Back & Neck Pain Expert Forum
shooting stabbing pain

Questions in the Back & Neck Pain forum are answered by medical professionals and experts in their field. Topics covered include herniated disc, pinched nerves, sciatica, degenerative spine disease, spinal stenosis, spine trauma and fractures, and pine tumors.

shooting stabbing pain
2 days ago I started having stabbing shooting pain from my left skull base up my head about half way It happens randomly and makes my shoulders jerk a bit. I have had neck problems most of my life and see a chiropractor a few times a year for headachs. Did not help this time. Ibuprofen helps a little but not for long. I also have pain in ear and behind left eye. Please help if you can. I have no insurance and cant see a Doc. for something that is more than likely nothing.
it's probably some facet join inflammation because it gets better with NSAID, se a Physiotherapisy
Ummm...it sounds like trigeminal neuralgia to me. If you can't afford to see a doc, that rules out any prescription meds like Imitrex or Lyrica. Physiotherapy won't help: this condition is related to migraine headaches. I know: I have it infrequently (thank God) but it is like someone stabbing a knife in the side of my head and ear. Have you tried plain aspirin?