Back & Neck Pain Expert Forum
seeking an advice ,please help

Questions in the Back & Neck Pain forum are answered by medical professionals and experts in their field. Topics covered include herniated disc, pinched nerves, sciatica, degenerative spine disease, spinal stenosis, spine trauma and fractures, and pine tumors.

seeking an advice ,please help
im 39yrs,My MRI result shows (a small central posterior disc protrusion at T5/T6 with indentation of thecal sac.)That was on 11/19/2008. I have been off work since and avoiding any heavy lifting and sleeping on firm bed, the pain is stabbing in the spinal bones of T5/6 and aching between my shoulders and goes side by side with spine .i am on pain killers some time they dont work and i have to go to ER to get morphine injection  ,what is the best exercises you recommend for that? and what should I avoid? i will aperciate your answer thanks
I would recommend that you see a physio for thoracic spinal mobilization and exercises.
You should try some NSAIDs and muscle relaxants.
If the pain persists then you can also add on Lyrica.

Dr Prem Pillay
Neuro Spine and Pain Center