Back & Neck Pain Expert Forum
Left arm pain

Questions in the Back & Neck Pain forum are answered by medical professionals and experts in their field. Topics covered include herniated disc, pinched nerves, sciatica, degenerative spine disease, spinal stenosis, spine trauma and fractures, and pine tumors.

Left arm pain

About 2 weeks ago, during the course of the day, I developed pain in my neck. My wife rubbed it and it didn't really get any better. It got so bad that my left arm, the tricep area, went numb. It eventually moved between the middle fingers of my left hand. It started to feel much better this week with localized pain in the elbow and tricep area and tingling in the first finger. Today the pain near the tricep is much greater again and numb first left finger. When I sit up straight and turn my head to the right, my first finger shoots pain. Is this a pinched nerve? Should I go to hospital?
Yes this certainly could be a pinched nerve from a neck problem.
I would suggest that you see a neurosurgeon.

Dr Prem Pillay