Botox injections in neck-side effects?
I received Botox neck/shoulder injections in Jan for pain due to car accident. The dr. DOUBLED dosage and I am very ill-severe headaches everyday, dizziness, lightheadedness, nausea, pressure in my head. When I benf down to tie my shoe, it takes all the strength I can muster to lift my neck back upright. I get severely dizzy and lightheaded, and I have to grab on to something to get back up. The dr. said it it is the flu and Botox does'nt cause these side effects.Effects started the next day after I got the injections. I could barely lift/lower my right arm. Found on Web and these are side effects and showed it to him. He scheduled me for bloodwork & MRI of neck and spinal (tests came back normal). He scheduled me for a carotid artery andit showed 40-60% narrowing of artery. He asked if I have high BP. I said no. He asked if I have cholesterol problems. I said no. He asked if I smoke. I don't. He asked if I am diabetic. I am not. He asked if I ever had any mini-strokes or TIAs. I said no. Is it possible that he may have injected a vein or artery by mistake and that it is affecting and narrowing my carotid artery? When I asked him why he doubled the dosage without me knowing, he said that he wanted to inject more in the large muscle areas of the neck. I was in perfect health, except for neck pain from the car accident. Now I have this carotid artery problem and all these severe side effects from the Botox! It is so hard to function with all this dizziness. I can't sleep, and it is affecting me day and night. Is my body reacting violently to the double dosage of Botox? The dr. said I must be sensitive. I am in pain too (neck area). Can you assist and enlighten me if this is possible? I have to go for an MRI of the brain. I am terrified! Has anyone else gone through anything like this? Anybody experience my symptoms???
It is unlikely that the botox injection is the cause of your carotid stenosis.
I would suggest that you see a neurosurgeon for an opinion.
A related discussion, pain blocker  side effects was started.
A related discussion, Botox for neck and back pain was started.