Back & Neck Pain Expert Forum
herniations and clonus
About This Forum:

Questions in the Back & Neck Pain forum are answered by medical professionals and experts in their field. Topics covered include herniated disc, pinched nerves, sciatica, degenerative spine disease, spinal stenosis, spine trauma and fractures, and pine tumors.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

herniations and clonus

I'm a 29 year old male. Could left paracentral disc herniations at the C3/C4, C5/C6 and C6/C7 (with cord compression resulting from the latter two) cause sustained unilateral (left) ankle clonus? I don't any other neurological signs on exam at this time. I will frequently wake up with a stiff neck that will be stiff and painful for a few days afterwards, but I am not sure if that it is related and, in any case, this is not troubling.

I can't imagine how I sustained the herniations other than possibly jumping horses when I was younger.

Thanks so much.
-Adlai