Back & Neck Pain Expert Forum
Nerve infection

Questions in the Back & Neck Pain forum are answered by medical professionals and experts in their field. Topics covered include herniated disc, pinched nerves, sciatica, degenerative spine disease, spinal stenosis, spine trauma and fractures, and pine tumors.

Nerve infection
I do not know what topic regarding my wife's neck pain and also affecting her arm and figures. Can you suggest what kind of specialist she should see. She went to her family doctor and he only gave her medicines of BACLOFEN and IBUPROFEN.

Because she had this problem for a few months already, I think she is better to see a specialist. We live in Norwalk, CA 90650

Best regards,
Tim G.
If her pain is not relieved by pain medications I would suggest that she does see a Neurosurgeon and gets a neuro+spine evaluation and an MRI of the neck. She could have a slipped disc in the neck as a cause of her problems.
A related discussion, DEBILITATING PAIN IN UPPER BACK  - NEAR SHOULDER BLADES was started.