Back & Neck Pain Expert Forum
pain managment

Questions in the Back & Neck Pain forum are answered by medical professionals and experts in their field. Topics covered include herniated disc, pinched nerves, sciatica, degenerative spine disease, spinal stenosis, spine trauma and fractures, and pine tumors.

pain managment
Doc,
I no longer want to live my life of large quantities of opiates. Is Suboxone an alternative to chronic back pain treatment?
I would suggest that you try to reduce your dependance on opiates. Our philosophy is to identify the pain generators in the spine and to treat them appropriately.
Patients like you should ideally be seen in a Spine and Pain clinic that has several different specialists working together from Neurosurgery to Pain management.
A psychologist with experience in working with pain is also an important resource.
So please look for such a center near by where you can get high quality advice and treatment.

Dr Prem Pillay MBBS FRCS(Canada,Neurosurgery) FACS
Medical Director
Neuro Spine and Pain Center
Singapore
www.spine-neuro.org