Back & Neck Pain Expert Forum
Shoulder Spasm..............

Questions in the Back & Neck Pain forum are answered by medical professionals and experts in their field. Topics covered include herniated disc, pinched nerves, sciatica, degenerative spine disease, spinal stenosis, spine trauma and fractures, and pine tumors.

Shoulder Spasm..............

Dear sir,
i am suffering from shoulder spasm( Trapezius,tightness in shoulder and pain) for last 1.5 yrs. i went for physiotherapy (laser,IFT,Ultrasound,Taping everything),allopathic and homeopathic treatment. Initially it started with right shoulder but after taking Physiotherapy it transferred to left and for last 1.5 yrs it is on left shoulder.
I have also undergone X ray which shows nothing. The movements of hand are fine but bit of heavyness and weakness.Even one Ortho Dr told me not to apply gel or do massage on spasms while other Orthos told you can do it.
Who is right here?
Is there any supporter which I can wear while working on Laptop as my profile involves office work only.
What will happen if I don't take any treatment for Spasm or whatever problem  in your observation?
What can be the problem I am facing according to your experience?
I would recommend a proper spine evaluation and MRIs of the cervical spine to know whether this is related to pinched nerves from a slipped disc in your neck.

Dr Prem Pillay
Director of Spine Services
Neuro Spine and Pain Center
Singapore
www.spine-neuro.org
Sir
Thanks for ans
Can I go for Sonography instead of MRI as it is bit costly for Spasms or pinched nerve of shoulder
Pankaj