Back & Neck Pain Expert Forum
Back pain and bruising

Questions in the Back & Neck Pain forum are answered by medical professionals and experts in their field. Topics covered include herniated disc, pinched nerves, sciatica, degenerative spine disease, spinal stenosis, spine trauma and fractures, and pine tumors.

Back pain and bruising
I have a degenerative disc disease, and other lower back problems.  I have been noticing bruising on my legs mostly on the inner side above my knees.  Can having a bad lower back cause these bruises?   I have also been taking Crestor for high colesteral and fish oil supplements.  I read that fish oil supplements can cause bruising.

I just had complete blood work done and the only thing that was found was that I had high colesteral.   What could be causing this bruising??

Tim
There is no direct connection between degenerative disc disease and bruising.
Pain meds though can be a cause of bruising in some people.
You should see an internist and get a full work up.