Back & Neck Pain Expert Forum
severe neck pain

Questions in the Back & Neck Pain forum are answered by medical professionals and experts in their field. Topics covered include herniated disc, pinched nerves, sciatica, degenerative spine disease, spinal stenosis, spine trauma and fractures, and pine tumors.

severe neck pain

I was injured at work back in January 2008.  I was hoping you could explain my MRI findings.

C3-C4  mild left-sided uncovertebral joint hypertrophy

C5-C6 mild right-sided uncovertebral joint hypertrophy

C6-C7  left sided uncovertebral joint hypertrophy causes at least mild left foraminal narrowing.

mild straightening of the cervical lordosis
multi level uncovertebral joint hypertrophy, particularly on the left at C2-C3 and C6-C7.

my doctor doesnt seem to want to fix any of the problems in my neck, and i am in increased pain each day.  I am going to be going for an EMG soon, but would like to know what my results mean at each level.  I cant take the pain, numbness, tingling, anymore...please respond!
I would consider going to a physiotherapist and having a course of treatment with them and taking some simple analgesics.
If it still does not get better you may need some pain injections.
I wish you all the luck in the world. I had car accident in 04, surgery in 05 and i'm still in alot of pain. It gets super bad when I do something stupid like, folding laundry or any kind of work at all. I'd be real careful how you go about getting help. I feel I chose the wrong dr. and the wrong path to recovery. Now I have pain getting worse and very limited options. (no insurance) If you have insurance you might want to look into this clinic in florida. I think its called the bonati institute. They offer alternatives to invasive surgery.
What did you do to your neck?  Many times surgery of the neck and back can cause more problems then they cure. Also be aware of Chiropractors. Some, not all, want nothing more then you to have treatment that will do nothing more then take your money and do more damage then when you went in. I would see a good neurosurgen  to discuss various helpful  options.