mri done on my back
i finally had my mri done for my back, i have 3 bulging discs, not sure what that means , which ones and im still suffering with my neck pain.  But for the last yr, ( i never thought if this had anything to do with the other), if i sit down on any hard surface, or in a car for too long, it takes a good couple minutes before i can  get up.  The pain goes down to my tailbone, and soon as i try to pull myself up, i have excruciating pain pulling me back down.  I have to say ive neve mentioned this to my Dr. since she has to deal with my chronic pain, migraines, i dont know think she would want anything else added to the list., so i was just wondering if someone would know what and why i am having these horrible pains when i try to get up from a sitting position.  The pain is seems to be lowest back to tailbone down to my hip area, but not my legs. Any thoughts would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Tetley3
The pain you are feeling is probably coming from your bulging disks. I have had L3 to S1 herniations ( the lowest part of your back) who did the MRI and did that doctor suggest any treatments? You should mention if to your doctor to see if they will try some form of treatment to alleviate your pain. There are other options than pain meds. For me the first thing each time I had a herniations was to try prednisone, lumbar epidural blocks ( series of steroid injections) physical therapy. You could try ice or heat to see if it helps the pain in the mean time but I would definetly tell your doctor you are having pain. Hope you get to feeling better:)