Severe Back Pain that causes trouble with breathing
I have been having this really bad back pain since I was 15 years old (I am now 21). It usually happens about 3 or 4 times per year and lasts for 2 or three days at a time. The pain, as far as I can tell, is around the middle of my back and makes me have trouble taking deep breaths. So, I have to be taking little breaths in order to minimize the amount of pain. The pain is really bad and is intensified by any movement including something as simple as moving my arm a few inches, so it really restricts me from getting things done. I dont think this is caused by my weight; I am not overweight.

What could it be?
There are several possibilities including costochondritis, degenerative disc disease and even scoliosis. I would suggest that you get your spine evaluated by a neurosurgeon and get an MRI done.
Do you have X-ray check? It seem throacic spine trouble.
Take care!
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.