10 years of pain and frustration
if any one could help ???
about 10 years ago i was lifting a heavy item when i felt a pop in my neck just behind my right ear then i felt a throbing banging sensation in the same position i sat down and after a while it calmed down after that i felt very dizzy for a few weeks but every time a strained i got dizzy and if i stained really hard i would get the same banging feeling in my neck  i also get a grinding in neck around the same pos as initial injury since then it has just been a down hill slope ive had constant shoulder pains neck pains weakening of arm and hands i get lock jaw difficult to swallow ive had shoulder burtsis problem with my wrists tingling in face neck and chest muscle spasms to sure if it is all related but was totally health and injury free prior to initial injury had mri 5 years ago and they found nothing wrong shoulder surgery was 3 months ago and a physio said i could have damaged disks in my neck waiting to see a specialist but im not holding any  hope
hoping to hear from someone thanx
Hi and welcome to the back and neck suppor forum.

Since this is  an ongoing issue I would ask if u could get the neck MRI'd again.....
may I ask what type of shoulder surgery?

Have u tried PT?

"selma"
Hi selma thanx 4 your reply my surgery was a ac decompression
and yes i have tried PT but results havnt been very good hpoing to get a MRI so fingers crossed
Good luck with the MRI....keep us posted on the results!!

"selma"
It will depend on the results of your cervical spine MRI what type of treatment would be effective to relieve your symptoms.  I believe the physical therapist is correct in thinking that your neck vertebrae are the pain generators.  
Please post the results of your MRI and we might be able to assist you better.
While it is possible to have a concurrent shoulder injury/bursitis, the shoulder pain could have also been related to your neck problems.  I hope that you are under the care of an orthopedic spine specialist, and if possible, a referral to a reputable surgeon.
Best wishes ----

I have been reading up and was wondering if i t could be thoradic outlet syndrome because all my symptoms seem to match still waiting for MRI but ive read that it is hard to diagnose even with a scan but i will put it to them .

Hi Davey,

May I ask do u mean Thoracic outet syndrome?...if so, there r 3 different types            Non-specific TOS, Vascular TOS,Neurogenic TOS.

Many of the symptoms do appear to fit....but there can be several conditions with the same symptoms.I pray u get ur answers soon.

Please keep me posted

"selma"