Back & Neck Pain Expert Forum
Steriod Flare Up
About This Forum:

Questions in the Back & Neck Pain forum are answered by medical professionals and experts in their field. Topics covered include herniated disc, pinched nerves, sciatica, degenerative spine disease, spinal stenosis, spine trauma and fractures, and pine tumors.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Steriod Flare Up

I have recently had a cortesone shot in my L4 L5 and recently been told that I have a steriod flare up.   I have been experiencing strong pain where the injection was and now my pain is going through both my legs, which before the shot it was only going through one leg.  How long is steriod flare up suppose to last?  And what exactly is it?
Tags: flare ups
Related Discussions
412913_tn?1213498587
You should be on some simple NSAIDs for the pain. Some simple physical therapy could also help. Be guided by the advice from the doc that did your treatment.
2 Comments
Blank
On my second selective nerve root injection my nerve was touched and I can tell you I was in serious pain for about 5 -6 days. Then it finally subsided. the first and third were fine - they just wore off after a few weeks.

I was told that sometimes the needle can push on the nerve and irritate it plus all of the medicine causes more pressure. Incidentally I was ok the first day while it was numb. It got terrible once the numbing agent wore off.

Feel Better,

Julie
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank