Back & Neck Pain Expert Forum
continued pain after fall 9 months ago

Questions in the Back & Neck Pain forum are answered by medical professionals and experts in their field. Topics covered include herniated disc, pinched nerves, sciatica, degenerative spine disease, spinal stenosis, spine trauma and fractures, and pine tumors.

continued pain after fall 9 months ago

Forgive me if this is the wrong forum. I fell last fall, landing on my hands and knees. Pain shot up my thigh into my pelvis and through my hip. The doctor did not xray my hip or pelvis since I was not limping, although I did have pronounced pain in the groin area and my hip. He felt it was a pulled groin muscle. However I still have episodes of extremely sharp pain in the identical spots. It even feels as if the bone is pulling apart when I turn over in bed. I do have degenerative spinal disease with spinal stenosis. I am puzzled though  that this specific pain is still the same as the day I fell several months ago. Does pain related to spinal stenosis radiate into the hip and/or groin? Also, does spinal stenosis cause difficulty in climbing stairs? I have a terrible time climbing any steps. The doctors did an emg to check for myasthenia gravis and it was negative. Thank you in advance for your response.  I live in a rural area and have to travel several hours to see specialists.
You can have pain in the hip and groin from spinal disease. This includes spinal stenosis and foraminal stenosis depending on the lumbar level of disease. Higher levels can contribute to pain in these areas (L1-2-3 levels).
I would seek expert advise. X-rays of the hip and spine are advisable. MRIs may be needed.

Dr Prem Pillay MBBS FACS
Neurosurgeon and Director of Neuro and Spine Services
Neuro Spine and Pain Center
Singapore
www.spine-neuro.org
u didnot mention ur age mainly. ur symptoms r related to spinal stenosis only .Take some physiotheray treatments to get rid of the pain.It is better to get an mri report to get the exact condition of the spine.Ok     Best of luck---dr.madhu
Thank you for your response. I will make an appt. with my doctor. God Bless.
A related discussion, spial tap was started.