Back & Neck Pain Expert Forum
Right shoulder pain

Questions in the Back & Neck Pain forum are answered by medical professionals and experts in their field. Topics covered include herniated disc, pinched nerves, sciatica, degenerative spine disease, spinal stenosis, spine trauma and fractures, and pine tumors.

Right shoulder pain

I had a CT scan a couple of years ago for another matter. The scan report said that I had calcified cental disc protrusion at C-5, C-6. I never had any pain or symptoms so I ignored this part of the report. I now have right shoulder pain that I think is coming from the neck but it is hard to determine it's origin for certain. Just what is calcified central disc protrusion? Do my symptoms of right shoulder pain match this diagnosis? I've had this pain for over a month but Ibupophen has helped to relieve it.What should be my next course of action ? Are there exercises or streches that would help?

Thank you
Right shoulder pain could be pain radiating to that area from a pinched nerve in the neck or it can be from an inflammation or tear in the tendons/ligaments of the shoulder.
Some patients have a bit of both problems.
I would suggest that you try simple pain meds and physical therapy. If it is not getting better you need a neurosurgeon to look at you and an MRI of the neck and shoulder.