Right shoulder pain
I had a CT scan a couple of years ago for another matter. The scan report said that I had calcified cental disc protrusion at C-5, C-6. I never had any pain or symptoms so I ignored this part of the report. I now have right shoulder pain that I think is coming from the neck but it is hard to determine it's origin for certain. Just what is calcified central disc protrusion? Do my symptoms of right shoulder pain match this diagnosis? I've had this pain for over a month but Ibupophen has helped to relieve it.What should be my next course of action ? Are there exercises or streches that would help?

Thank you
Right shoulder pain could be pain radiating to that area from a pinched nerve in the neck or it can be from an inflammation or tear in the tendons/ligaments of the shoulder.
Some patients have a bit of both problems.
I would suggest that you try simple pain meds and physical therapy. If it is not getting better you need a neurosurgeon to look at you and an MRI of the neck and shoulder.
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.