Back & Neck Community
Sharp pain in back and left shoulder

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Sharp pain in back and left shoulder

I recently read a post about the sharp pain in the upper back this one person had, but mines way different. Im already having problems with a (sinus infection?) above my left eye, and it hurts if i look all the way up, down, left & right. However, when i woke up this morning, i stretched, and suddenly it felt like I had whiplash all the way down my left side to my waist. It hurts on my left side to sit up, lie down, or to even sit down and get up. I dont know whats causing it. This the last thing I need right now.
Hi there!

While discomfort with eye movements may be related to the sinus infection, the symptoms may need an evaluation. Likely possibilities that may need to be considered are inflammations, postural/ skeletal defects, neuro-muscular issues like myopathy, neuropathy, nerve compression etc. Without a clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. I would suggest an evaluation by a primary care physician initially and depending on the cause suspected/ diagnosed, it can be managed accordingly or specialist care may be sought.
Hope this helps.

Take care!