Back & Neck Pain Expert Forum
NEED HELP BADLY NOT SURE WHAT TO DO

Questions in the Back & Neck Pain forum are answered by medical professionals and experts in their field. Topics covered include herniated disc, pinched nerves, sciatica, degenerative spine disease, spinal stenosis, spine trauma and fractures, and pine tumors.

NEED HELP BADLY NOT SURE WHAT TO DO

Hi i am a 25 year old female.  A few years ago I was diagnosed with mirgranes. Over the last 3 years I have had the worst neck pain in the world it is located right where the base of the skull and spine meet. this has cost me to get dizzy and also i have numbness and tingling in my arms sometimes. I went to a chriopractor several times and they all tell me that the natural curve that we have in our necks i dont have but it never seems to help when i see them i dont know what to do anymore
Your new pain does not sound like a migraine problem. You could have cervical disc problems as a cause for these problems. I would suggest that you consult with a neurosurgeon and have an MRI done. Based on this recommendations can be given regarding pain meds, physio and other treatments.
hi! urs is the case of cervical myeloradiculopathy.I dont know ur proffession...but,u take rest as possible. Lie down on a hard surface with one inch cotton mattress and with a support of 3 inches cotton pillow under ur neck in side lying down position.This one will give u immediate relief.Apply eucalyptus oil or menthol oil on the spot of ur spine and thake rest for one hour.Avoid forward berndings and lifting of weights. Dont worry this not a disease and only a mechanicl discomfort and some patience u need to exert to get rid of this. u follow these initial precautions and let me know how much relief u got then i will tell u home treatments to get rid of this permanently.ok..best of luck -dr.madhu  
A related discussion, Mattress choice was started.