapers,etc. Please note, links will be allowed in this community to discuss sales, but spamming and affiliate programs will not be tolerated

Im 13 weeks pregnant and its my first time .. And im not sure when to start buying baby stuff.ive looked here and there but ever time i get a second opinion off my mum she says any thing could happen and that theres plenty of time an i understand that but i want to slowly buy things and not rush so i know im getting the best for the money
Im 13 weeks with my second baby. I didn't know I was pregnant with my first until I was 7 months so that was a crazy rush.
This time I wanted to slowly build up supplies, but not have a house full of nappies by my 6th month.So far I've got a couple of outfits, a blanket and baby bath time stuff.
I think if you allow yourself the odd blanket and babygro now, you won't get swamped. By about 5months I will start stocking up in earnest.
Its sad but true that anything can happen. its on my mind with everything I buy that if the worst happens then I will have to return or sell this stuff. but you can't let it stop you enjoying this wonderful time :)
Lots of ppl tell me not to buy anything until after my baby shower. I am 19.wks and I havent  bought anything but lots of things have been given to me. I suggest waiting til after your baby shower.but theres nothing wrong with buying little things like blankets and burp.clothes...
I'm 8 weeks w my 3rd and I suggest starting now w small stuff
I am 11 weeks and my husband and I decided we are going to start picking up diapers in different sizes once a week once I hit the 2nd trimester. Once I know the gender we are going to start picking up outfits in different sizes