Back & Neck Pain Expert Forum
Not sure where to post, lower back pain

Questions in the Back & Neck Pain forum are answered by medical professionals and experts in their field. Topics covered include herniated disc, pinched nerves, sciatica, degenerative spine disease, spinal stenosis, spine trauma and fractures, and pine tumors.

Not sure where to post, lower back pain

I am having pain in my back on my lower right side, I am told this is where my kidney is.  I also have noticed that my urine is very bright in color, almost neon yellow.  I woke up this morning and I am so sore in the right side.  Is it possible that I have a kidney infection or kidney stones?  I am also concerned this could be related to my appendix.

Avatar_dr_m_tn
You should go an be evaluated by your doctor if you are continuing to have pain and it worries you. You should have some tests and an exam done to figure out what is going on. It could very well be nothing at all.

Pain in the back lower right side can be from kidney stones, infection, discs, back strain, etc. Stones can be very painful but usually the treatment is to watch and wait. Infection usually don't happen out of the blue unless you have diabetes or some preexisting issues. Could also be strain if you have recently worked out/moved wrong. Need more info to have a better idea.

The color of urine is not very helpful in most cases - with kidney stones you might see blood or your urine might turn maroonish - bright yellow is not diagnostic.

Appendix pain usually in the front, and down in the lower right belly - though it can be anywhere around the belly.
I'm not a doctor or anything, but if you have a fever I would definately go see a doctor right away.  My cousin had a kidney infection and spent a week in the hospital because of it.
Avatar_dr_m_tn

thanks so much, I made an appointment for the morning