Back & Neck Pain Expert Forum
Really painful shoulder when sneezing, coughing, deep breathing getting...

Questions in the Back & Neck Pain forum are answered by medical professionals and experts in their field. Topics covered include herniated disc, pinched nerves, sciatica, degenerative spine disease, spinal stenosis, spine trauma and fractures, and pine tumors.

Really painful shoulder when sneezing, coughing, deep breathing getting worse please help

For a good few months now i have put up with a first a pain in my left shoulder blade that only occured when i sneezed gradually its got alot worse and i almost result to tears, i instantly try to lay flat to minimise the pain when sneezing or stand against the wall.
Over the past week or so its been getting worse constantly aching through the day at all times even more so when sneezing and coughing, even some breaths. Over the past 2 days its been aching my lower neck.
This is only the left side of my shoulder blade / upper back.
Im not sure what it can be im only 25 and in good health bar this. I have an appointment to see my gp but am worried and hoping for some advice and thoughts on what this sounds like
This could be a symptom of a slipped disc in the neck or in the upper thoracic spine.
I would recommend that you do see a GP and get a thorough spine examination done and perhaps an MRI scan.
Thank you i have seen my doctor and he thinks it pleurisy ?? im not so sure but due an xray this week what are your thoughts?

thank you
Consulting a chiropractor is also a suggestion.I'v been seeing one for issues I have. I was having similar pain as you and when I went in,one of my ribs was out.He put it back in and I felt fine.I would have never guessed that it was my rib that was causing me such discomfort and pain.
HI, I HAVE BEEN HAVING ACUTE PAIN IN BETWEEN MY SHOULDERS A WEIRD PAIN, ALSO MY SHOULDER HURT A LOT AND COUGHING ALOT IT'S LIKE A DRY COUGH MY NECK HURTS ME ALOT ALSO SOMETIMES i THINK IS CANCER IN THE LUNGS, THIS PAIN IN MY SHULDERS IS GETTING WORSE AND WORSE, PLEASE HELP, THE BAD THING IS THAT I DONT HAVE INS AS I CHANGE JOBS.

THANK YOU.
MARITZA
hi why do you think its cancer? thanks
this is an update on me, chest xray came back clear. still getting this pan on sneezing especially its really hurting i dont know what to do or to request?