Back & Neck Pain Expert Forum
pinpoint backpain w/numbness

Questions in the Back & Neck Pain forum are answered by medical professionals and experts in their field. Topics covered include herniated disc, pinched nerves, sciatica, degenerative spine disease, spinal stenosis, spine trauma and fractures, and pine tumors.

pinpoint backpain w/numbness
I have pain in my back that i can pinpoint to one spot.  It is alittle higher then midback, and when I press there it hurts worse and the pain continues after i stop touching it.  The left side of my body seems to have certain numbness and tingling.  My left foot and arm are the worst, but sometimes it goes all the way up to my knee and up to my shoulder.  I had an emg done and the test came out normal except for moderate carpal tunnel syndrome.  Could any of this be related? What should I try next? I'm in the military, and it seems as though the doctors that they send me to don't tell me anything. Please help!
I would suggest that you consult with a neuro/spine specialist and get a thorough spine and neuro exam done.
You may need MRIs of your spine.
You could well have herniated discs as a cause of your pain.

Dr Prem Pillay
Consultant Neurosurgeon
Director of Neuro and Spine Services
Neuro SPine and Pain Center
Singapore
First of alI,don't think your back pain has related with carpal tunnel syndrome.
Secondary,you should go to see orthopaedic doctor for diagnosis.basically,you should pay attention to neck area.
Good luck!