Back & Neck Pain Expert Forum
C7 Pain

Questions in the Back & Neck Pain forum are answered by medical professionals and experts in their field. Topics covered include herniated disc, pinched nerves, sciatica, degenerative spine disease, spinal stenosis, spine trauma and fractures, and pine tumors.

C7 Pain

I really am seeking adivse from this posting from many angles. First, I will give you the abbrieveated low down on my condition past and present.

Currently I have had sevear pain in my left shouldder and left arm.  This pain started four weeks ago as a knot between the shoulder blade and spine.  The pain has raidiated down the arm and pretty much disables the arm when I am too sore or under medicated to use it.  At the moment I am medicated and pecking out these letters.  For all you doctors the pain has been a 9 to 10 for over two weeks.  I have been to an urgent care facitly to receive valium and hydocoden (7.5), been to the ER to receive shots on the pressure point and 300mg of gabepaentin for nerve pain, been to my Family Doctor who sent me to the Pain Management Doctors here in Texas.  I didnt actually see a pain managment doctor but rather his PE.  She quickly came to the conclusion that I needed to have cervical facet injections and trigger point injections to ease my pain.  He also prescribed a larger dose (10mg) of hydrocodin and 5mg of flexeril and wanted to make the appointment in two days.

As i mentioned to the PE, not the DR. I have had injections into the spine in the past and I thought it be best to wait for the MRI results (results show two herniated disk in c7 area) and consult with Neurologist.  I didn't think she was too thrilled with my suggestion but she gave me the scripts and sent me on my way.

What she did not take the time to talk with me about was my back history.  I have had cronic (chronic) back pain for 15 years.  I have been treated with all of the mentioned drugs before and they have helped get thru these painful times.  During our talk I told her that the 7.5 mg hydrodin was not working well and I was having burning thru the painless times more quickly than I have had in the past. She still set me up with hydrocodin.

Tags: pains
I would suggest that you get seen by a neurosurgeon or neurospine specialist and have a thorough and complete spine examination and review of all your medical records and scans.
Pain managment may be helpful but could be temporary in relief if you have a significant disc prolapse as the prime cause of your problems.