lower back popping
I am not really sure what the problem is. I work at a local hospital and I assist with post surgical patients as a PCT and there are times that there is pulling and lifting. I noticed a few days ago that my right lower back would have a popping feeling when I used my left leg. There is minimal pain and discomfort that does go down into my left leg. I also noticed lower back discomfort and at times the discomfort radiates higher. The company physician took xrays that show no obvious problems...for whick I am thankful, but my back continues to pop and at times it seem to pop hogher then just my lower back. I was told that this is due to possible swelling from a muscle strain which would cause some places to not being properly aligned, due to the swelling. Hmmm, I am a little worried about this, I have never had any real back issues and therefore this is a little frightening. It feels like something is out of place and needs to be popped back in. Should I ask for anything specific from the company MD? I really love my career and hate for there to be a lasting consequence to my accident/back strain? Thank you
My best guess is that this is more than a muscle strain and could be early symptoms from a slipped or herniated disc.
X-rays alone may not show this. You need to get an MRI of the lumbar spine.
If you do have DDD (degenerative disc disease) please see a physiotherapist for acitve therapy as a preventive measure.
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.