Back & Neck Pain Expert Forum
inflammation and high platelet count

Questions in the Back & Neck Pain forum are answered by medical professionals and experts in their field. Topics covered include herniated disc, pinched nerves, sciatica, degenerative spine disease, spinal stenosis, spine trauma and fractures, and pine tumors.

inflammation and high platelet count
i was told by a doctor that i have inflammation and a high platelet count my body aches all the time my knees and ankles  have swollen up what do you think it might be
I would suggest that you see a rheumatologist and have a thorough evaluation done.
Platelets are often elevated in rheumatoid arthritis. The major target organ for this disease is the joint. so ,possibly,it's reason that your knees and ankles  have swollen up .
Take care!